Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek's Last Season

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I've got nothing against Jeter. He always seemed like a classy dude. I haven't really followed baseball in about 8 years so I could have missed something I suppose.

I do remember hearing a story about parting gifts for his one night stands. Pretty funny.
    Herpes?

2. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I'm indifferent to Jeter.

Brady is still a fag, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Couldn't you make the same argument about Tom Brady? Come on man, get out of here with that rationality.
    Tom Brady is ugly. Derek is hotness personified
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

I hate the Yankees but respect Derek Jeter.

I also heard that he would send chicks he hooked up with home with a parting souvenir gift... That is arrogantly awesome if true.

How awesome would that be. Get to have sex with Jeter and an autographed baseball or maybe rookie card. Man o man.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420 View Post
    How awesome would that be. Get to have sex with Jeter and an autographed baseball or maybe rookie card. Man o man.
    Sounds like a pretty shitty night to me.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Sounds like a pretty shitty night to me.
    Pun intended

Adopted Bronco:

Craig Biggio was a better player. But I guess he had the disadvantage of playing on a team with a budget, so the lack of rings keeps him out.

If Jeter put up his numbers with the Astros the last 20 years, he'd be a borderline HoF'er.

11. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Craig Biggio was a better player. But I guess he had the disadvantage of playing on a team with a budget, so the lack of rings keeps him out.

If Jeter put up his numbers with the Astros the last 20 years, he'd be a borderline HoF'er.
    3k hits is not a borderline Hall of Famer.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    3k hits is not a borderline Hall of Famer.
    Yet Biggio did not go in this year.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Yet Biggio did not go in this year.
    It does not mean that Biggio didn't get screwed, yet it's not enough to say that the golden rule of 3k hits being an auto include is broken. It's an overreaction from a jaded fan who loves complaining about salaries and spending in baseball. If Jeter were an Oriole Coach would be screaming for him to get in. Since he's a Yankee he wants to disparage him. This is the way of the baseball threads.

It does not mean that Biggio didn't get screwed, yet it's not enough to say that the golden rule of 3k hits being an auto include is broken. It's an overreaction from a jaded fan who loves complaining about salaries and spending in baseball. If Jeter were an Oriole Coach would be screaming for him to get in. Since he's a Yankee he wants to disparage him. This is the way of the baseball threads.
    4256 hits aren't enough to get in.

16. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

There is a lot of ridiculous assuming going on in this post, so let me be clear. Because he's a Yankee, I've probably seen him play more often than any fan of a team outside of the AL East. So, I got to see more than just the SportsCenter highlight stuff that the average fan in places like...Cincinnati. But I really dont even need to use that fact to prove that he was a singles hitter with average range that played 20 years on the most expensive teams in baseball history. Stats prove that for me. Like I said...put Biggio in Jeter's place for the last 20 years and he'd be in the Hall already. Or let me use a Cincinnati reference. Barry Larkin was easily a better player than Jeter...and it took him 3 years to get in.

In Jeter's 20 years, he never had to carry a losing team. His entire career he has been in a line-up surrounded by the best and highest players in the game. In a MLB player polls over the last 5 years, Jeter was consistently voted one of the top 3 overrated players by his peers. You put him on any other team in any other city over the last 20 years and his face isnt plastered everywhere and cameras dont follow him. Give him 20 years in the lineups the Orioles had over that time span and he doesnt get 700+ plate appearances per season, probably doesnt get 3000 hits and is what he is...a good player.

Which brings me back to my original comment that has been grossly twisted since then...Jeter is a good player that is overrated due to where he played and the teams he played on and even if he put up the same numbers on any other team, he would be a 3rd or 4th ballot HoF at best.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Biggio was a better player. I don't really see a legit argument against that.

So much butthurt. Essentially your stance refuses to acknowledge that yes, while he was on the Yankees, he's one of the most prolific and heralded postseason players ever. Coach. He had a lot of huge moments in the playoffs, he had a good to great glove, he has 3k hits. I'll always remember him being the one to get his team back in it mentally against the Red Sox when it looked like Boston was going to get to the World Series. What about the flip play against the A's in 2003?

Look, it's this simple, and I know for those who are inclined to bash the Yankees it's going to irritate them, but 3k hits, plus rings, plus huge postseason player, plus being one of the best players at your position for most of your career, plus being your team's leader, it's going to give you a shot to be a first ballot HoFer.
    Last edited by Poet; 02-14-2014 at 12:30 PM.

Adopted Bronco:

So much butthurt.
    It has nothing to do with butthurt. I'm giving valid information to explain my stance. There is no whining or bitching here...just discussion over the validity of Jeter's career. If you disagree, then come to the table with something to back it up and save the name calling cop outs for another thread.

If you can prove that my points about Jeter...or anyone else in this situation are completely void of fact and legitimacy, please do so.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information