Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: HDTVs

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    You should never ever ever ever buy ANYTHING at best buy. One of the most marked up expensive places to buy electronics. I bought a brand new Sharp aquos at Video Only for $400 less than the same thing being sold as a freaking used floor model at Best Buy.
    I got it on sale and shopped around like crazy.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

2. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    You might really think about a 240 refresh rate for sports.
    He said he wanted to spend 500-700 on a 50".
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    My step Dads Samsung blows my LG away. I regret not spending the extra money.
    LG sucks. Samsung and Sharp are where it's at. Sharp Quattron = win.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    As I price things out, I'm wondering if I should get a plasma instead of an LED. Seems like I could get all the picture quality I'm looking for, for a little bit cheaper than LED. So I could get a Vizio/Toshiba/LG LED or a Samsung plasma. Is there any strong argument for not getting a plasma? I guess they aren't as energy efficient or as bright.
    Good luck if you get a Vizio. If it breaks a couple years from now, good luck finding replacement parts.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

You should never ever ever ever buy ANYTHING at best buy. One of the most marked up expensive places to buy electronics. I bought a brand new Sharp aquos at Video Only for $400 less than the same thing being sold as a freaking used floor model at Best Buy.
    I disagree. I bought my 60" Quattron at Best Buy for cheaper than I found it anywhere else in town. Best Buy will also price match. Just as well, the Best Buy employee that loaded the TV in to my car dicked up the headliner and they paid us $3500, so my TV was free.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Dude. All you have to do is do some basic price shopping on everything in the store to find out you can get a better deal somewhere else. Their markup percentages are through the roof. I am shocked they are still in business. And by the way I'd never work for what they pay.
    I'm surprised that through your extensive research you haven't found that they price match. You lose. Us smart shoppers win.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I'm surprised that through your extensive research you haven't found that they price match. You lose. Us smart shoppers win.
    Why go with a place that price matches, when this proves that they were overpriced to begin with as someone sells it for a lower price? You can keep on rewarding that behavior, I won't. Smart shopper my ass.

9. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

WTE

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

LG sucks.
    That's for sure. One of the brands across the board that salespeople will voluntarily suggest not to buy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Why go with a place that price matches, when this proves that they were overpriced to begin with as someone sells it for a lower price? You can keep on rewarding that behavior, I won't. Smart shopper my ass.
    I bought two BluRay movies at Best Buy last night and with my rewards and the $15 gift card I got last time I was there as part of my purchase I paid $1.98.

Price matching isn't always a sign of overcharging. It's a way of saying "screw the competition". They price match other people's sale prices and shit, same with Lowe's. Wanna talk about overcharging? Been to Sears lately???? And they DONT price match.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Why should they be the low cost leader if they don't have to? If people are willing to pay their price, what exactly is wrong with that? I think you're highly exaggerating what Best Buy really is for some unknown reason.

I thought you were all about capitalism.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Why should they be the low cost leader if they don't have to? If people are willing to pay their price, what exactly is wrong with that? I think you're highly exaggerating what Best Buy really is for some unknown reason.

I thought you were all about capitalism.
    I am all about capitalism. I am also about people getting the best price they can. Just advice. It is no exaggeration. I knew a guy who managed car stereo installs for them. He told me never to get the service, because they were easily the most expensive in the industry, and also told me the same thing WTE said about the cables. Their cables are marked up hundreds of percentage points higher than they buy them for. Hell. some idiots pay damn near the same price for their HDMI cables as they did their TV. I am not making up the story about the Sharp Aquos. Why in God's name would anyone want to shop at a place that is notorious for charging too much for things, and then hoping (and they are usually right) you are too stupid to know any better? They have a right to do it, and I have a right to expose it. Costco, Amazon, Target, (Walmart has good prices, but their stuff is waaay too low end) are much better options if you want actual value. And Video Only is the gold standard for getting TV's and such for the best possible price.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

I bought two BluRay movies at Best Buy last night and with my rewards and the $15 gift card I got last time I was there as part of my purchase I paid $1.98.

Price matching isn't always a sign of overcharging. It's a way of saying "screw the competition". They price match other people's sale prices and shit, same with Lowe's. Wanna talk about overcharging? Been to Sears lately???? And they DONT price match.
    Sears is a joke. I am also surprised they are still in business.

Worst store in America. And Kenmore and Craftsman products are laughable compared to past
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

16. The Following User High Fived Rex For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

They won't be much longer IMO.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Worst store in America. And Kenmore and Craftsman products are laughable compared to past
    I like the Kenmore Elite stuff. Did you know that Snap-On sells their broken metal to Craftsman who in turn melts it down to make their metal hand tools?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information