Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: HDTVs

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    I agree. I have a Sony XBR 55", 1080 - 240 with all the crap on it. That thing wasn't cheap but it is awesome!!

The Toshiba that I told Buff about is great bang for the buck though. Toshiba makes decent stuff. I have the same TV in my garage.
    Oh, and that Toshiba is an LED not an LCD.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Are you sure it's calibrated correctly?

LG's aren't crap tvs.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post

LG's aren't crap tvs.
    How do you calibrate a tv? One of my Samsung was a display, as it is the one I wanted and there were no more in stock. The picture is great, because the display models are calibrated. My other Samsung was not a display, and is not calibrated. I sure would like the picture on it to look as great as the calibrated one.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post

LG's aren't crap tvs.
    I think so. I mean I adjusted all the levels and stuff. I just chose a picture quality called vivid instead of some custom one I had made and it seems a little sharper and brighter.

I'm watching netflix using my xbox360.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Buff, I just bought a 50" 1080-120 for my step son as a house warming gift. Got it at Best Buy. It's a Toshiba. Has a great picture. Paid $599 for it. Don't get a 60 if you are going to watch a lot of sports. The 120 has much more catch up speed.
    You might really think about a 240 refresh rate for sports.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

By 'calibrate' I meant changing the settings - Brightness, contrast, sharpness, color, viewing mode, backlighting, motion sensor, econ on/off, etc etc.

That takes a little time but is worth it.

Default HDTVs

Buff I would go with the biggest 120hz Vizio that you can afford. Maybe the 240hz if it makes sense.

I've had a 46" Samsung for 2.5 year and love it. Bought it on amazon.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

As I price things out, I'm wondering if I should get a plasma instead of an LED. Seems like I could get all the picture quality I'm looking for, for a little bit cheaper than LED. So I could get a Vizio/Toshiba/LG LED or a Samsung plasma.

Is there any strong argument for not getting a plasma? I guess they aren't as energy efficient or as bright.

Default HDTVs

Plasma glare is a drawback. Montag has a 60" Samsung plasma. It's spectacular. Come to think of it, the shades were always drawn.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Buff, I just bought a 50" 1080-120 for my step son as a house warming gift. Got it at Best Buy. It's a Toshiba. Has a great picture. Paid $599 for it. Don't get a 60 if you are going to watch a lot of sports. The 120 has much more catch up speed.
    You should never ever ever ever buy ANYTHING at best buy. One of the most marked up expensive places to buy electronics. I bought a brand new Sharp aquos at Video Only for $400 less than the same thing being sold as a freaking used floor model at Best Buy.

12. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

WTE

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    As I price things out, I'm wondering if I should get a plasma instead of an LED. Seems like I could get all the picture quality I'm looking for, for a little bit cheaper than LED. So I could get a Vizio/Toshiba/LG LED or a Samsung plasma.

Is there any strong argument for not getting a plasma? I guess they aren't as energy efficient or as bright.
    Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    Plasma glare is a drawback. Montag has a 60" Samsung plasma. It's spectacular. Come to think of it, the shades were always drawn.
    Plasma is better on the black colors, but doesn't do the whites as good as LCD/LED. It's a lot heavier too, if your planning on a wall mount. Plasma's use more power as well.

My first HDTV was plasma. Loved the picture, but started having problems after a year, then the bottom half went out. I've had several LDC/LED tv's since with no problems for a lot longer.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    You should never ever ever ever buy ANYTHING at best buy. One of the most marked up expensive places to buy electronics. I bought a brand new Sharp aquos at Video Only for $400 less than the same thing being sold as a freaking used floor model at Best Buy.
    That's a bit extreme... Did you get fired from there in the past or something?

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    That's a bit extreme... Did you get fired from there in the past or something?
    Dude. All you have to do is do some basic price shopping on everything in the store to find out you can get a better deal somewhere else. Their markup percentages are through the roof. I am shocked they are still in business. And by the way I'd never work for what they pay.

16. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

WTE

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Dude. All you have to do is do some basic price shopping on everything in the store to find out you can get a better deal somewhere else. Their markup percentages are through the roof. I am shocked they are still in business. And by the way I'd never work for what they pay.
    He's right about Best Buy. They suck. They're all about the highest profit margins and trying to sell you extended warranties and over-priced cables. And their customer service is horrible b/c they're constantly in meetings training their sales staff how to sell extended warranties and over-priced cables.

18. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Plasma ROCKS.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information