Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos to Release Champ Bailey

Cecil Lammey is suggesting TJ Ward or Byrd to help fill the void at safety.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    I'd love to see either of those two safeties in a Broncos' uniform, Ward is a hard hitting SOB with no real weaknesses and Byrd is one of the best coverage safeties in the league.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Damn. I just saw this. Damn. This really sucks. I wish he could find his way back to the Broncos.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

I was surprised to hear about releasing Champ Bailey. It was tough to see him go. He had a great career with the Broncos. Thanks, Champ!

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

He obviously couldn't stay for that kind of money. But he won't get big money anywhere he goes. I'd love to see him finish up in Denver. I hate seeing guys bounce around at the end of their career.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Should they have kept him at $10 mil?
    well when you put it like that.... i dont think so. Just sucks, i would have tried everything possible to keep him here for 1 more year.

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    dont get me excited.

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    He obviously couldn't stay for that kind of money. But he won't get big money anywhere he goes. I'd love to see him finish up in Denver. I hate seeing guys bounce around at the end of their career.
    yea especially when they have played for a single team so long.

11. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Do you guys think he will sign a one-day contract with the broncos once he finally decides to retire .. so he can retire as a bronco? I can't tell if the split was amicable.

As much as I understand the decision, this is still so heartbreaking. I wouldve loved to see him finish his last year in denver. The tweets of his teammates made me cry, not gonna lie. They really loved and respected him. He was a leader in the locker room no doubt.

Peter Burns of the Denver pressbox tweeted about having a thankyouchamp rally. I really hope they push through with it because champ deserves it. He needs a warm sendoff from us fans.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived toodles_belle For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    It really, really hurts that we could never win this guy a title with all he gave to the Broncos. Then to just flat out cut him after the Super Bowl loss. I'm really shocked we could not work out a restructure with him.
    Takes two to get a contract. Might be him not John

Quote Originally Posted by toodles_belle View Post
    Do you guys think he will sign a one-day contract with the broncos once he finally decides to retire .. so he can retire as a bronco? I can't tell if the split was amicable. As much as I understand the decision, this is still so heartbreaking. I wouldve loved to see him finish his last year in denver. The tweets of his teammates made me cry, not gonna lie. They really loved and respected him. He was a leader in the locker room no doubt. Peter Burns of the Denver pressbox tweeted about having a thankyouchamp rally. I really hope they push through with it because champ deserves it. He needs a warm sendoff from us fans.
    I posted this earlier in the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    Maybe I'm just drunk, but this brought a tear to my eye. I love champ and I'll wear his jersey with pride for years to come. Everyone loves Elam and Sharpe even though they left here. He might sign a one day contract to retire as a bronco. I would love that.
    Free Hotcarl!

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    So basically the earlier reports of the Broncos not making an effort to deal with him were indeed false, they are trying to restructure his current contract but the team has decided if it can not get done then they're going to release him and let him go elsewhere no matter what.

Makes sense to me.
    He was due a million dollar roster bonus the 4th day of the new season.

This saves the cap 10mil and zero dead money.

Something that had to be done.

17. The Following User High Fived luckyseven For This Post:

Knew it was coming, and it makes sense. Thanks Champ.

19. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

thanks for the mammaries

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    Maybe I'm just drunk, but this brought a tear to my eye. I love Champ and I'll wear his jersey with pride for years to come. Everyone loves Elam and Sharpe even though they left here. He might sign a one day contract to retire as a Bronco. I would love that.
    You are not drunk, just being a Broncos fan. I think we would all love it if he signs a one-day retirement contract in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Would love to see 24 retired into ring of fame. But Bailey even knew he lost a step when he said he would move to safety.

I will miss the leadership hope the youngsters learned a lot while they could.
    His comments about moving to safety are why this thread surprised me. I thought John Elway would rather make Champ Bailey take a pay cut to play safety than tell him to go find another job.

DRC will take over the leadership role if he gets the $10 million that would have gone to Bailey this year.

Quote Originally Posted by toodles_belle View Post
    Do you guys think he will sign a one-day contract with the Broncos once he finally decides to retire so he can retire as a Bronco? I can't tell if the split was amicable.

As much as I understand the decision, this is still so heartbreaking. I wouldve loved to see him finish his last year in Denver. The tweets of his teammates made me cry, not gonna lie. They really loved and respected him. He was a leader in the locker room no doubt.

Peter Burns of the Denver press box tweeted about having a thankyouchamp rally. I really hope they push through with it because champ deserves it. He needs a warm sendoff from us fans.
    It was not like how Peyton Manning got thrown out of Indianapolis, but I am not sure "amicable" is the right word. It was probably a mutual agreement because Bailey knows how the business aspect of the NFL works and that, at age 35, he is not fast enough to start at cornerback anymore. But I am sure he is not happy about it after being a Bronco for so many years and ending his tenure in Denver with the worst game of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Thank you sir, I hope I can produce a good thought every now and then!

Another thing I keep thinking is as awful as I feel right now, how did it feel to be a Colts fan when Manning was released? Hard to wrap your head around. Last time I was upset like this was probably Sharpe going to Baltimore or Atwater to the Jets. You just don't see players with teams for a decade plus anymore.
    I am not a Colts fan, but I followed the story. Jim Irsay made himself look like a total idiot every time he tweeted something about Peyton Manning while little brother Eli was getting ready to play in Super Bowl 46. I can't guess what Colts fans were thinking, but their reaction was probably similar to Packers fans about Brett Favre's ugly departure.
    Bronco: The best horse in the NFL

It was a no brainer decision for Broncos, gave us some great years but his play is headed south.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Good move, makes sense.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information