Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
Results 136 to 143 of 143

Thread: HDTVs

  1. #136
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Rock of Eternity
    Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock
    Posts
    16,038

    Default

    Still, to this very day, plasma sets have an excellent visual quality. Too bad they never got to UHD.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

  2. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:


  3. #137
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    3,068

    Default

    I'm kind of on the market for a new TV.
    I think I can't go wrong with a Samsung 55" Q80A Series
    $1000-1300 Best Buy has the best price so far. I'm going to wait until January to see if they've come down in price, but definitely this one I like a lot

  4. #138
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic
    Posts
    2,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    I'm kind of on the market for a new TV.
    I think I can't go wrong with a Samsung 55" Q80A Series
    $1000-1300 Best Buy has the best price so far. I'm going to wait until January to see if they've come down in price, but definitely this one I like a lot
    I highly recommend the website linked below for detailed reviews.

    https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q80-q80a-qled

  5. #139
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    66,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    I'm kind of on the market for a new TV.
    I think I can't go wrong with a Samsung 55" Q80A Series
    $1000-1300 Best Buy has the best price so far. I'm going to wait until January to see if they've come down in price, but definitely this one I like a lot
    Often not much price difference between Samsung and Sony XBRs. Sony, LG and Samsung all make good sets.

  6. #140

    Default

    Iíve had my Vizio 55 inch tv for years now and it hasnít missed a beat. Iíd say itís great quality along with the 40 inch vizio I have as well.

  7. #141
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Exiled in So Cal
    Adopted Bronco:
    Brittany Bowlen
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Still, to this very day, plasma sets have an excellent visual quality. Too bad they never got to UHD.
    I tend to get high-end electronics at or near the end of their sales cycle because they got all the kinks out of them from the early models, and were top of the line at that time. By the time I buy them, their price has dropped so much that they are practically giving them away.

    Remember when Plasmas were a new product in the early to mid 2000’s? I remember some of them selling for $9k+ for 50-60” models! By the time their line matured in 2014, I decided it was time to get one. I bought a Samsung 60” Plasma at Costco for $790. Plasmas were discontinued by manufacturers shortly thereafter. By this time, they got all the bugs out of it, and glare is not an issue, nor is the screen-burn problem as with earlier versions.

    To your point, my HD plasma is some of the best overall picture quality out there, and I won’t even consider replacing it until a few years down the road when the latest greatest 4k UHD models or whatever are getting at the end of their product maturity, and they prove to be superior. Until then, I am very happy with my plasma.

  8. #142
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams
    Posts
    43,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    I tend to get high-end electronics at or near the end of their sales cycle because they got all the kinks out of them from the early models, and were top of the line at that time. By the time I buy them, their price has dropped so much that they are practically giving them away.

    Remember when Plasmas were a new product in the early to mid 2000’s? I remember some of them selling for $9k+ for 50-60” models! By the time their line matured in 2014, I decided it was time to get one. I bought a Samsung 60” Plasma at Costco for $790. Plasmas were discontinued by manufacturers shortly thereafter. By this time, they got all the bugs out of it, and glare is not an issue, nor is the screen-burn problem as with earlier versions.

    To your point, my HD plasma is some of the best overall picture quality out there, and I won’t even consider replacing it until a few years down the road when the latest greatest 4k UHD models or whatever are getting at the end of their product maturity, and they prove to be superior. Until then, I am very happy with my plasma.
    I agree the picture quality was terrific. Unfortunately, my 55" lost the bottom 1/2 of it's screen and couldn't be repaired. Well, it could have been, but the cost was more expensive than buying a new TV.

  9. #143
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    66,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I agree the picture quality was terrific. Unfortunately, my 55" lost the bottom 1/2 of it's screen and couldn't be repaired. Well, it could have been, but the cost was more expensive than buying a new TV.
    It was also a bad technology in terms of image retention (aka burn in).

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. HDTVs - LCD vs. Plasma
    By Shazam! in forum Technology and Electronics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 12:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group