Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: With the 31st pick, the Denver Broncos Select........

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

....Jordan Matthews.

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420 View Post
    I've heard some say Elway isn't a great drafter and shanny was pretty darn good. Idk. I really don't pay attention to the draft because I rarely watch college FB. If I remember correctly if the person shanny truly want wasn't available, he then seemed to take the BAP. Should we take the best available player approach even if its a position we may not need? Just a question - not a statement.
    I have always been 100% against that approach. What if the BAP at #31 is an outside linebacker? With Von and Danny, we don't need one, so an elite player would be on the bench.
    Bronco: The best horse in the NFL

Adopted Bronco:

I'm good with BAP...if it's a position of need. It might not be a prioritized position, but if we could use some help or depth at it, then I'm good

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I'm good with BAP...if it's a position of need. It might not be a prioritized position, but if we could use some help or depth at it, then I'm good
    That is still needs-based drafting. BAP drafting means you do not need the player, just want an upgrade.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown Denver View Post
    That is still needs-based drafting. BAP drafting means you do not need the player, just want an upgrade.
    We have a hole at guard and could use more corners, a WR and MLB. So let's say...for argument purposes...that we prioritize this list in order of MLB, LG, CB, WR. But when our pick comes up, the best player is a WR. I'm ok with taking a WR. Then when our next pick comes up, the best player is a CB. I'm ok with taking a CB.

I dont mean taking a QB or LT that falls...just positions we need help and depth at

7. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

I have always been 100% against that approach. What if the BAP at #31 is an outside linebacker? With Von and Danny, we don't need one, so an elite player would be on the bench.
    Not Necessarily, he could be on the field on all passing downs.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I think they would look for quality depth for OL, CB as first players if not just depth.

I remember many fans were asking what the heck, when they drafted al wilson as we already had a solid MLB. I doubt they would go after a SLB but almost any other position could stand depth.

IF an outstanding OC or OG was there then it is a no brainer.

10. The Following User High Fived luckyseven For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luckyseven View Post
    I think they would look for quality depth for OL, CB as first players if not just depth.

I remember many fans were asking what the heck, when they drafted Al Wilson as we already had a solid MLB. I doubt they would go after a SLB but almost any other position could stand depth.

IF an outstanding OC or OG was there then it is a no brainer.
    The first round is for picking starters. Late-round picks are for depth.

12. The Following User High Fived Touchdown Denver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The Broncos have a gaping hole at LG right now.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The Broncos have a gaping hole at LG right now.
    Assuming reports about Orlando Franklin moving inside are false. We may actually have a gaping hole at right tackle.

yet if your pretty stacked as starters not many are going to break the line up.

not all top picks are going to beat out experienced vets on a super bowl team, especially if you are picking 31.

Williams as an example was not ready to start,

when you are picking #2 and are 4-12 more players are going to become starters.

16. The Following User High Fived luckyseven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

lol! BPA is one of those terms that's been passed around so much that it doesn't really even mean anything anymore. . . anyone with an ounce of sense has ALWAYS included the silent caveat "at a position of need". . .

even more to the point, with injuries, depth needs and the short-term nature of FA contracts, team needs can change multiple times just over the course of one season. . . as long as we draft good athletes that work hard and fit our scheme, we'll be fine. . . they're all just puzzle pieces that have to be re-arranged on the fly every year anyway. . .
    Last edited by dogfish; 03-14-2014 at 08:24 PM.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Assuming reports about Orlando Franklin moving inside are false. We may actually have a gaping hole at right tackle.
    I'd say more like rumors. Leave him at the position he's played since he was drafted. Draft a LG.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I'd say more like rumors. Leave him at the position he's played since he was drafted. Draft a LG.
    Do you know any left guards who are projected to go late in the first?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Do you know any left guards who are projected to go late in the first?
    Marcus Martin, USC; Xavier Su-o Filo, UCLA; Gabe Jackson, Mississippi State.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information