Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: By The Numbers: Seahawks Historical Defense Created By Soft Schedule

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Super Bowl!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    No. I'm not going to "c'mon, man." Your argument was that Seattle's schedule was tough because they played "SEVEN" playoff teams.
    That was the argument.
    It was false. It was wrong. Because Arizona, no matter how good you want them to be DIDN'T make the ******* playoffs, so that argument is null and void.
    I can say, "playoff caliber," if you like; that's 100% true, even by the strictest standards, and doesn't change the point one whit. Coming onto a Broncos site the day before the SB to say Seattle had an easy schedule, or even easy offenses, is just blind homerism, IMHO, but if you want to insist calling a 10-6 team a playoff team when they didn't make it is a bigger deal, go nuts.

I don't even know what stupid ass point you're trying to make here. Just wanted to point that out.
    There are two points:

1) How many playoff teams we faced is IRRELEVANT to how many Seattle faced. It's a non sequitur; might as well bring up how many playoff teams Purdue faced.
    2) Running down Seattle makes us no better, no more than running down KC did 3 months ago. No one would be impressed if we beat Rice in the SB, but if Rice beat US everyone would laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This really isn't true. Their defensive DVOA adjusted for SOS is still #1 in the NFL.
    So is their average victory margin adjustes for SoS. It's just bad analysis, however reassuring it may be to Broncos fans. I could post a story saying Marshawn Lynch ust broke his leg in three places, too; however much of a relief that might be to Broncos fans, it still wouldn't be true.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Super Bowl!
    Nothing else matters.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    I can say, "playoff caliber," if you like; that's 100% true, even by the strictest standards, and doesn't change the point one whit. Coming onto a Broncos site the day before the SB to say Seattle had an easy schedule, or even easy offenses, is just blind homerism, IMHO, but if you want to insist calling a 10-6 team a playoff team when they didn't make it is a bigger deal, go nuts.
    Here's the beauty of the NFL. You earn your playoff spot through the games you play.

You're not put in by a selection committee. So, no, Arizona is not a playoff caliber team because they didn't play in the playoffs.

:moonwalk:

There are two points:

1) How many playoff teams we faced is IRRELEVANT to how many Seattle faced. It's a non sequitur; might as well bring up how many playoff teams Purdue faced.
    2) Running down Seattle makes us no better, no more than running down KC did 3 months ago. No one would be impressed if we beat Rice in the SB, but if Rice beat US everyone would laugh.
    Oh, OK. Well, my point in pointing out Denver's games against playoff games was tongue in cheek. Mostly because you spent WEEKS during the regular season trying to find everything you could to run down Denver's schedule, it's play, the conference it played in, the quarterback it had, etc... THEN you use playoff teams payed (plus one who didn't even make the playoffs) to prop up Seattle.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Nothing else matters.
    Ziggy, hold me.

Joel, here's a thought. Go post on the Seahawks board. They need the support you provide.
    How good Seattle is or isn't has NO bearing on how good we are. It can't until/unless we've played each other (for real, not in practice.) After that it bears very greatly on us, because we'll know who's better. Until then, all tearing them down can do is cheapen a win over such a bad team or make us ashamed to lose to such a bad team. Either way, tearing them down can't build us up, only tear us down with them. Just like when people did it with KC; we fully deserve to have WTE come back and say, "sweeping KC means nothing; ya'll said all year that KC suck."

Have we reached the point that we don't think we can beat a genuinely great team at a neutral site?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

How good Seattle is or isn't has NO bearing on how good we are. It can't until/unless we've played each other (for real, not in practice.) After that it bears very greatly on us, because we'll know who's better. Until then, all tearing them down can do is cheapen a win over such a bad team or make us ashamed to lose to such a bad team. Either way, tearing them down can't build us up, only tear us down with them. Just like when people did it with KC; we fully deserve to have WTE come back and say, "sweeping KC means nothing; ya'll said all year that KC suck."

Have we reached the point that we don't think we can beat a genuinely great team at a neutral site?
    LOL.

Says the wordiest person on the board who has SPAMMED the board about how great Kansas City was and Seattle is.

:priceless:
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

11. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Are we even sure Seattle is a genuinely good team? After all, Brandon Spano said 7 out of 13 teams they played had an offense in the bottom half of the league. That's almost 50%.

Joel, here's a thought. Go post on the Seahawks board. They need the support you provide.

No matter what anyone is saying today, I doubt a victory tomorrow would feel cheap in any way.

Here's the beauty of the NFL. You earn your playoff spot through the games you play.

You're not put in by a selection committee. So, no, Arizona is not a playoff caliber team because they didn't play in the playoffs.

