Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread *Super Bowl XLVIII Edition*: Broncos vs Seahawks 02/02/14

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Anderson :(

I love my Broncos but this is the most embarrassing game Ive seen since SFO. I can remember being a kid at my grandparents house and just feeling like we were being toyed with. This was worse in some ways, as I thought we were going to win. Instead Im afraid it may have cemented what my NE friends have said all along; Manning is a choke artist when it matters most and Fox is too conservative. Did we do one trick play to change things up? Did we stretch their defense? Did we even look ready to play?

It was likely game over long before but when we punted from the 40 down 4 scores, it showed the coaches had even given up on winning and instead wanted to hold down the margin of defeat. Now THAT is ******* embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    This team isn't wining anything without Manning,
    I don't think they win the SB with him though. Not saying that they are better off without him, but he is just a different player in the post season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Peyton's live press conference on line

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...8-c559871becd8

I found the press conference late, but Peyton said that it was so noisy that Manny could not hear the snap count.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Defense gave up in the second half, but it was already 29-0 at that point, and 16 of those weren't on the D.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

30 teams were worse. Can you imagine if all 31 blew it up. It would be interesting, though.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    They havent won a ******* thing with Manning... Come to think about it, manning hasnt really won anything without the broncos either
    I'm not sure if your serious. Manning has a SuperBowl without the Broncos so he clearly has won something. Also, in the last 2 years, Denver has not only equaled the total number of divisional championships since ELway retired in the 13 years before that, and also surpased total playoff wins. If we want to be that picky, we can kick Manning to the curb, and basically go through the next 15 years with a grand total of 2 playoff vicotries and 2 divisional championships.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

We can trade Miller for a first rounder and a starter, maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I don't think they win the SB with him though. Not saying that they are better off without him, but he is just a different player in the post season.
    I think at this point I would still take Manning and hope fr the best. If we take him out of the equation we could conceivably go another 15 years with less than desired play. Just think, 2 years ago at this time we were thanking god for Tim Tebow of all people.

Among all the grief, let's not forget the good news here. By passing up a FG on their next to last possession, Seattle spared the Broncos the notoriety of being on the short end of the second-worst ass-kicking in SB history, if I remember correctly.

I keep thinking about the coaching, and how ill prepared we were. I know we like the screen pass but Seattle defends that well and we threw at least one every drive. When should we have realized it wasn't working?

13. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I think at this point I would still take Manning and hope fr the best. If we take him out of the equation we could conceivably go another 15 years with less than desired play. Just think, 2 years ago at this time we were thanking god for Tim Tebow of all people.
    No, they have to stick with him. He keeps them competitive and in the playoffs. But, the Broncos have to move forward addressing what will make this team competitive without him. That means trimming some fat on offense, IMO.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I keep thinking about the coaching, and how ill prepared we were. I know we like the screen pass but Seattle defends that well and we threw at least one every drive. When should we have realized it wasn't working?
    I would question Manning as well, perhaps he folded under the pressure and resorted to the dumpoffs

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

hope the fan police dont come on here and start telling people how they should be reacting to this loss...

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    hope the fan police dont come on here and start telling people how they should be reacting to this loss...
    Colorado has run out of weed at the moment

19. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information