Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 143

Thread: HDTVs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ciara
    Posts
    39,406

    Default HDTVs

    Here's what I'm thinking - LED, 1080p, 120hz, 50-55". I'm not trying to break the bank here - something in the $500-$700 range.

    I'd like to get a Samsung but I think they are going to be too expensive... So does anyone have thoughts on other brands? Sony, Vizio, LG?

  2. #2

    Default

    That's actually what I will probably do with my next tv. Right now I have a 40" lcd. IMO, Sony and Samsung are going to be very similar in price and quality. Your best bang for buck might be LG or Vizio.

  3. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:


  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Rock of Eternity
    Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock
    Posts
    16,038

    Default

    Just got a 55" LED Sanyo at Walmart for $488. With a lil research, turns out to be produced by Panasonic, and has the guts of a Viera.

    My only gripe is it has no digital optical, so I had to use standard cables.



    I have a 42" Zenith plasma that has the best picture quality, it's actually made by LG, similar to the Sanyo. They can be found at Sears as Kmart. I always wanted the 55" one...

    I think im the only person who thinks modern plasma sets offer the best picture quality. I have LED, LCD, and plasma, and I think it has the best quality.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

  5. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:


  6. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,
    Posts
    46,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Here's what I'm thinking - LED, 1080p, 120hz, 50-55". I'm not trying to break the bank here - something in the $500-$700 range.

    I'd like to get a Samsung but I think they are going to be too expensive... So does anyone have thoughts on other brands? Sony, Vizio, LG?
    Best Buy - Samsung - exactly what you want - $799.00 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/55-class-54-5-8-diag--led-1080p-120hz-hdtv/1611413.p?id=1219057058728&skuId=1611413&st=catego ryid$abcat0101001&cp=1&lp=3

    Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ciara
    Posts
    39,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Best Buy - Samsung - exactly what you want - $799.00 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/55-class-54-5-8-diag--led-1080p-120hz-hdtv/1611413.p?id=1219057058728&skuId=1611413&st=catego ryid$abcat0101001&cp=1&lp=3
    I need that to be $200 cheaper.

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,
    Posts
    46,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I need that to be $200 cheaper.

    Check these tvs at American Furniture

    http://www.afwonline.com/furniture/e...nics/led-hdtvs

    ALSO - clean out your pm box - LOL

    Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Big Sky Country
    Posts
    22,224

    Default

    Last August I bought a 46" Westinghouse from Walmart. Its only 60hrz, but 1080p LCD, tons of inputs. I was leary to buy a cheap brand, but it has been really solid. $349.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Iím the hobbit.

  10. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Last August I bought a 46" Westinghouse from Walmart. Its only 60hrz, but 1080p LCD, tons of inputs. I was leary to buy a cheap brand, but it has been really solid. $349.
    I have the 40", same thing. The quality has been great. The picture has been better than anything else I've seen in its price range.

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Big Sky Country
    Posts
    22,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I have the 40", same thing. The quality has been great. The picture has been better than anything else I've seen in its price range.
    I've been impressed. The only part of it that I thought was shitty build quality is the stand.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Iím the hobbit.

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache
    Posts
    16,486

    Default HDTVs

    LG and Sharp have some great cheaper HDTVs. I still have my 2008 Sharp Aquos and I think those have dropped in price. It's a good all around set and still looks great today. I'm holding out for the 4k TVs to drop in price before upgrading.

  13. #11

    Default

    Buff, I just bought a 50" 1080-120 for my step son as a house warming gift. Got it at Best Buy. It's a Toshiba. Has a great picture. Paid $599 for it. Don't get a 60 if you are going to watch a lot of sports. The 120 has much more catch up speed.
    Bill Williamson:

    "The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

  14. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:


  15. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sheridan, Wyomingn
    Adopted Bronco:
    Russell Wilson
    Posts
    5,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Buff, I just bought a 50" 1080-120 for my step son as a house warming gift. Got it at Best Buy. It's a Toshiba. Has a great picture. Paid $599 for it. Don't get a 60 if you are going to watch a lot of sports. The 120 has much more catch up speed.
    You might really think about a 240 refresh rate for sports.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion


  16. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    You might really think about a 240 refresh rate for sports.
    He said he wanted to spend 500-700 on a 50".
    Bill Williamson:

    "The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

  17. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris
    Posts
    10,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Buff, I just bought a 50" 1080-120 for my step son as a house warming gift. Got it at Best Buy. It's a Toshiba. Has a great picture. Paid $599 for it. Don't get a 60 if you are going to watch a lot of sports. The 120 has much more catch up speed.
    You should never ever ever ever buy ANYTHING at best buy. One of the most marked up expensive places to buy electronics. I bought a brand new Sharp aquos at Video Only for $400 less than the same thing being sold as a freaking used floor model at Best Buy.

  18. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

    WTE

  19. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams
    Posts
    43,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    You should never ever ever ever buy ANYTHING at best buy. One of the most marked up expensive places to buy electronics. I bought a brand new Sharp aquos at Video Only for $400 less than the same thing being sold as a freaking used floor model at Best Buy.
    That's a bit extreme... Did you get fired from there in the past or something?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. HDTVs - LCD vs. Plasma
    By Shazam! in forum Technology and Electronics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 12:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group