Thread: Broncos will have plan if Beadles moves on

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Default Broncos will have plan if Beadles moves on

Up front Beadles has started the last 62 regular season games for the Broncos and has played in every game -- 64 in the regular season as well as six playoff games -- of his career. If he leaves as expected, the Broncos would be inclined to take another look at Orlando Franklin at guard.

While Franklin has spent his time with the Broncos at right tackle, many teams believed he would be a better guard in the NFL when he was drafted in 2011. The Broncos have worked him occasionally on the inside during practice with the idea a move would be in his future.

Franklin is a power player and with Louis Vasquez at right guard, a move to the left guard spot for Franklin would give the Broncos the kind of bulk on the inside they want in front of quarterback Peyton Manning. If the Broncos are going to play as much in three-wide receiver sets as they have in Manning's two seasons behind center they have to be able to stone-wall defenses in the middle of the field

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...adles-moves-on
    Franklin to LG, Clark to RT. Like the former, not sure about the latter. Thoughts?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

I honestly like that line up better than keeping Beadles.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by broncofaninfla View Post
    I honestly like that line up better than keeping Beadles.
    Makes sense to me also although I'd prefer a veteran RT until Painter is ready for prime time. Someone like Tyson Clabo might be a decent stopgap player.

6. The Following User High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis

I'd like to acquire one or two players that could provide competition and possibly beat out one or both of them for the LG and RT positions.

8. The Following User High Fived ForgettingBrandonMarshall For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Injuries happen so they need to draft a good and versatile G-T as a plan B, particularly if Clady isn't 100% when he returns.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

10. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

I think Clark would be better at pulling than Franklin. We'll see what happens. I'm not so sure a move is in Franklin's future. IMO, they will leave him at RT.

12. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Makes sense to me also although I'd prefer a veteran RT until Painter is ready for prime time. Someone like Tyson Clabo might be a decent stopgap player.
    They won't put him out there unless they are comfortable with him. As Elway once said "It hurts as much to be hit from the front side as it does the back." That may not be an exact quote I'm pretty sure it's close.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Franklin Manny Vasquez is one strong interior but concerned about T on both sides. 300 + pounder with a lisfranc. Hope Clady can play like his old self

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

So there is truth to Franklin possibly being a Guard?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

can we change that to "when" beadles moves on?

19. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

So you're saying my Franklin-to-OG desire is not far-fetched? Who knew?

I'd still draft that T-G. There should be guys in the first or 2nd that can play RT or slide into G in case something happens to Franklin or Clark. Several of them that I would like, in fact. I also want a blocking TE to help out on the edges when necessary as well - part of our disaster in the SB was that we had no help to give outside and couldn't hold the pocket inside.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

21. The Following User High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    So you're saying my Franklin-to-OG desire is not far-fetched? Who knew?

I'd still draft that T-G. There should be guys in the first or 2nd that can play RT or slide into G in case something happens to Franklin or Clark. Several of them that I would like, in fact. I also want a blocking TE to help out on the edges when necessary as well - part of our disaster in the SB was that we had no help to give outside and couldn't hold the pocket inside.

~G
    i agree completely, but i think that may go on manning and gase more than the personnel. . . virgil green's a competent blocker, but it seems to me that manning doesn't ever want to chip with the TEs-- i think he likes having them (generally, not plural) out in the route too much. . . admittedly, i also didn't record or re-watch a single game this year, so take my opinion for what it's worth. . . it does seem to me that our O really puts the pass pro focus on the RBs more than the TEs. . .

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    can we change that to "when" beadles moves on?
    Don't jinx it!
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Why do we want a tackle that doesn't run block very well playing on the right side?

27. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

The biggest issue on the offensive line is strengthening it, not weakening it. Moving Franklin inside could be good or could be really, really bad. While everyone including me believes Clark might be competent enough to man the right, due to his ability this past season on the left...that isn't always the case, atop that the other problem could be Clady's injury, if for some reason it flares up or isn't 100% whatever the reason it would force Denver to move Clark back to the left side weakening the overall line once more, because either the Broncos will be forced to move someone to right tackle such as Franklin or forcing Painter to man the position before he is ready. Now if Painter is ready all the better, he could man the right side while Clark sits in reserve for both positions. But we have no indication of the teams plans in this regard and I still see them adding two offensive lineman in the draft no matter, unless they sign enough veteran help to overcome the need.

29. The Following User High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information