Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2014 Thread

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    Considering who the winners of the last 8 world series are, it wouldn't be a surprise.
    Well...we are on pace to face Detroit. The one playoff team we absolutely suck against. Odds are slim Pittsburgh goes very far as well.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Maddon is a good manager, but Epstein pulled a complete dick move. Must have learned that in Boston.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Maddon is a good manager, but Epstein pulled a complete dick move. Must have learned that in Boston.
    It's not gonna matter. I don't believe in curses, except the ones that involve Billy Goats.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

If you're trying to rattle me it is not going to work. I never cared for that smug little dick Theo w/ his stupid cell phone glued to his ear.

Chicago can have him.

Name:  epstein.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  14.8 KB

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

13yr $325million dollar deal.......damn

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Insane. Seriously. When I'll this end. It's retarded.
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    13yr $325million dollar deal.......damn
    Couldn't happen to a nicer guy though. I've seen a ton of interviews with Stanton and he seems like a great guy. I hate when he comes to Coors though.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I don't follow baseball enough to know names other than a few on the Mariners, but I saw it at halftime on ESPN and thought "damn".

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

It baffles my mind that in a sport with guaranteed contracts teams are willing to pay that long of a contract.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

11. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

It baffles my mind that in a sport with guaranteed contracts teams are willing to pay that long of a contract.
    Agreed. But...this is the stuff that can save the small to mid market teams. Miami locking up Stanton like that keeps him away from the Yankees, Sox and Dodgers for a long time. Other teams can do similar stuff with their young players and then the big spenders are left to throw ridiculous contracts at players when they are past their prime or to their own developed talent. Let's be honest...if Stanton hit the free agent market...there is a total of 3-4 teams that could actually bother picking up the phone to call his agent. So I think stuff like this and the deals that locked up Trout, Freeman, Simmons, etc will help keep a balance. Let the Yankees overpay for 36 year olds.

13. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Agreed. But...this is the stuff that can save the small to mid market teams. Miami locking up Stanton like that keeps him away from the Yankees, Sox and Dodgers for a long time. Other teams can do similar stuff with their young players and then the big spenders are left to throw ridiculous contracts at players when they are past their prime or to their own developed talent. Let's be honest...if Stanton hit the free agent market...there is a total of 3-4 teams that could actually bother picking up the phone to call his agent. So I think stuff like this and the deals that locked up Trout, Freeman, Simmons, etc will help keep a balance. Let the Yankees overpay for 36 year olds.
    But this overlooks the fact that the Marlins have still basically overpaid for an aging guy in the 2nd half of this deal... So yes, in the first half of the deal it's beneficial, but will probably damage the team longterm. So I don't see it as a salvation at all - it's a system that makes it very hard for small and mid market teams to remain competitive. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

But this overlooks the fact that the Marlins have still basically overpaid for an aging guy in the 2nd half of this deal...
    Stanton will opt out after the 6th year and won't ever see the 2nd half of this deal. He will get sick of losing. The dispassionate fans still won't show up and Loria will eventually trade all the decent players around Stanton when they become too expensive.

I'd rather pay Stanton 500 million than give Russel Martin 80!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I'd rather pay Stanton 500 million than give Russel Martin 80!
    Toronto has to overpay to attract FA's. Plus, I think the tax rate is much higher in Canada but you should know that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Stanton will opt out after the 6th year and won't ever see the 2nd half of this deal. He will get sick of losing. The dispassionate fans still won't show up and Loria will eventually trade all the decent players around Stanton when they become too expensive.
    Orr, his production will decline as it always does for aging power hitters, and the prospect of getting $25 million/yr for the next 7-8 years will be like stealing.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information