Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sapp wins Fullback/ Bell possibly traded

Default Sapp wins Fullback/ Bell possibly traded

Cecil Sapp: Now Playing Fullback for Broncos

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
    Sunday, September 2, 2007
    Update: After spending most of the preseason at tailback, Sapp will enter the season as the team's No. 1 fullback after the surprising release of starter Kyle Johnson, the Denver Post reports.

Recommendation: Mike Bell has also shifted to fullback, where he will apparently either back up Sapp or be traded. Sapp was expected to be one of the front-runners to win the No. 2 tailback job, but that was ultimately won by undrafted rookie free agent Selvin Young after a strong camp.

looks like mike bell is going to end up as trade bait. and why shouldnt he? shanny has turned a profit into average running backs since the caveman invented the wheel. if we could get a 3rd or 4th then i would be stoked at this move. we are lacking good draft picks for next year.

rumor has it that a few teams are looking at bell. one is the packers and they might already have a verbel agreement so maybe this is why we havnt seen bell that much this preseason. moving bell to fullback? maybe it was a gimmick move by shanny to show he is elusive as well and not labled as "non blocking" runningback.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post

Update: After spending most of the preseason at tailback, Sapp will enter the season as the team's No. 1 fullback after the surprising release of starter Kyle Johnson, the Denver Post reports.

Recommendation: Mike Bell has also shifted to fullback, where he will apparently either back up Sapp or be traded. Sapp was expected to be one of the front-runners to win the No. 2 tailback job, but that was ultimately won by undrafted rookie free agent Selvin Young after a strong camp.

looks like mike bell is going to end up as trade bait. and why shouldnt he? shanny has turned a profit into average running backs since the caveman invented the wheel. if we could get a 3rd or 4th then i would be stoked at this move. we are lacking good draft picks for next year.

rumor has it that a few teams are looking at bell. one is the packers and they might already have a verbel agreement so maybe this is why we havnt seen bell that much this preseason. moving bell to fullback? maybe it was a gimmick move by shanny to show he is elusive as well and not labled as "non blocking" runningback.
    I think Sapp can do a more than adequate job at FB. I know we have some KJ fans here, I liked him too.

He can catch the flare passes and he showed skill at picking up the blitzers this pre season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

It been rumored that Green Bay was either looking to trade for a runningback from us or wait until one them got cut.

By the way isn't Rotowire a Fantasy Football site?

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    It been rumored that Green Bay was either looking to trade for a runningback from us or wait until one them got cut.

By the way isn't Rotowire a Fantasy Football site?
    maybe thats why we didnt cut bell. personally bell shouldnt be cut. i think he has a lot of upside with coming off an 8 touchdown season for a rookie.

now they'll have to trade.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

with sapp and young both capable backups, i wouldn't mind seeing us recoup one of our missing draft picks next year by trading bell-- more picks is always good. . . we're light on picks right now, and we're going to need them. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    with sapp and young both capable backups, i wouldn't mind seeing us recoup one of our missing draft picks next year by trading bell-- more picks is always good. . . we're light on picks right now, and we're going to need them. . .
    if its the packers then a 4th is basically a 3rd!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Funny thing, on BM I read where a couple guys were saying we can't get rid of Bell because that would leave no one with experience behind Henry. Well if that's case what do call last season? If Bell were to be trade there would wouldn't be a lot difference in the situation from last season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Seen this a bit ago on Broncos Update. Says it was updated at 8:55

Green Bay Packers

Other Roster Moves: Claimed FB John Kuhn off waivers from Pittsburgh ... Reserved/Injured RB Noah Herron, S Tyrone Culver, LB Abdul Hodge, G Tyson Walter ... Traded an undisclosed draft pick to the Giants for RB Ryan Grant.
    They may be out of the running for Bell. Maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by columbiaskinny View Post
    Seen this a bit ago on Broncos Update. Says it was updated at 8:55

They may be out of the running for Bell. Maybe not.
    i wonder what they gave up for him? im pretty sure bell would have been a better deal. i wonder who else needs a running back or are we just gonna hang onto bell and trade him after the season?

you never know skinny

they like bronco backs.....who doesnt?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

We'll be alright either way.

I personally hope they hold onto Bell. Remember Cobbs last year? He had a pretty good running through the preseason as well, and while Young looks more versatile, he also has durability issues like Cobb (though decidedly less serious).

I think peopel are forgetting Bells potential, and I think he can still get the job done at RB. With Denvers running game, if Henry stays healthy, I think if Bell gets carries, or Young, eithers trade stock wil lsky rocket.

Personalyl though, I think this talk of him as trade bait is a little to early on for my liking, and chalk it all up to speculation at the moment. You never know with Shanny and company though, and even if Bell leaves, I do have high hopes for Young. I just hope we hold onto someone who remains proven and has faced 1st team defenses many times then a preseason smash.

Gotta trust Bobby Turner though....
    Temp sig till I find another one

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BigBroncLove View Post
    I personally hope they hold onto Bell. Remember Cobbs last year? He had a pretty good running through the preseason as well, and while Young looks more versatile, he also has durability issues like Cobb (though decidedly less serious).

I think peopel are forgetting Bells potential, and I think he can still get the job done at RB. With Denvers running game, if Henry stays healthy, I think if Bell gets carries, or Young, eithers trade stock wil lsky rocket.

Personalyl though, I think this talk of him as trade bait is a little to early on for my liking, and chalk it all up to speculation at the moment. You never know with Shanny and company though, and even if Bell leaves, I do have high hopes for Young. I just hope we hold onto someone who remains proven and has faced 1st team defenses many times then a preseason smash.

I can't speak for everyone, but I haven't forgotten that Bell played solidly for us last season. But if Green Bay is in the market and want to trade then I think Shanahan and Sundquist at the very least consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBroncLove View Post

I agree BBL. It would be horrible if we traded Bell and later found out that Young turned out to be the next Cedric Cobbs (preseason hit, couldn't quite do it against NFL starters).

rumor has it that a few teams are looking at bell. one is the packers and they might already have a verbel agreement so maybe this is why we havnt seen bell that much this preseason. moving bell to fullback? maybe it was a gimmick move by shanny to show he is elusive as well and not labled as "non blocking" runningback.[/COLOR]

That's a great point.

Maybe we can get a 4th round pick for him.

Maybe.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information