Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Brendon Ayanbadejo says teammates smoked marijuana before Super Bowl

Default Brendon Ayanbadejo says teammates smoked marijuana before Super Bowl

According to this article on ESPN,

Former Baltimore Ravens and Chicago Bears linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo says teammates smoked marijuana ahead of one of his two Super Bowls.
    "So then I was looking around, and I'm like 'OK, where is the security?' I looked and for some reason we didn't have regular police. Coach was smart enough to have rent-a-cops on our floor instead of regular police like we usually do."
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013...ana-super-bowl

I would expect the NFL to randomly test the players at some point during the week leading up to the Super Bowl (like Olympic athletes get tested), but maybe that isn't allowed under the CBA.

Do you think Ayanbadejo is telling the truth or just making this up to get attention? What are your thoughts on this story?
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Could be true but im not sure why he would be saying anything about it now.

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    According to this article on ESPN,

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013...ana-super-bowl

I would expect the NFL to randomly test the players at some point during the week leading up to the Super Bowl (like Olympic athletes get tested), but maybe that isn't allowed under the CBA.

Do you think Ayanbadejo is telling the truth or just making this up to get attention? What are your thoughts on this story?
    Yea, he is probably telling the truth. The NFL has a VERY small testing window. It's something like three months or so, where they can give one random test to players from May to July or something like that. It's only players that have previously tested positive in that small window twice, that can then be subject to testing at any time.

I might have those details a little off, but I think that's pretty much what the CBA allows in terms of testing. That's why it's so stupid when someone tests positive, and also why there are people that claim the majority of players smoke regularly, they just don't do it during the testing period/window.

4. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Our young friend Shane Falco will be happy to read this.

I wish we'd just get over this stupid pot stigma. I fully believe it is less harmful than alcohol and should just be legalized across the board. I get so sick of reading stories like this because it honestly shouldn't even frigging matter. To me it's like reading a story about some dudes drinking some beer the night before the game.

I remember Steve Atwater saying he would drink a beer the night before every game. That doesn't have anything to do with this but I was reminded of it and thought I'd share because **** it, Steve Atwater was so badass. And TD used to take bubble baths.

What was this thread about? My short term memory is so bad.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

6. The Following 10 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    It was about someone who smoked weed, I think

Adopted Bronco:
    I don't need to adopt, my son is a future Bronco ;)

whoopidy-doo! This guy is sharing stories with vague details just to get attention. He's not exploiting anyone and isn't going to provide any specifics that can be proven one way or another. Worthless story about something that isn't a big deal.

Just Legalize It.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

BTW, just to clarify I am not a pothead. I've tried it three times in my younger days and did not like it.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

10. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

BTW, just to clarify I am not a pothead. I've tried it three times in my younger days and did not like it.
    didn't like it? I think you did it wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    I don't need to adopt, my son is a future Bronco ;)

I too am not a pothead but firmly believe that alcohol is way more harmful than weed. Both aren't healthy choices, but one has killed many while the other gets blamed as a gateway for more harsher drugs.

P.S. I've smoked my share of weed (when I was a teen) as well as my share of the all too legal alcohol. I have WAY more regrets for my actions when I drank alcohol than I ever did with weed. We would go to some of the lookouts in on Oahu and just star gaze while on weed. We made a homemade cops video at my buddy's place on weed. Even girls weren't high on the priority list when weed was involved. Haven't done it since and I don't miss it. In other words, I'm not compelled to want to get to do it again when I can (work doesn't permit it, but that's 100% fine).
    Last edited by artie_dale; 01-30-2014 at 12:00 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived artie_dale For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

We had a guy on our high school football team who in one game snuck behind a crowd on the sidelines and took a drag on someones cigarette. Cracks me up every time I think about that guy

15. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Our young friend Shane Falco will be happy to read this.

I wish we'd just get over this stupid pot stigma. I fully believe it is less harmful than alcohol and should just be legalized across the board. I get so sick of reading stories like this because it honestly shouldn't even frigging matter. To me it's like reading a story about some dudes drinking some beer the night before the game.

I remember Steve Atwater saying he would drink a beer the night before every game. That doesn't have anything to do with this but I was reminded of it and thought I'd share because **** it, Steve Atwater was so badass. And TD used to take bubble baths.

I agree a 100% with you. Until the stigma goes away though... I think we will be able to get the best Dope smoking FA's at a discount.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    I agree a 100% with you. Until the stigma goes away though... I think we should keep our gay affair secret here at the Forum.
    Gross
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

19. The Following 5 Users High Fived Rex For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    didn't like it? I think you did it wrong.
    I know. I plan on trying it again as soon as it's federally legal. My employer says they recognize the federal law and not the State and they will fire us for smoking up. I'm sure there is a legal fight to be won somewhere in that but I'll let some other poor schmuck fight that fight first.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

21. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I know. I plan on trying it again as soon as it's federally legal. My employer says they recognize the federal law and not the State and they will fire us for smoking up. I'm sure there is a legal fight to be won somewhere in that but I'll let some other poor schmuck fight that fight first.
    I hope you guys don't **** this up, the rest of the states are counting on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I hope you guys don't **** this up, the rest of the states are counting on you.
    When has Colorado ever faced anything up?

Colorado River water rights don't count, we were high.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information