Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Demaryius played most of the SB with a separated shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    He really showed toughness throughout the playoffs. I love the way he played against SD, too.

Love Bey Bey.
    One of the things that really showed how fast Seattle's defense was when DT a couple times didn't take the little WR screen straight up field, but instead tried to make a lateral move for a big gain, and was immediately swarmed. He was clearly not used to that level of speed on defenders covering Broncos screen passes.

2. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Default Whatever the cause, DT was far more physical far more successfully with a separated shoulder than 5 healthy linemen were

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Idiotic statement alert.

Idiotic statement alert.
    As noted in the other thread: Okay, fine, our linemen were fully prepared mentally and emotionally; Seattles front four is just a LOT better than them. There, I feel SO much better about playing them next year, since the Best Offense EVAH doesn't need to fix what isn't broken. There's no way around it; pick (at least) one:

1) Seattles 4 defensive linemen so TOTALLY outclass our 5 offensive linemen in strength, agility and speed, we need better offensive linemen to hope ANY more games against them go any better than the last two; turns out preseason was pretty darned indicative of the Super Bowl OR

2) If our offensive linemen CAN physically match a Seattle offensive line they outnumber (by 50% if a RB/TE stays in to block) we need to find out wtf they haven't even come CLOSE in TWO tries.

Don't say it's just Cladys injury either: They blew holes ALL OVER our line ALL NIGHT; he plays ONE end. This can't be handwaved unless we're content to be humiliated while the world watches.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    As noted in the other thread: Okay, fine, our linemen were fully prepared mentally and emotionally; Seattles front four is just a LOT better than them. There, I feel SO much better about playing them next year, since the Best Offense EVAH doesn't need to fix what isn't broken. There's no way around it; pick (at least) one:

1) Seattles 4 defensive linemen so TOTALLY outclass our 5 offensive linemen in strength, agility and speed, we need better offensive linemen to hope ANY more games against them go any better than the last two; turns out preseason was pretty darned indicative of the Super Bowl OR

2) If our offensive linemen CAN physically match a Seattle offensive line they outnumber (by 50% if a RB/TE stays in to block) we need to find out wtf they haven't even come CLOSE in TWO tries.

Don't say it's just Cladys injury either: They blew holes ALL OVER our line ALL NIGHT; he plays ONE end. This can't be handwaved unless we're content to be humiliated while the world watches.
    Joel, the Seahawks defense is phenomenal. They blew holes in everyone's offensive line. Manning has been able to make that awful pieced together offensive line work because of his audibles and intellect. When that was countered by Seattle, as Carol has pointed out several times, his ability to do that was castrated. Will Denver have to look at it's line? Probably, but they were going to do that, at least in my opinion, anyway.

5. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

I know you are prone to outrageous hyperbole, which is probably because you need something to fill up those epic tomes you call posts, but when you post something as ridiculous as "especially with how completely most of the offense gave up at the coin toss" then I feel an obligation to respond with a PSA of "Idiotic Statement Alert."

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Joel, the Seahawks defense is phenomenal. They blew holes in everyone's offensive line. Manning has been able to make that awful pieced together offensive line work because of his audibles and intellect. When that was countered by Seattle, as Carol has pointed out several times, his ability to do that was castrated. Will Denver have to look at it's line? Probably, but they were going to do that, at least in my opinion, anyway.
    Exactly. I've mentioned previously, online and offline to friends, that Manning's quick release and keeping defenses off balance with his play calling and antics has made this line look better than it really is in terms of preventing pressure/sacks.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Exactly. I've mentioned previously, online and offline to friends, that Manning's quick release and keeping defenses off balance with his play calling and antics has made this line look better than it really is in terms of preventing pressure/sacks.
    Maybe we disagree less than I thought. Many people are basically saying, "We don't need to change ANYTHING on the line except get Clady healthy, because it's a great line; Seattle's just that much better." If that's the FOs view, people saying that should save it in a file so it'll be handy the NEXT time we play Seattle and they need to repeat it at after yet another demolition job.

