Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Where do we go from here?

Be back next year

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Sorry tned I'm just crushed. I want nothing more than to celebrate a SB champ with my son.

My mom died the year we won the SB. I let this shit get to me too much.

This loss hurts.
    So am I. I take this shit WAY to seriously, and live and die a bit with every win or loss, so playoff and worse SB losses are crushing. This is right up there, maybe worse, than the WAS and SF losses.

That said, while we are all frustrated, we have to maintain a little perspective and dignity. Shit, I've got people slamming me on Twitter for your tirade at Manning. So, I'm getting shit from Twitter followers, an emo in the lounge, and all I want to do is cry in my beer over an embarrassing Broncos loss.

Anyway, I get the frustration, but sometimes you need to pull back and lick your wounds before declaring your not a fan of the team anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I'm not too mad. More disgusted at the players. For me, heartbreak is laying it all on the line and coming up short. When the team doesn't even bother to show up, it's hard for me to get too upset. You weren't prepared, got your ass kicked, and deserved it. I'm going on vacation tomorrow either way.
    A little simplistic view. Before addressing that, maybe you can give Chaz some advice on the futility of declaring one to no longer be a fan when times are dark and you are frustrated as a fan.

Anyway, to say the guys didn't show up is silly. Clearly the team was playing as good as they could, but were overmatched in every phase by Seattle. Take the Holliday punt return that he fielded only about a yard in the endzone, and he was still met at the 15 yard line. This defense and special teams unit is FAST and play about as sound as you can.

Our defense on the other hand is decimated by injuries and it's amazing they played as good as they did down the stretch being dealt one major injury after the other.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Sorry tned I'm just crushed. I want nothing more than to celebrate a SB champ with my son.

This loss hurts.
    nut up, bucko-- life ain't all swimmin' with the dolphins. . . remember, little junior learns from how you take a loss, too. . .

as for the OP, we stay the course as much as the salary cap allows. . . play out the string with manning as long as he wants to, continue to build the defense, and hope our depth doesn't get so badly ravished by injuries next year. . .

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

This loss hurts.
    All people deal with this shit differently and for this very reason, everybody has a different story to tell. You owe us nothing.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

7. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    A little simplistic view. Before addressing that, maybe you can give Chaz some advice on the futility of declaring one to no longer be a fan when times are dark and you are frustrated as a fan.

Anyway, to say the guys didn't show up is silly. Clearly the team was playing as good as they could, but were overmatched in every phase by Seattle. Take the Holliday punt return that he fielded only about a yard in the endzone, and he was still met at the 15 yard line. This defense and special teams unit is FAST and play about as sound as you can.

Our defense on the other hand is decimated by injuries and it's amazing they played as good as they did down the stretch being dealt one major injury after the other.
    The advice I would give a fan like that is to enjoy your life and the things you can control, and stop wrapping your world and emotions into something you have 0 control over.

9. The Following 6 Users High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Anderson :(

Whatever, it means something to be a strong fan. My son just cried and that's fine, hes competitive and loves his sports teams. I told him go take it out on his next football game on Thursday.

The advice I would give a fan like that is to enjoy your life and the things you can control, and stop wrapping your world and emotions into something you have 0 control over.
    And, I'm sure you would add if you hadn't just watched the crushing defeat, don't stay stupid, ass, crap about turning in your fan card, because if you don't actually do it, then it's just pretty friggin embarrassing.

Besides the part you left off, you are dead on correct. That's all any of us can do, take the heart loss, but realize that it's out of our control, so don't get too down about it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    nut up, bucko-- life ain't all swimmin' with the dolphins. . . remember, little junior learns from how you take a loss, too. . .

as for the OP, we stay the course as much as the salary cap allows. . . play out the string with manning as long as he wants to, continue to build the defense, and hope our depth doesn't get so badly ravished by injuries next year. . .
    I know brother. Trust me, right now n I'm telling my boy all about how you m I St endure pain before you celebrate greatness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    All people deal with this shit differently and for this very reason, everybody has a different story to tell. You owe us nothing.
    I've gotta keep my son from becoming me.

13. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Considering the Broncos record in the big game, I've learned to detach myself emotionally in these moments. So, where do we go from here?

Work tomorrow, apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

15. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I know brother. Trust me, right now n I'm telling my boy all about how you m I St endure pain before you celebrate greatness.

I've gotta keep my son from becoming me.
    Hehe. Good luck with that, you dream of your kids being the best of you and the best of your wife all rolled into one but then the credits roll and you realize that life isn't a Disney movie.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

17. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

More physical (and mean) in the trenches...that's all.

Certainly easier said than done, but that's what'll need to happen to hoist that Lombardi again...

19. The Following User High Fived Broncolingus For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

In a practical sense, here's where we go from here:

1) Retirements. Anyone bowing out with this as their final game? Champ? Peyton? DRC?
    2) Getting under the next salary cap deadline. Anyone get franchised? DRC? Decker? Who gets released? Who leaves in free agency?
    3) Free agent signings. Where can we upgrade or fill holes caused by free agency? Any trades?
    4) The draft. We'll be 31st but good organizations find good players even drafting that low.
    5) Getting injured guys ready for training camp.
    6) Starting a new season where we are going to get the NFC West as part of our schedule so a revenge match against the Seahawks will likely come early, just as it did with the Ravens last year.

These are all decisions for the front office to make. Making it to the Super Bowl has probably allowed us to keep our coaching staff largely intact because other teams grew impatient waiting for Gase and Del Rio to become available. That continuity should be a plus.

As long as we hitch our wagon to Manning, we will be in "win now" mode. There will be no such thing as a rebuilding year until he retires. We're still AFC Champs and, given the setbacks we had to overcome, that's a heck of an accomplishment. We might have overachieved this year but this offseason is a chance to get even better in 2014.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

People saying they are turning in their fan cards don't really mean it. They are just caught up in the emotion.

This wasn't just a loss, it was an embarrassment. The team didn't even show up to play. The #1 offensive in history only scores 8 points in the biggest game of their lives? What a joke. From the coaches to the players, a total freaking joke. I could have taken a loss in a close game, hell we could have lost by two or more touchdowns if it felt like the players were actually trying and not scared to death.

This is two years in a row that we have not only lost, but that they were two terribly embarrassing losses. Ones a fluke, two is starting a trend. People who are NOT raging pissed at this organization right now should have their heads checked.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I agree, it's just a game and they'll get paid and go on vacation. Just as my wife and I get ready for her 6 month deployment, we get frustrated and know they ain't shit we can do, but chin up and prepare. Though she retires when she gets back....we control that

I will say that let the folks vent and say things, it's not hurting anything. It's not like they can make changes to the team.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information