Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Derek's Last Season

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Go DJ that's my DJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Welp. That's what I get.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

It's ok Mo. Many have made the same mistake

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

I prolly just jinxed them

Adopted Bronco:

Forecast for Thursday in NY is 3 inches of rain. Might be kind of funny to see Jeter's last home game get rained out. Especially considering how much money people are paying for tickets to the game.

6. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Forecast for Thursday in NY is 3 inches of rain. Might be kind of funny to see Jeter's last home game get rained out. Especially considering how much money people are paying for tickets to the game.
    Even mother nature loves Derek Jeter

I will admit - I cried - like cried, cried - in the beginning, at the end and when i re-watched it

Love you Captain Re2pect!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Thank God we don't have to hear this shit anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Thank God we don't have to hear this shit anymore.
    I agree. These year long retirement tours are ******* ridiculous. Everyone should retire like Helton did. He got one day at the park devoted to him and he didn't look comfortable with even that. He was gracious and thankful but I got the impression he didn't like the attention. I took my son to that game it was his last game at Coors field, Todd hit a HR it was pretty badass.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I agree. These year long retirement tours are ******* ridiculous. Everyone should retire like Helton did. He got one day at the park devoted to him and he didn't look comfortable with even that. He was gracious and thankful but I got the impression he didn't like the attention. I took my son to that game it was his last game at Coors field, Todd hit a HR it was pretty badass.
    I understand the sentiments that you hold. I enjoyed the Jeter retirement, though, as it felt fitting for that kind of guy to go out that way. He's a Yankee, everything about the Yankees are aggrandized. It would have felt strange to see Jeter go out the way Helton did. This of course does not mean that you are wrong because you're distinguishing what things should be like from how things are. In a way, huge retirements are a sort of hubris in the sense that the game existed before, and will exist after, the player departs. Maybe in some cases the hubris falls more on the fanbase and media than the actual player itself.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I understand the sentiments that you hold. I enjoyed the Jeter retirement, though, as it felt fitting for that kind of guy to go out that way. He's a Yankee, everything about the Yankees are aggrandized. It would have felt strange to see Jeter go out the way Helton did. This of course does not mean that you are wrong because you're distinguishing what things should be like from how things are. In a way, huge retirements are a sort of hubris in the sense that the game existed before, and will exist after, the player departs. Maybe in some cases the hubris falls more on the fanbase and media than the actual player itself.
    I put no blame whatsoever on Jeter himself. I don't believe he orchestrated any of this. The only culpability he has is in his early announcement of his retirement. He had to know this was coming after the Chipper Jones retirement tour.

BTW remember when Chipper was slaying so much ass that he had to use the "I'm a sex addict, it's a desease" excuse? That was pimp.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

15. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information