If that's not YOUR view, I apologize for wrongly imputing it to you. It's just annoying people act content to be the Washington Generals just for the privilege of being the Globetrotters' bitch.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Default Richard Sherman may think he's smarter than Manning AND BELICHICK, but no one else does

I sure hope they were; I don't think they moved Garland from (IIRC) DT to OG just because we had too many good DTs, and they signed Vasquez for a reason, too. Shermans preening about turning Manning into a rookie 6th rounder who locks onto his first receiver, looks no one off and has transparent signals is just more of his typical self-aggrandizing: The reason what Manning usually does didn't work is he had NO time after the snap to DO it. Some of that was press coverage making him hold the ball longer, but most of it was perpetual cave ins all over the line.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

This explains everything.

I sure hope they were; I don't think they moved Garland from (IIRC) DT to OG just because we had too many good DTs, and they signed Vasquez for a reason, too. Shermans preening about turning Manning into a rookie 6th rounder who locks onto his first receiver, looks no one off and has transparent signals is just more of his typical self-aggrandizing: The reason what Manning usually does didn't work is he had NO time after the snap to DO it. Some of that was press coverage making him hold the ball longer, but most of it was perpetual cave ins all over the line.
    The reports said that the Hawks were able to jump several routes, Joel. They weren't saying that they completely stopped him from throwing the ball. I don't understand your stance. Also, when they were figuring out where the ball was going, it wasn't always just a jumped route. Often times it was hitting the wideout almost immediately which resulted in the low yardage on the given play. Degrees of separation is a phrase that I know you are cognizant of.

Maybe we disagree less than I thought. Many people are basically saying, "We don't need to change ANYTHING on the line except get Clady healthy, because it's a great line; Seattle's just that much better." If that's the FOs view, people saying that should save it in a file so it'll be handy the NEXT time we play Seattle and they need to repeat it at after yet another demolition job.

If that's not YOUR view, I apologize for wrongly imputing it to you. It's just annoying people act content to be the Washington Generals just for the privilege of being the Globetrotters' bitch.
    I've posted multiple times since Sunday that both tackles need to be upgraded. Hopefully, LT is upgraded with a healthy Clady returning. When it comes to RT, what I said was that I didn't know how he graded out, but to my eyes Franklin gets beat far too often, especially on speed rushes. Some are suggesting Franklin be moved to LG. I don't have much of an opinion on that, but I do think we need better pass protection on the right side.

The reports said that the Hawks were able to jump several routes, Joel. They weren't saying that they completely stopped him from throwing the ball. I don't understand your stance. Also, when they were figuring out where the ball was going, it wasn't always just a jumped route. Often times it was hitting the wideout almost immediately which resulted in the low yardage on the given play. Degrees of separation is a phrase that I know you are cognizant of.
    Sure, but it's easier to jump routes when it MUST hit the FIRST wideout immediately to avoid a sack. All Sherman said amounts to is "we figured out Mannings hot reads," Yeah, no kidding: Welker or DT. Congrats to Dick Sherman for figuring out what everyone who watched our offense this year figured out after a couple drives; all that film study really paid off for him.

I've posted multiple times since Sunday that both tackles need to be upgraded. Hopefully, LT is upgraded with a healthy Clady returning. When it comes to RT, what I said was that I didn't know how he graded out, but to my eyes Franklin gets beat far too often, especially on speed rushes. Some are suggesting Franklin be moved to LG. I don't have much of an opinion on that, but I do think we need better pass protection on the right side.
    I must've just missed those statements then, or they got lost in the flood of the others and my annoyance at them; my fault either way, so my apologies, and I'll be more attentive in future. If anything, it sounds like I may have MORE faith in Franklin (though if so, it's not by much; he needed two full seasons to win me over fully, but just one awful game to tear all that down again.) I'm dubious of suggestions he takes Beadles' spot because I want an All Pro, and that means a draft pick or money, not trying to convert a big failed tackle.

Substantially upgrade Beadles and Franklin though and I WOULD tend to agree we'll be fine once Clady's healthy. Still not sure of Ramirez, but I was (thankfully) pretty blitzed by halftime and couldn't bear to watch that game again, so I'm not really sure how well he did/n't do after the safety. That's not on him for not hearing the signal calls, but on someone else for not using a silent count and doing SB practices with simulated crowd noise. He wasn't perfect in the regular season, but for his first year in a new position he was pretty good.

Anyway, point is, if we're in agreement on big improvements to RT and LG, we're pretty much in complete agreement on the line, and THAT would win us a SB against Seattle or ANYONE, IMHO.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information