Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: LeBron: I'll be among greatest

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Sounds like some butthurt going on here. lol
    Not really. I just find it funny that people hate LeBron for his "ego" when pretty much all great NBA players have big egos.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Not really. I just find it funny that people hate LeBron for his "ego" when pretty much all great NBA players have big egos.
    Guess some players are easier to hate than others.

3. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Guess some players are easier to hate than others.
    Guess so. I find guys like Kobe and Dwight Howard infinitely more hatable, but I guess we all view players different ways.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I don't understand why people dislike James as much as they do. He's not a thug. He doesn't show people up. Is probably the most gifted player to ever step on a court. Married his high-school sweetheart and appears to be a family man. Has never been in trouble with the law. Doesn't really flaunt his celebrity.

Nike's idea for "The Decision" must be what it is, because I can't figure it out.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

definitely Ron Artest. I wish one of the fans could have clocked him good when he was in the stands acting like he was Godzilla.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I don't understand why people dislike James as much as they do. He's not a thug. He doesn't show people up. Is probably the most gifted player to ever step on a court. Married his high-school sweetheart and appears to be a family man. Has never been in trouble with the law. Doesn't really flaunt his celebrity.

Nike's idea for "The Decision" must be what it is, because I can't figure it out.
    The decision is definitely what it is. He seemed to be pretty well liked in Cleveland. People's reaction to LeBron over the decision is one of the biggest overreactions I have ever seen from sports fans. There are athletes who have done way worse yet are much more well liked by fans in general. I really don't get it.

Honestly, I think it just became really trendy to hate LeBron after the decision, so many of the people who jumped on that trend at the time are still clinging onto it.

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

If this were a football discussion, it would be different. I guess it's okay in basketball since everyone is taught to think they're the best. Do you think Peyton would say he will be among the greats when he retires? No. He's humble, it's why so many people like him. That's fine if you don't care one way or the other. There's nothing wrong with people having their own opinions.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    There's nothing wrong with people having their own opinions.
    Why do people default to this line when people disagree with them? Get over yourself. No one is saying you can't have your own opinions, we are just giving OUR opinions as to why we disagree with yours.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post

Why do people default to this line when people disagree with them? Get over yourself. No one is saying you can't have your own opinions, we are just giving OUR opinions as to why we disagree with yours.
    No. You're not. When someone starts saying another person's opinion is only "because it's popular to hate on X player", then that's more than simply disagreeing. I would expect you to know the difference.

And don't tell me to get over myself you ******* ****. Dzone was right. Same old BTBitch.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    No. You're not. When someone starts saying another person's opinion is only "because it's popular to hate on X player", then that's more than simply disagreeing. I would expect you to know the difference.

And don't tell me to get over myself you ******* ****. Dzone was right. Same old BTBitch.
    All I said is that I think that is, in general, a big reason he is still so hated. I did not single anyone in this thread out to hate him for that reason.

Like I said, get over yourself.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information