Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2014 Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by artie_dale View Post
    Fantasy Baseball: While I was deployed to Afghanistan, I had to take a break from Fantasy Baseball because I couldn't access anything while I was out there. I've been back for two seasons and I STILL feel like I'm way out of the loop on everything since I left. I commish my own league with a unique set of stats for both batters & pitchers. Our draft is in the middle of March... anyone have any advise as to who I should look for early?

Stat categories consist of:

Batters:
    Offense: Avg, HRs, RBIs, Steals, Doubles, Triples, Cycle, Walks
    Defense: Errors, Assists, Putouts, Double-Plays

Pitching: Wins, ERA, Strikeouts, Hit into Double Play, Pick-offs, Holds, Saves, Quality Starts

I'm sure I left out a couple but off the top of my head, those are it.

I picked up Miguel Cabrera with my first pick last season, but my pitching couldn't get me over the hump. I just still feel lost about MLB nowadays when before 2011, I was on top of it all.
    Why would you have pick offs and cycles as categories. Wouldn't you end up in ties almost every week in those categories. And if you got one there's virtually no way to beat it for that week, and no real strategy to either category.

Anyway, depending on wear you're drafting I'm looking at high average-high doubles hitters and going from there.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Why would you have pick offs and cycles as categories. Wouldn't you end up in ties almost every week in those categories. And if you got one there's virtually no way to beat it for that week, and no real strategy to either category.

Anyway, depending on wear you're drafting I'm looking at high average-high doubles hitters and going from there.
    Define "high average". The only doubles leaders to bat over .310 last year were Cano, Trout and Mauer.

If you want a .290 hitter with a ton of doubles and great defense, then Machado or Lowrie are guys to look at. Or a big doubles guy with lots of HR's, then someone like Davis, Longoria, Ortiz.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Define "high average". The only doubles leaders to bat over .310 last year were Cano, Trout and Mauer.

If you want a .290 hitter with a ton of doubles and great defense, then Machado or Lowrie are guys to look at. Or a big doubles guy with lots of HR's, then someone like Davis, Longoria, Ortiz.
    That's exactly who I'd being looking at with my first pick too. I'd probably go with the high homer-lower average guy in the 2nd, and depending on how the draft is going take a pitcher in round 3 (but don't reach for one, that would be only if no one has gone pitcher yet). So top tier guys like Kershaw and Verlander. After that I'd probably go OBP from there until I've got a decent portion of my lineup filled. I just would want to get a high doubles guy yearly if that's a category.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

That's exactly who I'd being looking at with my first pick too. I'd probably go with the high homer-lower average guy in the 2nd, and depending on how the draft is going take a pitcher in round 3 (but don't reach for one, that would be only if no one has gone pitcher yet). So top tier guys like Kershaw and Verlander. After that I'd probably go OBP from there until I've got a decent portion of my lineup filled. I just would want to get a high doubles guy yearly if that's a category.
    I think Cano's doubles go up at SafeCo...while his homers go down. Do contracts talks distract a 22 year old in L.A.? Mauer could see a bump in production while moving to first base. Trout seems like the best overall option when you combine all stats, but unless you have the top pick, you can forget about him

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Anyone see Reddick's two catches today?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Trevor Bauer had a rough start to his season. Walked Billy Hamilton, and Hamilton promptly stole second and took third because the catcher rushed his throw to second. Then Bauer walked Phillips, but got Phillips and Votto out on a strike 'em out throw 'em out that was ugly.

Trevor Bauer had a rough start to his season. Walked Billy Hamilton, and Hamilton promptly stole second and took third because the catcher rushed his throw to second. Then Bauer walked Phillips, but got Phillips and Votto out on a strike 'em out throw 'em out that was ugly.
    My, you don't say.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    My, you don't say.
    Oh, but I do say.

Oh, but I do say.
    That's good stuf......~snore~ Mo ~snore~ ZZZZzzzzzz

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That's good stuf......~snore~ Mo ~snore~ ZZZZzzzzzz
    I like to discuss anything baseball, not just Red Sox, so kindly move along, sir.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Lol, I turn the channel for 15 minutes and the White Sox gave up nine runs in the first...and there's still only one out.

Lol, I turn the channel for 15 minutes and the White Sox gave up nine runs in the first...and there's still only one out.
    Speaking of the Central Division, former Central Division star Grady Sizemore is looking good in his comeback with Boston.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Speaking of the Central Division, former Central Division star Grady Sizemore is looking good in his comeback with Boston.
    Did he strain his mangina yet?

Damn

Cincinnati Reds closer Aroldis Chapman was struck in the face by a line drive off the bat of Royals catcher Salvador Perez on Wednesday night and was taken by cart off the field by paramedics, but did not lose consciousness.

Chapman suffered a laceration and contusion above his left eye, according to the Reds, narrowly averting what could have been a far more serious injury.

The Cactus League game at Surprise Stadium was canceled after the incident, which came in the bottom of the sixth inning. Chapman was put on a backboard and taken off the field onto a cart by paramedics.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...elled/6638029/

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    I'm glad he seems to be okay. That dude is one of the best things going in MLB right now. So fun to watch.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information