Thread: Such an odd story... Ex-agent: Ryan Leaf sabotaged draft

Default Such an odd story... Ex-agent: Ryan Leaf sabotaged draft

Leigh Steinberg, the former superagent who inspired the Tom Cruise movie character but subsequently fell on hard times after battling alcoholism and bankruptcy, says in a book that Leaf skipped a meeting with former Indianapolis Colts coach Jim Mora to sabotage his chances of being chosen No. 1 in the 1998 NFL draft.

I have to wonder if this is just Leigh Steinberg trying to spin up a story to direct interest towards his book. On the other hand, I find it odd that nobody interviewed Jim Mora, or Ryan Leaf for that matter. He should be easy to find.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...urned-jim-mora
    Last edited by pulse; 01-21-2014 at 10:40 PM.
    A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. --Tyrion Lannister, from George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones
    Everybody has a preference. Some guys like them round. Some guys like them thin. Some guys like them tacky. Some guys like them brand new. Some guys like old balls. --Tom Brady

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

wow Show Me The Money is bankrupt?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    I have to wonder if this is just Leigh Steinberg trying to spin up a story to direct interest towards his book. On the other hand, I find it odd that nobody interviewed Jim Mora, or Ryan Leaf for that matter. He should be easy to find.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...urned-jim-mora
    I'm pretty sure Ryan Leaf is locked up. Not sure he'd want to talk about it either.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Ryan Leaf -wow, what a story. What a disaster. He turned out to be loony toons. Just think if the colts had a stupid moment and actually would have picked him. Like they did to Elway about 40 years ago.
    I did see a piece on sports center where a colt guy confirmed the story and that leaf totally blew off a meeting and submarined all chances of becoming a colt. Hard to imagine PFM a Charger, but they prob would have won a couple super bowls

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I'm pretty sure Ryan Leaf is locked up. Not sure he'd want to talk about it either.
    That's what I meant by him being easy to find.

Though, you're right. That doesn't mean a reporter would be allowed access. Or that he'd want to talk.
    A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. --Tyrion Lannister, from George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones
    Everybody has a preference. Some guys like them round. Some guys like them thin. Some guys like them tacky. Some guys like them brand new. Some guys like old balls. --Tom Brady

yeah the Colts were really robbed in that draft. Leaf wasn't going first

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information