Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Free agents by position

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

I really like DRC this year, but I have to say that for comparable money, Verner is extremely appealing in that he's more willing in run support and seems dedicated to the game whereas DRC was talking of retirement prior to the Super Bowl.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    I really like DRC this year, but I have to say that for comparable money, Verner is extremely appealing in that he's more willing in run support and seems dedicated to the game whereas DRC was talking of retirement prior to the Super Bowl.
    I like him as a more complete and consistent corner. Younger, too

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I like him as a more complete and consistent corner. Younger, too
    DRC was drafted in '09 so he is still young and has played in two Super Bowls so he has a lot of experience. DRC I feel has potential to be in the same conversation as Sherman, Revis, etc. Verner does too but I still like DRC more.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

DRC is bigger and has better overall physical skills, and at least theoretically a higher ceiling. . . verner is tougher and probably more competitive. . . too bad we can't just combine them. . . i'll settle for either, though-- or vontae davis. . . as long as we come out of FA with a number one corner. . .

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    DRC is bigger and has better overall physical skills, and at least theoretically a higher ceiling. . . verner is tougher and probably more competitive. . . too bad we can't just combine them. . . i'll settle for either, though-- or vontae davis. . . as long as we come out of FA with a number one corner. . .
    I've read that Verner is just a one year wonder. Is that fair? Is that accurate? Tell us more.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I've read that Verner is just a one year wonder. Is that fair? Is that accurate? Tell us more.
    i think that's silly, since the guy has excelled in coverage back to his college days. . . ask coach, though. . .

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

i think that's silly, since the guy has excelled in coverage back to his college days. . . ask coach, though. . .
    that statement is ludicrous. He had 100 some tackles as a rookie. I just wish he were bigger. DRC is the physical specimen. There is nothing wrong with the guy. I really like him but I do have concerns about how motivated he'll be without Champ there lighting a fire under his arse. Likeable guy and like I said one of the most gifted athletes to ever play the position, but he doesn't have the fire in his belly. Davis and Verner have some nasty to them which is a big plus for me.

I gotcha. I think the one year wonder label is thrown on anyone who has one standout year, regardless of how many other good years they have had. In other words, if someone has been good for some time, but they have a great year, we act like the prior years don't matter just because we were ignorant of them.

Adopted Bronco:

People call this a breakout year because of the INT numbers. Verner is a stud. Period.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

that statement is ludicrous. He had 100 some tackles as a rookie. I just wish he were bigger. DRC is the physical specimen. There is nothing wrong with the guy. I really like him but I do have concerns about how motivated he'll be without Champ there lighting a fire under his arse. Likeable guy and like I said one of the most gifted athletes to ever play the position, but he doesn't have the fire in his belly. Davis and Verner have some nasty to them which is a big plus for me.
    I really can not remember Champ lighting anyone up that was not in another teams uniform. I did not see him as the big vocal guy, more of the quiet elder statesman that can speak quietly and get his point across.

DRC stated at one point that his improvement came from the improved coaching he received in Denver

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by luckyseven View Post
    I really can not remember Champ lighting anyone up that was not in another teams uniform. I did not see him as the big vocal guy, more of the quiet elder statesman that can speak quietly and get his point across.

DRC stated at one point that his improvement came from the improved coaching he received in Denver
    Every single player interviewed talked about losing Champ's leadership. Some leaders are vocal, others do it by their play. If you don't think having Champ with a locker next to him was motivation, then we'll have to just agree to disagree.

Every single player interviewed talked about losing Champ's leadership. Some leaders are vocal, others do it by their play. If you don't think having Champ with a locker next to him was motivation, then we'll have to just agree to disagree.
    there is a big difference between being a quiet leader and
    Champ there lighting a fire under his arse.
    there are many kinds of leadership Champ was not a in your face guy as your OP infers, I only know of one time in his career in Denver that he instigated a closed door fire and brimstone players only meeting in conjunction with a couple of other vets.. maybe there was more of them, but everything I have heard about DRCs improvement was the lack of coaching as an Eagle and the much better coaching here in Denver.

Adopted Bronco:

perry riley has re-signed with the deadskins

it is officially down to darryl smith/karlos dansby or bust at MIKE, if we were hoping to get something done in free agency. . .

also PFT is reporting that the bears will target lamarr houston-- things look about as good as can get on the jared allen front, IMO. . .

Adopted Bronco:

perry riley has re-signed with the deadskins

it is officially down to darryl smith/karlos dansby or bust at MIKE, if we were hoping to get something done in free agency. . .

also PFT is reporting that the bears will target lamarr houston-- things look about as good as can get on the jared allen front, IMO. . .
    Considering the price tags of Smith and Dansby, I'm thinking bust is the answer...unless someone else is cut

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Considering the price tags of Smith and Dansby, I'm thinking bust is the answer...unless someone else is cut
    yep, pretty much. . . in my first post in this thread, back on feb 23 i said;

we'll see, but IMO we could very well be looking at some type of camp battle between nate irving, another stopgap older vet, and probably a higher or middle-round draft pick. . .
    still looks pretty much that way to me. . . i suppose we could go after beason, but he can't really cover anymore. . .

19. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information