Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Browner

Default Brandon Browner

He was just reinstated by the NFL. This would be a high risk but high reward investment. He knows Seattles defense and is a big time play maker. Teams will offer him incentive based contracts because of his troubles but could help our secondary out alot!

He might still have to serve 3 or 4 games and might not have to serve at all but might also come at a bargain. Yes...one failed drug test and hes gone but what other bang for your buck can we get. Hes now a free agent.

DRC, Browner and Harris at nickle??
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Time to combine threads. I posted one a lol bit ago in FA.

Sorry, on a cell and didnt navigate to FA.

But great minds think alike!

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Exactly

Thinking a 1 year prove it deal like we did with DRC would be great. Bet Seattle retains him though if thats the case.

SF and NE could also use him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Thinking a 1 year prove it deal like we did with DRC would be great. Bet Seattle retains him though if thats the case.

SF and NE could also use him.
    Seattle cut him

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

I personally wouldn't mind seeing Browner coming here, even if he got a short-term contract for a few years, the team can set up caution clauses to protect themselves in case he violates league policy. One problem is that if he did, the league could penalize the team, especially given the number of violations which happened this past off-season, if it looks like a trend then the league may see it as such? On the other hand if he comes here and plays lights out the Broncos could have one of the better corner tandems in the league. Of course, I am of the mind that the corner position is overrated, all you need is one great corner and a few above average and average corners, as long as the defense is set elsewhere it is more likely to succeed then the latter.

Chris Harris isn't irreplaceable by any means, and thus far I've hear nothing indicating that Denver is going to place a second round tender in his offer sheet, which would indicate only Right of First Refusal but nothing more. Harris could return and the combination of Rodgers-Cromartie, Harris, Webster and another corner is just as viable, whether it's Bailey at the nickel, Carter or someone else. As long as Denver signs DRC then the corner position is of little concern to be honest. As I said, I wouldn't mind, but it may be too much of a risk versus reward move in the team's mind.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Harris didn't more than a 2nd round tender because he has a knee injury, dude is a baller.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

If we got him on the cheap for a year or two that would be fine with me. He was one of the best corners in the league in 12'.

Is this the same Browner who started his pro career in Denver?

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived tubby For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

You do realize he will probably still be suspended for a bilk of the 2014 season, right? The only reason he was reinstated was because he had a law suit against the NFL for lost wages. The NFL reinstated him so that they could avoid that mess, but speculation is that a continued suspension will be a part of the deal they work out.

Is a CB that is useless against the run worth it for an 8 game (or less) "prove it" contract?

13. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    You do realize he will probably still be suspended for a bilk of the 2014 season, right? The only reason he was reinstated was because he had a law suit against the NFL for lost wages. The NFL reinstated him so that they could avoid that mess, but speculation is that a continued suspension will be a part of the deal they work out.

Is a CB that is useless against the run worth it for an 8 game (or less) "prove it" contract?
    I didn't realize that. I thought he would be able to return this year because he was suspended the majority of the 13' season. Of course if he was slated to return Seattle would probably have kept him.

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    Is this the same Browner who started his pro career in Denver?
    Yes

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I didn't realize that. I thought he would be able to return this year because he was suspended the majority of the 13' season. Of course if he was slated to return Seattle would probably have kept him.
    It was to be for a full calendar year. But, he planned to file a suit for lost wages. Of course, on the day that was going to be filed...they reinstated him. So, speculation is they will figure out a trade off where he will still serve an significant suspension to start the year, but wont lose all of his money.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    It was to be for a full calendar year. But, he planned to file a suit for lost wages. Of course, on the day that was going to be filed...they reinstated him. So, speculation is they will figure out a trade off where he will still serve an significant suspension to start the year, but wont lose all of his money.
    Adam Schefter was speculating that Von Miller's sins were more erroneous and Browner's suspension shouldn't be longer than Von's was.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information