Thread: Star Citizen!

Default Star Citizen!

I know those that are strictly "platform" gamers won't get the chance to play this game, but is anyone else excited about Star Citizen? Chris Roberts (Wing Commander) is making his HUGE MMO, and so far, its everything that people have expected. ALthough not released until the end of the year, you can buy your ship.

I'm Majorly looking forward to this game.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

The only MMO I am excited about is Elder Scrolls, all the other MMO's I've played become repetitive in gameplay and have gnashed storylines. I loath Knights of the Old Republic and SW Galaxies, and the only other MMO I have found to my liking is Warcraft. Sucks that I'm not a big PC gamer, I like Robert's work, Wing Commander was a magnificent series till they allowed it to fall wayside into the gutter.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

I loved Wing Commander as a kid, prolly my favorite games. but they have had 39$ million in donations so far and keep pushing back deadline after deadline year after year, so I am cautiously optimistic

I just can't stand playing the "fantasy" games. I'm tired of the elves, dwarfs and wizards. This game is going to be epic and will blow the pants off anything. Its going to be the "star wars" of MMOs, because it will change everything.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

5. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I just can't stand playing the "fantasy" games. I'm tired of the elves, dwarfs and wizards. This game is going to be epic and will blow the pants off anything. Its going to be the "star wars" of MMOs, because it will change everything.
    I'll never get tired of dwarfs, elves and wizards maybe...lol. I hope someone can make another successful Science Fiction RPG or MMO that actually is worth a damn. Knights of the Old Republic, the original not the MMO set the standard and Mass Effect broke lose and went beyond, we can only hope that will be the same said regarding Robert's next work.

7. The Following User High Fived Lancane For This Post:

I'm afraid to get my hopes up........this and wasteland 2 could ruin my life lol

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    I'm afraid to get my hopes up........this and wasteland 2 could ruin my life lol
    Yeah, been there... I was so pissed off when I found out Knights of the Old Republic was going MMORPG instead of a true RPG, but Bioware went on and on about how it would rival all other MMO's, blah, blah, blah. After trying it, that game was about the worst POS ever next to freaking Galaxies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Yeah, been there... I was so pissed off when I found out Knights of the Old Republic was going MMORPG instead of a true RPG, but Bioware went on and on about how it would rival all other MMO's, blah, blah, blah. After trying it, that game was about the worst POS ever next to freaking Galaxies.
    I hated the first Star Wars, and didn't like the second at all. I don't think we have the same taste if you think the Old Star Wars MMO "set the standard"...because that sucked!

I didn't know Mass Effect came out with an MMO

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I hated the first Star Wars, and didn't like the second at all. I don't think we have the same taste if you think the Old Star Wars MMO "set the standard"...because that sucked!

I didn't know Mass Effect came out with an MMO
    Mass Effect 3 has a hugely successful MMO Shooter that is still popular even now with fans, it's not on the scale as Knights of the Old Republic, StarCraft or Warcraft even. And when I talk about the original Knights of the Old Republic I'm talking RPG not the MMO, it did set the standard for Western Sci-Fi RPG's, the sequel was alright, nothing special but it opened up the genre which now includes Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands, Borderlands 2 and of course the Mass Effect Trilogy, not to mention a few other not so well know titles.

The Star Wars MMORPG's sucked so horribly it's not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Mass Effect 3 has a hugely successful MMO Shooter that is still popular even now with fans, it's not on the scale as Knights of the Old Republic, StarCraft or Warcraft even. And when I talk about the original Knights of the Old Republic I'm talking RPG not the MMO, it did set the standard for Western Sci-Fi RPG's, the sequel was alright, nothing special but it opened up the genre which now includes Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands, Borderlands 2 and of course the Mass Effect Trilogy, not to mention a few other not so well know titles.

The Star Wars MMORPG's sucked so horribly it's not even funny.
    Oh.. you are talking the coop that plays with Mass Effect 3. I guess I didn't really consider that to be an MMO, as its just quick "Instances" with a 4 man team. But the Mass Effect games are great.

As far as setting the standard of Sci-Fi RPG, then you've missed if you think it was anything past Wing Commander.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information