Thread: Inside The Numbers: Time To Lock Up Danny Trevathan Long Term

1. Default Inside The Numbers: Time To Lock Up Danny Trevathan Long Term

Danny Trevathan is one of the lowest paid starters for the Denver Broncos. Trevathan, who was a sixth round draft pick out of Kentucky in 2012, made only $506,000 in 2013. He was the 10th lowest paid player on the roster, and the third lowest paid starter. His four year $2.2 million contract has only $100,000 in guaranteed money. That doesn’t mean he isn’t productive or worth the big bucks. His money to production ratio is by far the highest on the team.

Trevathan, who was primarily used only on passing downs, had limited playing time his rookie year. In 2012 he played only 243 snaps, recorded only 28 tackles, and had one sack. Of his 243 snaps 147 of them were in coverage, as he was used mainly in the nickel package, or to sub in for Keith Brooking.

His rookie year in coverage was a shaky one. He allowed 17 catches, off of 25 targets, for 178 yards, one touchdown, and quarterbacks had a rating of 101.8 when targeting him. The biggest game of his rookie season was against Oakland in week 14 where he had four tackles and two stops; a stop is any solo defensive tackle that constitutes an offensive failure.

Danny Travathan was named a full time starter as the weak side linebacker prior to the 2013 season. He led the team, and was 11th in the entire NFL, in tackles with 128. Danny would also add two sacks and three quarterback hits to his 2013 stat line. His team high 50 defensive stops, was 11 more than anyone else on the team. On top of all that, he was second to only Chris Harris, in play count...CONTINUE READING
    Your multimedia hub for Denver sports including, TV, radio, web, and social platforms. It all comes together at BSNDenver.com

Adopted Bronco:

No argument here. Kid is a stud

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Meh.

I could take or leave our entire LB corps outside of Miller.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I agree they should lock him up long term.

Trevathan was a stud this year. Our OLBs have to work even harder when there isnt a true MLB though. He will look even better with that and a healthy Von.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Aside from Trevathan which I'm happy about, what do we make of Nate Irving? Is he what we thought he was? I just never hear anything of him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    Aside from Trevathan which I'm happy about, what do we make of Nate Irving? Is he what we thought he was? I just never hear anything of him.
    Irving played well when called upon. He should get another chance to win mike position.

I Trevathan looked really good at the end of the season...athletic and stout.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Denver has other FA's to worry about before they get to Travathon, his time will come though cause he's definitely a core player imo.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information