Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2014 Thread

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    is this the mad dog from sirius-xm? that guy is impossible to listen to
    One in the same

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I agreed with what he was saying actually. The new emphasis on the catch for a force out rule, which says you have to transfer the ball successfully from the glove to your hand for it to be a "catch." It's ridiculous. But he was just yelling at the top of his lungs, and it was almost in audible.

BTW, that new emphasis is just horrible. There was a force last night, I think maybe in the Mets game, where the catcher caught the ball, with his foot on home plate, grabbed the ball out of his glove, cocked it and then the ball fell out of his hand. The runner coming to home was called safe. It's ridiculous.
    I agree...it has gone to ridiculous lengths. The blocking the plate rule hasnt been perfect either. Watching a Pirates-Cubs game last week, the throw home lead the catcher into the base path and they called the runner safe because the catcher impeded him. The only other option is to let the ball go to the backstop while the runners advance.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Mike Trout.

Doing work. Down 2, one on, bottom of the ninth.

Big fly.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Mike Trout.

Doing work. Down 2, one on, bottom of the ninth.

Big fly.
    yep, he just doesn't want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    yep, he just doesn't want it.
    Trollolololol
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Lol

A.) Oliver Perez is still pitching.
    B.) He's adopted a Nuke LaLoosh delivery.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'm really glad Harang didn't complete his no-hitter tonight. He had 6 walks when he had the no-no though 7. I don't find that all that impressive. I remember when Ubaldo had one for the Rockies but had like 7 walks with it. I would take a 1-hit no-walk performance over that any day, but that one doesn't go into the record books.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Brewers-Pirates LOL.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Albert hit 499 and 500 tonight (yesterday for everyone else). Needs more attention.

Jayson Stark:

The .300/.400/500/.600 Club

This is one of my favorite sets of numbers, because it provides us with one of the most exalted group of hitters who ever lived. You need:
    .300 batting average or better.
    .400 on-base percentage or better.
    500 home runs or more.
    .600 slugging percentage or better.

Now here are the three men in history who get to hang out in this clubhouse:
    Ted Williams .344/.482/521/.634
    Babe Ruth .342/.474/714/.690
    Jimmie Foxx .325/.428/534/.609

And that's all, folks. Ever heard of them?

Well, the truth is that Albert doesn't quite make that cut. But only by one-thousandth of a percentage point. Here's his personal slash line: .321/.409/500/.599.

Uh, that'll still work. Because here's the thing: Even if we lowered the slugging percentage cutoff to below .600, to whatever The Pujols Line is at any given moment, there would still just be those three men and Albert.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Jose Fernandez is just nasty.

First inning against the Braves tonight:
    97-99 mph four-seamer with movement that rises up and inside to lefties, and sinks away from them low.
    91 mph something, can't tell if this is a change up or a two-seamer.
    Hard slurve/curve that breaks about 8-9 inches and he can go back door with it on command.
    Looping curve that drops about a foot, if not more.

That's just devastating stuff.

12. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

gz to albert.

Who saw Holliday steal that home run?

I traded that Puig guy from LA for Adam Jones of Baltimore.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    I traded that Puig guy from LA for Adam Jones of Baltimore.
    I like that trade without looking at any numbers.

I like that trade without looking at any numbers.
    Adam Jones shows up to games.

He's also listed as roughly the 6th best OF, while Puig is around 11th. My buddy is Dodgers fan. That's pretty much it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    Adam Jones shows up to games.

He's also listed as roughly the 6th best OF, while Puig is around 11th. My buddy is Dodgers fan. That's pretty much it.
    That only happened at the first home game of the year, didn't it?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information