Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Broncos Will Take Good Look At D'Qwell Jackson

He's never gotten to play the free agent game. He has been in Cleveland his entire career and was signed to an extension before free agency hit. He may want to take the Peyton route and make sure he visits every team that has interest before he makes his decision.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    He's never gotten to play the free agent game. He has been in Cleveland his entire career and was signed to an extension before free agency hit. He may want to take the Peyton route and make sure he visits every team that has interest before he makes his decision.
    It's quite possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    DB, they haven't met him till now, they know his leadership ability, etc. that doesn't mean they know his attitude. Jake Plummer had the fire and passion that spread to his teammates, didn't make him less of an ***hole.

Its almost impossible to be a good leader with a shitty attitude for as long as Jackson was. There are some cases were team captains go off the deep end but that has never happened with Jackson as of yet. The Broncos knew this before ever bringing him in.

I have to wonder if they offered him a deal and if they did why didnt he sign it? Reason is, he wants to see what else is out there. Don't blame him but I bet the Broncos have already talked to his agent about what they are expecting contract wise.

Jacksons attitude isnt going to be a factor. If anything its going to help him.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

5. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Smart of him to do that. Minn, NE and the Bears should also be his next stops.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

I wonder if the FO feels like a MLB is a big need? Just looking back they never made a great effort in acquiring one. We are usually in nickel more than anything. I feel like we need a 3 down player just wondering if the FO feels like its as big of a need as the fan base does.

Quote Originally Posted by broncohead View Post
    I wonder if the FO feels like a MLB is a big need? Just looking back they never made a great effort in acquiring one. We are usually in nickel more than anything. I feel like we need a 3 down player just wondering if the FO feels like its as big of a need as the fan base does.
    Jackson is a 3 down player. He's not elite in coverage, but he's decent. He's an elite run stopper as well. That's why he has so much interest at the age of 30.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    J.D. Walton

Free agency starts March 11. Teams can only resign their own players at this point in time. I'm sure John Elway will get a few gems in free agency.

Jackson is a 3 down player. He's not elite in coverage, but he's decent. He's an elite run stopper as well. That's why he has so much interest at the age of 30.
    I agree but ever since Wilson left we been signing stop gap LBers and never really made a push for a true 3 down MLB. Hopefully this is the year we actually acquire or draft one.

12. The Following User High Fived broncohead For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

good-- let him take as much time as he needs. . . it'll give us a chance to see if AZ re-signs dansby, who's a far superior player to jackson. . .

Quote Originally Posted by milehigh View Post
    Free agency starts March 11. Teams can only resign their own players at this point in time.
    incorrect. . . jackson was released from his contract and does not have to pass through waivers. . . he's a free agent who is able to sign with any team at any time. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by broncohead View Post
    Well imo looking at taking a captain off the field to try a older player to get a better fit shows something.

screw him, John likes guys that are into team. This is an ass clown.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information