Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread *Super Bowl XLVIII Edition*: Broncos vs Seahawks 02/02/14

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

This is it, it's gonna be a good one!

KICK SOME SEAHAWK ASS!

2. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    It's so finely balanced, it should be a nail-biter or a blowout. The strengths and weaknesses of both teams so perfectly offset each other they could go blow for blow into late rounds. Yet with two such massive entities so evenly balanced, even the slightest early tilt could turn it into a rout as the beneficiary pours it on and doesn't let it up, in the way of football teams.

I hope it's not too obvious to say I think it's down to both lines for both teams. Except for DT (where we're dangerously depleted) our D's of the fast-but-small variety: They fly to the ball in swarms, but they can't sprint nonstop for 3½ hours, and with just 3 DTs and 4 DEs for the game, we don't have depth for it. They MUST get off the field fast, while the offense MUST give them time to rest and reduce injury opportunities, else the end of the first quarter will the last time we EVER have two ready DTs on the field.

So we need long balanced drives like the 7:00 14 play drive to end the AFCCGs first half: Lots of big runs AND passes, so NE was just guessing by the end; after three hard runs from the 11 gave us 1st and G they were so gassed they couldn't have stopped the TD pass even if they HAD guessed right. Sadly, Seattles D is much tougher than New Englands, but softer against the run than the pass, and even average running will make the pass rush slow down to honor play action, possibly even draw Chancellor down to thin the coverage.

Clark needs a career day, because he's been either awesome or awful every game, never average. He was so solid his first month DeMarcus Ware finally gave up and started going at Franklin on the other side, but around the bye gave up three strip-sacks in as many games, all of which gave opponents easy scores. According to USAToday, HALF our league low 20 sacks were on Clark, who was called for several holds in the AFCCG, had a few more the refs missed and let his man grab Mannings off arm on what should've been a wide open 3rd down TD.

Beadles needs an equally exceptional day in the run game. He must provide good line surge against a stout Mebane, and can't afford to open holes the WRONG DIRECTION so Moreno and Ball must break multiple tackles just to reach the line. On our first AFCCG drive, Beadles pulled to lead block and wound up shoving the shoulder of a defender already handily blocked by someone else—and a LB raced untouched behind Beadles to drop Moreno for -5 and cut the drive short. Pancaking much smaller safeties 20 yds downfield doesn't help after the tackle.

Our right's stout, but our lefts best hope may be Ramirez helping Beadles double team Mebane on runs and Beadles helping Clark inside on passes, so he can focus on making sure Clemons and Avril (who have 15.5 sacks between them) don't get around him to Manning. They'll be faster on turf, and quick agile rushers have been more of a problem than bull rushers
    for Clark; I wish he had the nimbleness of Beadles and Beadles had his strength. Or that Clady were healthy.

That's the best thing we can do for our D though, and they'll need the help, since sorely undermanned. They'd be hard pressed to play a full normal game anyway, but with Seattle built to pound the rock on long drives they could wear down quick. It may be tempting to try lighting up Seattle early and neutralize Lynch, but long grinding drives could do the same thing even better if they still produced points and helped Seattle kill the clock they'd need to rally.

Seattle's just not built to score fast or often, and if we help them kill the clock so they only get five or six drives it's hard to imagine them breaking 20 pts. If we're UP 20 at the start of the fourth, whether it's from runs, passes or three Holliday TD returns is irrelevant: Lynch is a non-factor regardless. And if we don't make our top ten run D play 20:00/half, they should be able to slow Lynch enough to win, even if I don't think we can stop him cold.

That won't be enough by itself though; Seattle's allowed to pass, too. They don't LIKE it, but averaged more per attempt this year than anyone but Philly, even slightly more than our record-setting passing attack. We'll need a big game from Phillips and at least one other pass rusher, be it Jackson, Ayers, Mincey or whomever. We've played enough dual threats well enough I feel good about our LBs clogging Wilsons running lanes most of the game, but even if we get a big late lead, that's only half the battle: We'll have to FINALLY play Prevent well.

Again, the best way to ensure our D handles that is to not make them do it much. If we can beat Seattle at their own game and just not give the ball back if we get it halfway through the fourth, well, it won't matter how much our D has left. The best argument for that is that it's not the all-or-nothing approach just bombing away from the start can be; we can NOT afford three-and-outs that let them grind into our D for 7:00 and 7 pts, so our third possession finds us down 14-0 with 5:00 left in the first half.

I freely admit I don't feel great about our chances, yet part of that's just because I don't want to be crushed if I expect but don't GET a win. It's a very winnable game for both teams, though Seattle has most of the edges. Our one true big edge is that they're the second youngest team in SB history, and NO ONE (not even Carroll) has been to a SB before, while we have a grand total of FOUR players who have, plus our head coach and DC. It's just possible Seattle's not ready for the biggest stage,
    globally broadcast live, and will crack if we take a double digit lead early.

