Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Free Agency Rumors and Signings

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    We don't have any more $$ to spend on free agent o-linemen because of the Clady and Vasquez deals. If we did, we likely would have retained Beadles.
    The Broncos I believe considered Beadles a liability and the reason I am saying that is because he was a better fit for the Zone Blocking Scheme, what happened at the beginning of Free Agency? Denver parted with ZBS Guru Alex Gibbs, whereas Coach Magz is a man-to-man blocking scheme orientated coach. Also, Denver could well look to unload Clady, his contract isn't horrible he's due on average about 10 mil a season for the rest of the contract, but it could net them a high pick or multiple picks in a deep offensive line draft while also freeing up some money to secure other positions, and having a backup capable of manning the position - even if not great? I'm sure it's crossed somebody's mind in the front office.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Ball will be fine. CJ hasn't had a chance yet. If he hadn't have gotten injured in training camp, Knowshon may barely have gotten on the field and everyone would still be talking about him as a first round bust. Duke knows what he's doing. Better to give the kids their shot without looking over their shoulder. One or both of them will come through. Let's not forget that we won't have our left guard getting knocked into the backfield on nearly every running play. I don't know who we're going to draft to fill that position, but I can guarantee you that he'll be good at the point of attack. The Broncos running game is going to look different this season. John Elway knows what this team needs and he's in the process of getting it done.
    i know montee's fine, and i like CJ. . . and i do trust JFE, but the guy still puts his pants on one leg at a time in the morning, and he's wrong sometimes just like anyone else. . . hillman sucks, has since they overdrafted him. . .

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i know montee's fine, and i like CJ. . . and i do trust JFE, but the guy still puts his pants on one leg at a time in the morning, and he's wrong sometimes just like anyone else. . . hillman sucks, has since they overdrafted him. . .
    Amen. I'm looking forward to CJ getting his chance to shine

6. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

i AGREE AABOUt beadles. I did not want him here anylonger. He was aliability. I disagree about letting clady go. I think they want him here for a long long time....

Hillman sucks.

I look forward to drafting OG and WR.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I think Hillman has shown more flashes than Moreno did in his first couple years. At least he can run fast as a running back. I'm not ready to pull the plug yet. But this year is his put up or shut up.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I think Hillman has shown more flashes than Moreno did in his first couple years. At least he can run fast as a running back. I'm not ready to pull the plug yet. But this year is his put up or shut up.
    Hands too small, like Holliday

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    i AGREE AABOUt beadles. I did not want him here anylonger. He was aliability. I disagree about letting clady go. I think they want him here for a long long time....

Hillman sucks.

I look forward to drafting OG and WR.
    I'm not advocating trading Clady, I said I am sure that it has crossed the minds of the front office as they weighed options at this point. As to Hillman, I am not sure he sucks but that he struggles to surpass his limitations. Elway and Fox still seem to think he can contribute, it's quite possible that they are correct and we are yet to see what it is that they do.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i keep hearing how Ware is going to be a leader for the defense. In all his years on the Cowboys, he was never a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    i keep hearing how Ware is going to be a leader for the defense. In all his years on the Cowboys, he was never a leader.
    Who was?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Leaders come in different forms. They don't all have to be the Dawkins/Wilson types.
    Ware is a model teammate, a great locker room presence, and a model citizen. That
    all adds up to leader . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Ware was a Captain.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    Ware was a Captain.
    So was Jake Plummer and Kyle Orton...not being argumentative, but captaincy is not always a verification of leadership. I agree Ware is a leader in various forms. The Broncos believe that Ward has the leadership that I believe some are referring to, so one of each is better then one less of either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    So was Jake Plummer and Kyle Orton...not being argumentative, but captaincy is not always a verification of leadership. I agree Ware is a leader in various forms. The Broncos believe that Ward has the leadership that I believe some are referring to, so one of each is better then one less of either.
    Quarterbacks usually are captains.

Adopted Bronco:

I guess you have to live in their back yard to know how false that comment is

In March 2005, Ware married his high school sweetheart, Taniqua Smith, a former Air Force member and the daughter of a police officer. After three difficult pregnancies—including the birth and death of a son, Omar, in 2006—they adopted their daughter, Marley.[28] They planned to become a foster family, as well as continue trying for a biological family,[29] which they achieved with the birth of their son, DeMarcus, Jr., on November 20, 2010. He also has another child named Bryce.
    Ware graduated from Troy with a degree in business information systems, becoming the first member of his family to graduate from college.

The above is according to Wikipedia. He seems to have good character. Not that the above guarantees that he has good character, just that it hints that he does. I think he's filling Wesley Woodyard's shoes.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information