:moonwalk:
    We both know it's not that simple, else a 10-6 team wouldn't have stayed home while an 8-7-1 and an 8-8 team went. The Bolts can't even say they earned it by winning their division: They finished THIRD, just like Arizona, yet went to the playoffs while the Cards stayed home, even though Arizona got 2 more wins out of a much tougher schedule. Sometimes—often, in fact—playoff caliber teams miss the playoffs. It's unfortunate, but true; until/unless a title contender misses (which I don't think was the case with Arizona) it won't bother me.

Oh, OK. Well, my point in pointing out Denver's games against playoff games was tongue in cheek. Mostly because you spent WEEKS during the regular season trying to find everything you could to run down Denver's schedule, it's play, the conference it played in, the quarterback it had, etc... THEN you use playoff teams payed (plus one who didn't even make the playoffs) to prop up Seattle.
    I NEVER tried to run down our schedule, I simply said KC played almost exactly the same schedule, so all the homers who kept going on about how they weren't a "real" 9-0 team because they only beat crappy teams were unwittingly bashing Denver going 8-1 against the same teams. The same kind of addition by subtraction going on here: Of COURSE we'll beat them, because they SUCK; they're record's all smoke and mirrors. Whatever helps people sleep at night, I guess.

That said, our conference WAS weaker; we were head and shoulders above the rest, and the top five were very good (at least until NE died the Death of a Thousand Disembowelments,) but the AFC as a whole was VERY weak. Not only did the NFC win the majority of interconference games, but a 10-6 NFC team couldn't even reach the playoffs, while a 9-7 AFC team did. If KC hadn't benched EVERYONE for that final game the #6 seed almost certainly would've been an 8-8 team.

LOL.

Says the wordiest person on the board who has SPAMMED the board about how great Kansas City was and Seattle is.

:priceless:
    Again, what does that have to do with how good WE are? Other than the fact that if KC really was as good as I said and everyone else denied, that means we swept a really good team. Those were our two best quality wins of the entire regular season; if they were against a crap team, all that means is we haven't beaten anyone but crap teams.

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    No matter what anyone is saying today, I doubt a victory tomorrow would feel cheap in any way.
    Depends how much and successfully people try to whittle Seattle down so they look like pushovers. Pushing over a push over isn't much of an accomplishment; a strong breeze can do that.

Here's a shocking thought: Maybe, albeit thanks to the freedom to ignore 'roids, PI and cheap shot bans that apply to all OTHER teams, Seattle's a great team but we're BETTER. Why is believing Seattle's as good as advertised tantamount to conceding the game? I sure hope the team doesn't see it that way.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Funny how Manning had to actually take the Broncos to the SB for them to be considered a "SB contenders" (in order to validate his signing) but the Cardinals didn't even have to make the PO's to be considered "playoff caliber" (in order to validate Seattle's accomplishments).

Consistently and thoroughly inconsistent.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Default Playoff caliber=/=Super Bowl contender

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Funny how Manning had to actually take the Broncos to the SB for them to be considered a "SB contenders" (in order to validate his signing) but the Cardinals didn't even have to make the PO's to be considered "playoff caliber" (in order to validate Seattle's accomplishments).

Consistently and thoroughly inconsistent.
    It SHOULD, but doesn't, and I've been VERY consistent about that; just ask King87: http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...20#post2127620

Just two posts up I SAID OUTRIGHT Arizona wasn't a contender (IMHO,) but that doesn't mean they weren't playoff caliber. Sadly, the playoffs admit several non-contenders annually. Oh, and I didn't say Manning had to take Denver to the SB to validate his signing, I said we had to make the AFCCG. Are we back to criticizing what people WISH I said instead of what I ACTUALLY said?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

It SHOULD, but doesn't, and I've been VERY consistent about that; just ask King87: http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...20#post2127620

Just two posts up I SAID OUTRIGHT Arizona wasn't a contender (IMHO,) but that doesn't mean they weren't playoff caliber. Sadly, the playoffs admit several non-contenders annually. Oh, and I didn't say Manning had to take Denver to the SB to validate his signing, I said we had to make the AFCCG. Are we back to criticizing what people WISH I said instead of what I ACTUALLY said?
    I know what you said about the Cardinals and I know what you've been spewing about Manning's signing, I'm not talking about your view on the AFCC, I'm talking about the argument that Manning didn't instantly make the Broncos a SB contender.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Are we even sure Seattle is a genuinely good team? After all, Brandon Spano said 7 out of 13 teams they played had an offense in the bottom half of the league. That's almost 50%.

The only thing we're really sure of is the Broncos are better than the Patriots.

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information