Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrance Knighton wants more money.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Default Terrance Knighton wants more money.

Yet another reason why it's so difficult to get back to a Super Bowl. So many players want more money after it.

From Brandon Krisztal on Twitter:

A source close to #Broncos DT Terrance Knighton told me he & his reps feel he's outperformed his contract & seeks a new deal

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

He's probably right.

4. The Following 15 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    He's probably right.
    He's definitely right. We're probably going to lose some quality guys this offseason. Just not enough money to go around.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    He's definitely right. We're probably going to lose some quality guys this offseason. Just not enough money to go around.
    I think we just have to be smart about it and we'll be fine

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

my response to some of these guys would be, " don't ask for a raise til you win one"!!! they should take a pay cut for sucking so bad.

9. The Following User High Fived vettesplus For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vettesplus View Post
    my response to some of these guys would be, " don't ask for a raise til you win one"!!! they should take a pay cut for sucking so bad.
    Knighton didn't suck. The O-line sucked, and the offense in general.

11. The Following User High Fived 7DnBrnc53 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Knighton was far from sucking this year. Hard to argue paying the man more money.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by vettesplus View Post
    Then you would be left wondering where all the talent on your team went and why you are out of a GM job. But at least you could say you stuck by your guns!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Too bad - he's not getting a new deal before this year - especially given that he was only on a two year contract anyway. General Managers dream of signing free agent defensive tackles and having them outperform their deal.

15. The Following 8 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

While I agree that he is right in the sense he outplayed his contract, I'm not one for rewarding players for ONE year of excellence. If he had been worth this much before this season, he would have been offered and signed to a better deal.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

While he did perform very well, he was one team away from no NFL career. Perform well for 2 years and you'll get your deal.

19. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Terrance Knighton is due a little over 2.5 million this upcoming year and he's entering his 6th Season. 2013 wasn't his best year statistically, it's his second best though.

Compared to the likes of Marcell Dareus, Nick Fairley, Ndamukong Suh, Kyle Williams, Ahtyba Rubin, Geno Atkins, Randy Starks, Haloti Ngata and so forth, his stats are more akin to second tier defensive tackles not elite, he's more or less in the same category as Domata Peko, Phil Taylor, Stephen Paea and the like. His current salary is comparable to his peers that are comparable to his output. I don't believe he's worth 6 million plus a season like Randy Starks and company. I do believe that Denver would be smart to lock him down for the next three to four years due to his production throughout his career and youth, when you look at his stats he's only had one unproductive year and he's arguably the best defensive tackle the Broncos have had since Pryce moved inside and better then those who manned the middle during our back-to-back Super Bowl Championships of the late 90's.

The Broncos would be smart to give him a contract extension that boosted his base to about 3 mil with more incentives and bonuses.

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I don't see Elway giving him a new deal this year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    While he did perform very well, he was one team away from no NFL career. Perform well for 2 years and you'll get your deal.
    That is untrue GEM, he was benched in 2012 due to his behavior, even then he was productive, the year before he was hampered by injury and it was statistically his worst season since being drafted. He's been a starter for most of his career and has been about on even keel in overall production. As I pointed out above, he is literally the best interior lineman the Broncos have had on defense in what, three decades? And his stats support that - I'm not saying to pay him 8 million a season, he's not elite, but he is above average and that is something Denver is not use to, we're all use to below average.

24. The Following User High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Terrance Knighton is due a little over 2.5 million this upcoming year and he's entering his 6th Season. 2013 wasn't his best year statistically, it's his second best though.

Compared to the likes of Marcell Dareus, Nick Fairley, Ndamukong Suh, Kyle Williams, Ahtyba Rubin, Geno Atkins, Randy Starks, Haloti Ngata and so forth, his stats are more akin to second tier defensive tackles not elite, he's more or less in the same category as Domata Peko, Phil Taylor, Stephen Paea and the like. His current salary is comparable to his peers that are comparable to his output. I don't believe he's worth 6 million plus a season like Randy Starks and company. I do believe that Denver would be smart to lock him down for the next three to four years due to his production throughout his career and youth, when you look at his stats he's only had one unproductive year and he's arguably the best defensive tackle the Broncos have had since Pryce moved inside and better then those who manned the middle during our back-to-back Super Bowl Championships of the late 90's.

The Broncos would be smart to give him a contract extension that boosted his base to about 3 mil with more incentives and bonuses.
    Knighton has always struggled with his weight. Jacksonville wasn't really trying to keep him. I worry about paying a guy after one good year - especially someone who has struggled to stay in shape.

26. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information