Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2014 Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Default MLB 2014 Thread

Pitchers and catchers report in 11 days for the Royals.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

PECOTA came out today.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Spring Training TV broadcasts begin on Feb. 26 on MLBTV.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'm not overly optimistic, but GO ROCKIES!
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Tanaka chartered a Boeing 787 to get to Spring Training.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ple-and-a-dog/

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I love Zack Geinke

"I would say there is absolutely zero excitement for it. There just isn't any excitement to it," Greinke told ESPNLosAngeles.com. "I can't think of one reason to be excited for it."
    You know most of the players feel this way.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/s...alia-officials

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I love Zack Geinke

You know most of the players feel this way.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/s...alia-officials
    As a player, I think I'd be a little pissed. If it was treated like a vacation (Pro-Bowl type of thing), then I could understand. But the team is going to have a severely shortened spring training because of this. If L.A. doesnt jump out of the gate fast...this will loom over their heads.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

You see Brett Gardner's contract Coach?

He doesn't seem like he's worth that, but what do I know?

Adopted Bronco:

You see Brett Gardner's contract Coach?

He doesn't seem like he's worth that, but what do I know?
    I always thought Gardner was one of those guys that was going to break out and have a huge year. But at age 30...is that going to happen? He'll always have a decent OBP and steal a bunch of bases, but 13 mil a year for a speed guy seems reasonable if you are the Yankees, Sox or Dodgers. It's a luxury a team like that can afford. The bonus is that it's one more contract they'll be tied to with a player in his mid 30's

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I REALLY like how the Braves are building and signing their players. Let McCann, the aging catcher go, and then sign the young guys, Freeman, Kimbrel, Simmons, Teheran. They now have full control of them through arbitration years, and can let them go when they hit 30 and the Yankees/Sox/Dodgers want to overpay them for declining years.

Adopted Bronco:

I REALLY like how the Braves are building and signing their players. Let McCann, the aging catcher go, and then sign the young guys, Freeman, Kimbrel, Simmons, Teheran. They now have full control of them through arbitration years, and can let them go when they hit 30 and the Yankees/Sox/Dodgers want to overpay them for declining years.
    It's the old John Hart method. He did the same with the Indians in the 90's with Lofton, Baerga, Ramirez, etc. Oddly enough...he's now a consultant with the Braves. It's a much better idea than signing 28-31 year olds to 8-10 year deals at 20+ mil a year. Primary reason Chris Davis will be traded next off-season or in 2015. If he stays at his current course, Boras will get him 8 years somewhere. I want nothing to do with 8-10 years on ANY player. Yes...even Trout.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Longoria got seven at, I think 24. I think that's a safe deal, as would a Trout 7 year deal. If the Angels do it in the next year or so.

Adopted Bronco:
    I don't need to adopt, my son is a future Bronco ;)

Fantasy Baseball: While I was deployed to Afghanistan, I had to take a break from Fantasy Baseball because I couldn't access anything while I was out there. I've been back for two seasons and I STILL feel like I'm way out of the loop on everything since I left. I commish my own league with a unique set of stats for both batters & pitchers. Our draft is in the middle of March... anyone have any advise as to who I should look for early?

Stat categories consist of:

Batters:
    Offense: Avg, HRs, RBIs, Steals, Doubles, Triples, Cycle, Walks
    Defense: Errors, Assists, Putouts, Double-Plays

Pitching: Wins, ERA, Strikeouts, Hit into Double Play, Pick-offs, Holds, Saves, Quality Starts

I'm sure I left out a couple but off the top of my head, those are it.

I picked up Miguel Cabrera with my first pick last season, but my pitching couldn't get me over the hump. I just still feel lost about MLB nowadays when before 2011, I was on top of it all.

Adopted Bronco:

Longoria got seven at, I think 24. I think that's a safe deal, as would a Trout 7 year deal. If the Angels do it in the next year or so.
    I can see where that would be a bonus with young players, but it could also bite them in the ass. Imagine giving Trout 7 years at 20 mil and he flames out...or has a significant injury. I know it's less likely with a younger guy than with a 31 year old, but the length still scares me.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information