Thread: DRC Should Be Broncos Top Priority

1. Default DRC Should Be Broncos Top Priority

The Denver Broncos have a number of free agent players than need to be re-signed this offseason. Starting left tackle Zane Beadles, starting defensive end Shaun Phillips, and linebacker Wesley Woodyard are a few of those players. None of those players are as important cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. All of these players played vital roles on the Broncos roster this season, but Rodgers-Cromartie is at the top of the league at his position.

After a very solid first two years in Arizona, Rodgers-Cromartie decided to sign as a free agent in Philadelphia. His productivity took a major hit. After having 10 interceptions in his first two years in the NFL, he had only three in the two seasons he was at Philly.

DRC was a free agent after the 2012 season and decided, once again, he would change teams. The Broncos took a chance on the struggling corner with a one year five million dollar contract.

He did not disappoint, the 27 year old was ranked as the fourth best corner in the NFL according to PFF.

He was targeted 68 times allowed only 30 receptions for 453 yards four touchdowns and had three interceptions. Quarterbacks had only a 67.8 rating when targeting DRC, which was one of the best among corners. He was allowing a reception ever 15.7 coverage snaps played, which was third best among corners...CONTINUE READING
    Your multimedia hub for Denver sports including, TV, radio, web, and social platforms. It all comes together at BSNDenver.com

2. The Following User High Fived BSN Denver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

What team were you watching where Zane Beadles was the left tackle? Agreed DRC is our top free agent priority.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Points for writing "re-sign" instead of "resign" (a peeve of mine,) but not much else. Yes, DRC should be our top priority and yes, we should sign him to a long lucrative deal (it's probably the only way we CAN re-sign him, because he probably knows he can get $30-40 million to retire elsewhere; his agent surely does.) Yet—no offense (really)—it's kind of stating the obvious.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    What team were you watching where Zane Beadles was the left tackle? Agreed DRC is our top free agent priority.
    It's the Brandon Spam-O Network. Accuracy is often a missing element.

I left a comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    It's the Brandon Spam-O Network. Accuracy is often a missing element.

Can you elaborate?
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Nevermind. Just saw Beadles at LT. Lol
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Nevermind. Just saw Beadles at LT. Lol
    Well, that ought to be enough. Maybe they took my wish that Beadles had Clarks strength and Clark had Beadles' agility a little too seriously?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information