Thread: Broncos Get Smoked In Super Bowl, Lose 43-8

1. Default Broncos Get Smoked In Super Bowl, Lose 43-8

The Broncos have now lost an NFL most five Super Bowls. Playing in their first Super Bowl in 15 years, the Broncos were humiliated in front of 100 million people on Sunday. There were very few, if any, bright spots for Denver in this football game.

The game started off with a miscommunication between Manny Ramirez and Peyton Manning resulting in a bad snap. The play would end in a safety giving Seattle a two point lead 12 seconds into the game, and the ball back. Seattle would get into the red zone, but would end up only getting a field goal. Not so bad, right? It’s only a five point deficit, and should be easy to shake off.

Denver’s next drive was pitiful - a quick three and out. After a punt by Colquitt, Seattle gets the ball, drives down field, but once again stalls in the red zone. After all of this it’s still only a one score game! Denver fans should have been ecstatic that the score wasn’t 16-0.

Denver’s next drive is almost as bad as their first. A short gain on first down, a fumble, luckily recovered by Denver on second down, and then Peyton Manning throwing an interception on third down. Seattle would get the ball with great field position and begin to march down the field yet again.

They would get to the red zone, and before stalling again, Tony Carter was flagged for pass interference in the end zone giving Seattle the ball on the one yard line. Marshawn Lynch would score a touchdown two plays later and the route was on.

The Broncos would record their first first down of the game on their next possession and moving into the second quarter, they would get 49 yards into Seattle territory and finally give fans a reason to believe that they could compete.

It's just then, that Cliff Avril hits Manning, causing a botched pass that would eventually end up in the hands of Malcolm Smith, who would return it 69 yards for a touchdown. Denver’s final drive of the first half would be a decent one, except it ended in no points. They went 48 yards down the field but failed to convert on a fourth and two, sending them into halftime scoreless for the first time all season.

Denver displayed one of the worst first halves of football anyone has ever seen. The Broncos would have two (basically three if you include the safety) turnovers in the first half. Both of the turnovers would result in points for the Seattle Seahawks and with 22 points being the largest deficit the Broncos had seen all season, the likelihood of them coming back was abysmal - and it was only halftime.

The second half would be much of the same. It started with a pooch kick by Matt Prater that Percy Harvin would return, off the bounce, for an 87 yard touchdown. It was quickly becoming one of the most lopsided Super Bowls in recent memory...CONTINUE READING
    Your multimedia hub for Denver sports including, TV, radio, web, and social platforms. It all comes together at BSNDenver.com

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Yes, I've heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

GEM, WTE

Though the sheer volume of unemployed liberal arts graduates made it likely one willing to work for food inhabited the nearest street corner, the author would continue to need a copy editor.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

5. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Seahawks won by 35 last night. The previous 6 Super Bowls were decided by a total of 34 points combined.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Default superbowl loss

Broncos have some holes to fix and I'm sure they will get better.....but we have a short window to work with.....can somebody please tell me what would be the immediate need....imo I think a running back with world class speed...and then the best available lineman....regarding the most .sb losses....I can think of a few teams who would gladly trade places with the broncos organization....next year we win ....take it to the bank!
    Last edited by chicagocharlie; 02-03-2014 at 08:56 PM.

This was Brandon Spanos personal message to all Broncos fans last night. For those of you who don't know he is a Chiefs fan, much like how Cecil Lammey is a Steelers fan. Both of these guys are good at what they do and give unbiased opinions usually. Anyhow this cheered me up a bit after reading this.

I have to get this off my chest....... I can't believe what some of you fans are saying right now. First off, only about half of you posted anything Broncos related prior to the AFC Championship game. Second, do you know how difficult it is to go to a Super Bowl? Only two out of 32 teams get to go. It's next to impossible to get there. Nothing but disrespect for the team now?

I've been a Chiefs fan my entire life. Fandome is a little different for me now because I cover the game for a living and have to remain completely unbiased but I still watch every Chiefs game. I still love my team.

In my lifetime (I'm 31 years old) I can literally remember only one PLAYOFF win. Just one. And that one came when I was 11 years old. Its been 20 years since my team has won a playoff game and it has never changed the way I look at them.

Meanwhile, the Broncos have won a plethora of playoff games and been to three Super Bowls and four AFC Championship games in the same time period.

You guys watched the greatest offensive output in NFL history and playoff domination and it means nothing. Your team went to its SEVENTH Super Bowl in franchise history. And after losing the biggest game in the world, all you can talk about is how much they suck?

It makes no sense Broncos fans. You're spoiled. There are other markets that would do ANYTHING to be apart of a season like this. Be grateful that you were able to witness an amazing piece of NFL history first hand.

Who knows, there might just be a time when you are wishing your team would just win a playoff game... or even make the playoffs.

Be happy. Be supportive. Those guys busted their ass this year and I can yell you first hand that Denver fans mean a lot to them. Its the NFL, one bad game and you're done. Their worst one came on the biggest stage but what can anybody tell you? Lol. What's a Chargers, or a Raiders, or even one of us Chiefs fans gonna say to you? Nothing that makes sense, because we can't.