Yet I won't count on it, so prefer to beat them at their own game rather than bomb into the best secondary since the last Dallas dynasty, hoping Clark can keep Avril off Manning long enough our WRs can beat jams better than they usually have this year. Another encouragement is that our D and running game progressively improved in the playoffs, while their offense progressively faded, but I'm unsure how much stock to put in that since their offense faced tough defenses and ours faced largely nonexistent ones, and only SD had a good balanced offense to test our D.

It is what it is, and I'm thrilled we're in the Super Bowl for the first time in 15 years. Thirty other teams would kill for the uphill challenge facing both teams, and any team can beat any other on any given Sunday. We've faced and overcome tons of adversity this year, because we were on todays mission from the start, and the result is a mountain of determination and professionalism facing an arrogant young team that never faced much adversity at all. Another advantage; hopefully the combination is decisive.

One last time, for all the marbles. I'm honored to be have these Broncos win or lose, but would sure love to see a Super Bowl win they've more than earned with blood, sweat and tears.

Go, America; Go, Broncos
    Did ya get it all out buddy? Ready to rock?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following 6 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    So we're all in agreement that if Denver loses, War gets the permaban?

HUH?

When we win, that will be the end of the so called jinx.

What is it.....gameday colorado time or sumthin?

As long as we win some other scrub can start the thread.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

Had a big cook up this morning. Food to keep me going through the night till the early hours.
    Babysitter arranged for the morning so I can sleep in.
    Chapel after lunch then a long afternoon snooze.
    I am SO SO excited and proud of this team.

GO BRONCOS. BEST TEAM, BEST FANBASE EVER!

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived Jaws For This Post:

I cant even sleep!!!!!

This game has been on my mind for the last 15 years!
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

11. Default

It's finally here!

Win or lose today, I am so proud of the Broncos this year and couldn't be more proud to be a Broncos fan. It's been an incredible season to remember filled with so many remarkable moments, it's hard not to feel like we were completely spoiled by what we were lucky enough to witness. So many long years filled with a ton of ups and downs to get back to this point but it always felt like more of a question of when, not if the boys were going to get back to the big game. Something just feels right with the Broncos back in the Super Bowl again; management, coaches and the players have worked their asses off and done a hell of a job to rebuild this organization, they've earned it the hard way, have overcome adversity and doubt at every turn and now it comes down to a final 60 minutes.

GO BRONCOS GO! Kick some Seahawk ass and bring the Lombardi home to where it belongs!

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived Edmonton Bronco Fan (2) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    HUH?

When we win, that will be the end of the so called jinx.

What is it.....gameday colorado time or sumthin?

As long as we win some other scrub can start the thread.
    Sneakers always starts the gameday threads, War. Always. It isn't anything personal against you.

Go Broncos! Bring home the trophy!

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

"...Well I ain't no move star, but I can get behind anything..."

I am officially "getting behind" the "Broncos Gameday Thread *Super Bowl XLVIII Edition*: Broncos vs Seahawks 02/02/14".

Let go lads.
    Leave no piece of orange unworn today.

Go Broncos!

What's a Seahawk? I googled it. Said it was a fish eagle.
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Go Broncos!
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Finally. Let's roll!

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I think we win this 27-20. Expecting a good close game.

Go Broncos!

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Skinny For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris

The day is here!!! Wow, what a season this has been. The last time we were in the Superbowl, I was barely 9 years old, wearing my #7 Jersey....

Today, so many great stories surround our Broncos and they have the opportunity to go down in history as one of the best teams EVER.

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!

Supporting the Denver Broncos all the way from North Carolina!

24. The Following 4 Users High Fived camdisco24 For This Post:

Default Broncos Gameday Thread *Super Bowl XLVIII Edition*: Broncos vs Seahawks 02/02/14

Been waiting for this thread for a long time

...lets get that Lombardi back to Denver for Pat, Champ, those 'next men up' who've filled in so great this year, everyone else on the team whose kicked butt this year, and the best fans out there!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!

26. The Following 5 Users High Fived Broncolingus For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I'm so excited I feel like a 7 year old on Christmas morning, couldn't sleep last night. GO BRONCOS.
    My prediction is it isn't going to be close. No offence to Seattle who has had a great season, but the Broncos D has been awesome and I don't think the Broncos O will be stopped. 38-13 Broncos

Thanks MasterShake!!!

28. The Following 3 Users High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Good luck today Broncos fans. Looking forward to a good game!
    Gimme some footyball, please!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information