Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: McDonald's Fires Manager of Eight Years for Showing Gratitude to Firefighters

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Default McDonald's Fires Manager of Eight Years for Showing Gratitude to Firefighters

You sell garbage for food, and now we find that your upper management is garbage.

Stay classy, McDonald's.

Written story:

http://visiontoamerica.com/16861/mcd...-firefighters/

Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yea, i saw this the other day. Pretty low for a corporation to do something like this.

4. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

If you ask your boss if you can do something and he says no, you don't ask his boss. I assume that's why she got fired. Either that, or she was sleeping with the managers wife. #plottwist

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

We can start speculating on what she did and ruin the point, or we can understand
    what happened here. She paid out of her pocket. She worked for it. The money
    belonged to her. She should not have had to ask anybody whether she could pay
    for something out of her pocket.

McDonald's should be boycotted, anyway, just for serving garbage for food. But
    this is way over the line.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

I refuse to ever eat mcdonalds except for their pumpkin pies around Halloween.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    We can start speculating on what she did and ruin the point, or we can understand
    what happened here. She paid out of her pocket. She worked for it. The money
    belonged to her. She should not have had to ask anybody whether she could pay
    for something out of her pocket.

McDonald's should be boycotted, anyway, just for serving garbage for food. But
    this is way over the line.
    Speculate? The story says what she did. Going above your boss is pretty stupid. I hope she keeps her sense of charity, but learns from her experience.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    Speculate? The story says what she did. Going above your boss is pretty stupid. I hope she keeps her sense of charity, but learns from her experience.
    What is stupid is their telling her what she can do with her own money that she
    worked for and earned. Neither her boss nor her boss's boss has any right to tell
    her what she can do with her own money. I hope she sticks by her guns. That
    is all.

13. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Our country gets more screwed up by the day - seriously - they will get a lot of backlash over this and try to fix it - they dont like bad PR. I agree with top tho - I do understand she got fired for going over her managers head but regardless its her money to do with as she pleases. I dont understand why she even asked in the first place - I would have just said - its on the house guys and put the money in the drawer and moved on with my day
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived OB For This Post:

What is stupid is their telling her what she can do with her own money that she
    worked for and earned. Neither her boss nor her boss's boss has any right to tell
    her what she can do with her own money. I hope she sticks by her guns. That
    is all.
    She called her manager to see if he would pay for their food. He said no. She called corporate to see if they would. They said no.

This is bad pub for McDonalds, but the manager isn't being fired for being charitible, although the media will use that because it makes a better story.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

The FF's called to complain? WTF were they thinking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

According to her facebook post quoted in this story - http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1621013 - she got fired for swearing at and hanging up on her boss [when they refused to pay for the firefighters]. That sounds more realistic than being fired for paying out of pocket.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Two things:

1. According to the story, she did not go over the boss's head. She asked the company
    to pay for it, and when they said no, then she paid for it. It cost her a total of $153.

2. The story does not say she swore and hung up. She said she was told that she
    swore and hung up.

But the nuances of the story don't make any difference. The fact is, no matter what
    happened, the company is so cold that they fired her after she dug into HER OWN
    pocket and picked up the tab in a gesture of appreciation for the firefighters. That
    should have covered a whole lot of sins.

But I guess not. Not in this society . . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    She called her manager to see if he would pay for their food. He said no. She called corporate to see if they would. They said no.
    That's right. So then she PAID OUT OF HER OWN POCKET, HER OWN MONEY.

Wow. Just wow.

24. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Two things:

1. According to the story, she did not go over the boss's head. She asked the company
    to pay for it, and when they said no, then she paid for it. It cost her a total of $153.

2. The story does not say she swore and hung up. She said she was told that she
    swore and hung up.

But the nuances of the story don't make any difference. The fact is, no matter what
    happened, the company is so cold that they fired her after she dug into HER OWN
    pocket and picked up the tab in a gesture of appreciation for the firefighters. That
    should have covered a whole lot of sins.

But I guess not. Not in this society . . .
    The nuances of the story make all the difference in the world.

Common sense tells us that a woman isn't going to be fired for a single act of charity. If she was - then I share in your outrage...

But from what I've read - it sounds more like she was insubordinate and then tried to spin the story in her favor to drum up some sympathy.

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information