Congratulations Broncos fans. You had a great season. One of the best ever recorded.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chicagocharlie View Post
    Broncos have some holes to fix and I'm sure they will get better.....but we have a short window to work with.....can somebody please tell me what would be the immediate need....imo I think a running back with world class speed...and then the best available lineman....
    Many thought Hillman would be the answer for the burner type RB. However he fumbles and sucks! I think our OL is fine but going on IR didnt help. I would be ok with drafting another RB late. We missed the mark on not taking Eddie Lacy.....we really missed that one. Ball is good but Lacy could have carried the whole load.

Default Our offensive line's NOT fine

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Many thought Hillman would be the answer for the burner type RB. However he fumbles and sucks! I think our OL is fine but going on IR didnt help. I would be ok with drafting another RB late. We missed the mark on not taking Eddie Lacy.....we really missed that one. Ball is good but Lacy could have carried the whole load.
    Manning and Moreno often make our linemen look better than they are, but the best ones all year were Vasquez and Franklin on the right followed by Ramirez in the middle. So what happened? Ramirez gives us a safety on the first scrimmage play, and the Seahawks defensive line collapses our right all night long. And our left. It looked like a sandlot game where the defense forgot to count Mississippis/alligators. It only took TWO carries and 45 yds for Harvin to be the SBs leading rusher, and Denvers inability to run pretty much told Seattle what we'd do instead.

Draft whoever you want as your burner out of the backfield, but unless it's Barry Sanders or Earl Campbell he won't do any better with THAT kind of "run blocking" (and I use the term loosely.) That means Manning and our WRs will still have to do it all alone, which is fine against teams like Oakland, but when we run into one with a 'roid-raging pass rush and secondary it gets ugly fast, especially since we run a timing offense and our WRs won't fight through jams even though they're built to do so.

Getting Clady back will help immeasurably if he's 100%, but won't make Beadles any more capable of line surge nor less prone to letting guys into our backfield (sorry, tripping doesn't actually count as blocking.) I've seen many people suggest moving Clark to Franklins spot on the right, but fail to see how replacing a poor RT with a poor LT is an improvement. Franklin got schooled Sunday, but for the most part he's had a pretty good year; far better than Clarks. Maybe we need an upgrade at RT, but Clark's the opposite of that.

It may be time to draft a new starting OT (again.) Clady's getting neither younger nor healthier, and if we end up moving Franklin to guard we'll need another tackle anyway (NOT Clark.) IF Franklin turned out to be a decent guard, Vasquez is a good one, so we'd be set there for a while, bringing in another stud tackle to play opposite Clady would take care of that position and I still think Ramirez is GENERALLY an adequate if unspectacular center. Fix that line that's been a problem all season and both our running and passing will dramatically improve.

People keep forgetting that "skill" players can't do jack without a solid wall of pretty skilled guys in front of them leading the way. The Broncos made me a fan because they were one of the few teams that understood that, but since Shanny left I no longer understand the Broncos. There are FIVE offensive linemen, not two, who must do more than pass block, so teams must occasionally invest top picks and/or money in a quality guard. We're lucky SD cut lose Vasquez, but if our best solution at LG is Beadles or a failed RT, that's just more failure, not a solution.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Thank You for posting this! I agree with what was said! Go Broncos!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

I fart

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    I fart
    Sneakers, did you fap enough at half time?
    In Elway We Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Brought to you by the "Captain Obvious/Day Late and a Dollar Short Network"...
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    This was Brandon Spanos personal message to all Broncos fans last night. For those of you who don't know he is a Chiefs fan, much like how Cecil Lammey is a Steelers fan. Both of these guys are good at what they do and give unbiased opinions usually. Anyhow this cheered me up a bit after reading this.

I have to get this off my chest....... I can't believe what some of you fans are saying right now. First off, only about half of you posted anything Broncos related prior to the AFC Championship game. Second, do you know how difficult it is to go to a Super Bowl? Only two out of 32 teams get to go. It's next to impossible to get there. Nothing but disrespect for the team now?

I've been a Chiefs fan my entire life. Fandome is a little different for me now because I cover the game for a living and have to remain completely unbiased but I still watch every Chiefs game. I still love my team.

In my lifetime (I'm 31 years old) I can literally remember only one PLAYOFF win. Just one. And that one came when I was 11 years old. Its been 20 years since my team has won a playoff game and it has never changed the way I look at them.

Meanwhile, the Broncos have won a plethora of playoff games and been to three Super Bowls and four AFC Championship games in the same time period.

You guys watched the greatest offensive output in NFL history and playoff domination and it means nothing. Your team went to its SEVENTH Super Bowl in franchise history. And after losing the biggest game in the world, all you can talk about is how much they suck?

It makes no sense Broncos fans. You're spoiled. There are other markets that would do ANYTHING to be apart of a season like this. Be grateful that you were able to witness an amazing piece of NFL history first hand.

Who knows, there might just be a time when you are wishing your team would just win a playoff game... or even make the playoffs.

Be happy. Be supportive. Those guys busted their ass this year and I can yell you first hand that Denver fans mean a lot to them. Its the NFL, one bad game and you're done. Their worst one came on the biggest stage but what can anybody tell you? Lol. What's a Chargers, or a Raiders, or even one of us Chiefs fans gonna say to you? Nothing that makes sense, because we can't.

Congratulations Broncos fans. You had a great season. One of the best ever recorded.
    Content with losses creates an atmosphere that is ok with losing. Hence...the Chiefs. Sorry, had to go there.

Spano, really? I mean really?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information