Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Donald

Default Aaron Donald

DT Aaron Donald- 6'1 288- You'll see the comparisons to Geno Atkins leading up to the draft. I think he's more of a Warren Sapp clone. He has the best first step of any D lineman in the country. He's constantly playing in the opponent's backfield. His plays with a nonstop motor and he plays with a chip on his shoulder. How explosive is he? He averaged 2.3 TFL per game. He dominated every offensive lineman in senior bowl practices. He plays the run and holds up double teams like a 330 pounder. He has a variety of pass rush moves, and he can flat out take over a game. This last season he had 11 sacks, 16 hurries, 28.5 TFL, 59 tackles, 2 passes batted down, 4 forced fumbles, and a blocked PAT in 13 games. He's had 63 TFL and 27.5 sacks over the last 3 seasons. He's was a 3 year starter, team captain and leader, and had no character issues that have been publicized. Denver has a chance to pick up a dynamic playmaker in the middle of the line. He's a natural fit for a 4-3 UT and can solidify a defensive line for the Broncos who have Vickerson coming off of a serious hip injury, and an even bigger question mark with Derek Wolfe's health. For those of you looking for a pass rush compliment to Von Miller, this is your guy.

I don't think anyone questions his talent, but his size will drop him in the draft, possibly to the Broncos at 31. I understand that the Broncos spent a 1st rounder on a DT last season, and a 2nd rounder the year before. Donald is an elite talent though, and well worth a first round pick. If he's there at 31, it wouldn't surprise me to hear his named called.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

I still say we go cb or s....the last two or three drafts. Have targeted cbs with our first and those guys have been taken.....

We like dre Kirkpatrick a couple years ago ( a guy I never liked)
    We loved Xavier Rhodes last year ( my man right there...I'm still bitter at Minnesota for taking him)

We need safety help now too....

But this guy you listed sounds good. If our safety or cb is gone he could be th guy.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

4. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

...is a defensive tackle.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Can't afford to miss this year. Other than his first draft, Elway has been stellar in free agency and terrible in the draft. Not a great way of building a sustaining organization.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    ...is a defensive tackle.
    .....and? You can't have enough good DT's. they are rare, get injured alot and always command monster money in free agency.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

If Donald were anything like Sapp or Atkins he'll be long gone by 31, thank God.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    If Donald were anything like Sapp or Atkins he'll be long gone by 31, thank God.
    Yeah because every great player in the NFL goes high in the first round.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Yeah because every great player in the NFL goes high in the first round.

I don't remember saying that, just that he'll be long gone if teams think he's anything like Sapp/Atkins. Unfortunately, teams will probably look at him the same as I do, pint sized with short arms, putting him dangerously close to the 31st pick.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Can't afford to miss this year. Other than his first draft, Elway has been stellar in free agency and terrible in the draft. Not a great way of building a sustaining organization.
    Terrible in the draft?
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Terrible in the draft?
    Denver had, by far, the least amount of impact from draft players by all the playoff teams this year.

Terrible is to strong of a word, but the last 2 drafts have been very disappointing, nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Denver had, by far, the least amount of impact from draft players by all the playoff teams this year.

Terrible is to strong of a word, but the last 2 drafts have been very disappointing, nonetheless.
    Yoi do realize that our first choice was playing behind two really good players, he was not expected to play much his first year. Most DTs take a few years to get up to NFL speed unless of course they are top ten picks and even then most take a while to become impact players.

This team is pretty talented and in a lot of cases GMs are drafting players to sit on the shelf and cure a while getting them ready to take the places of those UFAs that were brought in on short term contracts to fill holes. sly William is a c are in point.
    I also suspect that Vickerson played way above his skill level this third year into JDRs defensive scheme.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I would take him. He could be a huge impact player. If he can add pressure to qb from middle that will help secondary. I know second day needs help but increased pressure on qbs helps them out back there. DRC Harris and Moore back there will help out. We need a SS nickle corner. 2nd or 3rd rounders can always start too.

I believe Denver drafted Sly to be their 3tech. Sly is not built to be a NT, nor is that his skill set he's a penatrator. I highly doubt we spend a first round pick on a guy like this.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Terrible in the draft?
    People like to say stuff like this without actually looking at other team's drafts.

The last two drafts have warranted two starters (Wolfe and Trevathan), five rotational players (Williams, Ball, Webster, Hillman (?) Jackson), two incompletes (Osweiler and Smith) and nothing from five (King, Painter, Dysert, Bolden, Blake)

Seattle has three starters (Bruce Irvin, Bobby Wagner, Russell Wilson), six rotational players (Christine Michael, Luke Willson, Spencer Ware and Robert Turbin, Jeremy Lane, J.R. Sweezy), and a lot of unknowns (Jordan Hill, Chris Harper, Jesse Williams, Tharold Simon, Ryan Seymour, Ty Powell, Jared Smith, Michael Bowie, Jaye Howard, Korey Toomer, Winston Guy, Greg Scruggs).

San Francisco had a terrible 2012 draft. A.J. Jenkins has already been traded, LaMichael James isn't very good, Joe Looney, Darius Fleming, Trent Robinson and Jason Slowey have played a combined four games and Cam Johnson has played in 14 games. A little better this year. One starter in Eric Reid, three role guys in Corey Lemonier, Vance McDonald and Marcus Cooper.

Of the last four teams, the Patriots might have had the best drafts the last two years...four starters (Chandler Jones, Dont'a Hightower, Alfonzo Dennard, Tavon Wilson), and six rotational players (Jamie Collins, Aaron Dobson, Logan Ryan, Duron Harmon, Michael Buchanan, Nate Ebner), and incompletes (Josh Boyce and Jake Bequette.

Although you'd like to get more than two starters, reality is, you're getting somewhere between 2 to 5 starters every two years. If you get 6 that's probably an exceptional two drafts for your team (or you suck balls, meaning I bet the worst teams have more drafted starters from the last two years than do the top teams).
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

17. The Following 5 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I don't remember saying that, just that he'll be long gone if teams think he's anything like Sapp/Atkins. Unfortunately, teams will probably look at him the same as I do, pint sized with short arms, putting him dangerously close to the 31st pick.
    I hope you're right, because I think Elway is smart enough to look at the film over size. Obviously we have a different opinion on him. An explosive pass rusher on the inside of the Dline would do wonders for this defense.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information