Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl Weather?

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Mile High Magic will increase the temperature up to 60 degree!

2. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by cmc0605 View Post
    My science rant aside, cold isn't so much an issue IMO, and will affect both teams. Precip/wind is alway an issue, but I don't even agree it necessarily favors Seattle. Sure, they pound the ball, but we're #8 in running this year and Moreno/Ball are a formidable duo. And if it does rain/snow or high winds, we almost know what they are going to do on offense, allowing us to stack the box. Secondly, the basis for our passing attack has been short and methodical passes, crossing patterns, screens, etc, which aren't affected as much by weather as the long bombs down the field. The default assumption everyone is working with that bad weather favors Seattle doesn't necessarily follow.
    We might be #8 in running, but Seattle will be the best defense we face all year and if Peyton cant throw the ball it will not spell good news for us as the Hawks will surely go all old school cornhusker on our asses because we know our defense is not near as good as theirs. Add in the fact we are not a very good takeaway team in terms of TO's its really imperative that we have a passing attack. As Coach said, heart is with Denver but the worse type of weather is definitely going to favor the Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    We might be #8 in running, but Seattle will be the best defense we face all year and if Peyton cant throw the ball it will not spell good news for us as the Hawks will surely go all old school cornhusker on our asses because we know our defense is not near as good as theirs. Add in the fact we are not a very good takeaway team in terms of TO's its really imperative that we have a passing attack. As Coach said, heart is with Denver but the worse type of weather is definitely going to favor the Hawks.
    Sure, if Peyton can't throw the ball at all, but this is a pretty intense leap given what we just seen for 18 games....

and our run defense is no joke.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Bad weather or good, the 'hawks are going to run the ball. It's in their DNA. I think we'll be prepared. Their offense just doesn't scare me that much and I have total faith we'll move the ball on them.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cmc0605 View Post
    Sure, if Peyton can't throw the ball at all, but this is a pretty intense leap given what we just seen for 18 games....

and our run defense is no joke.
    I'm not worried about the cold. Peyton threw for 397 yards and 4 TDs and Denver scored 51 points in 11º weather back in December. If it's only cold, Denver still has an advantage on offense. Denver has big physical receivers to matchup with Seattle's secondary. The cold isn't going to hamper that. But we're not fools. Make no mistake, high winds or a combination of wind and snow will hamper the passing attack of both teams. But even if that unfolds, we've had two weeks to prepare for the worst. We will need to run the ball effectively to win. Seattle has the best defense in the NFL, no doubt; however, the longer you can keep them on the field, winning the physical battles in the trenches, you give yourself a chance to win. If there is a snowstorm and high winds, the best bet for Denver is to continue playing stout run defense, take advantage of every scoring opportunity on offense, and force Russell Wilson to play from behind. That element of the gameplan, wind/snow or no wind/snow, is likely not going to change. This is going to be one hell of a physical ball game.
    Last edited by pulse; 01-21-2014 at 04:10 PM.
    A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. --Tyrion Lannister, from George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones
    Everybody has a preference. Some guys like them round. Some guys like them thin. Some guys like them tacky. Some guys like them brand new. Some guys like old balls. --Tom Brady

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The thing that scares me is ball security.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    I don't need to adopt, my son is a future Bronco ;)

as a fan of one of the teams going to this Super Bowl, I prefer they play in warm climate or in a dome. But, if it were another other two teams, I wouldn't mind some weather influenced mayhem. So, my opinion is biased.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived artie_dale For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Fog Bowl

13. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    I'm not worried about the cold. Peyton threw for 397 yards and 4 TDs and Denver scored 51 points in 11º weather back in December. If it's only cold, Denver still has an advantage on offense. Denver has big physical receivers to matchup with Seattle's secondary. The cold isn't going to hamper that. But we're not fools. Make no mistake, high winds or a combination of wind and snow will hamper the passing attack of both teams. But even if that unfolds, we've had two weeks to prepare for the worst. We will need to run the ball effectively to win. Seattle has the best defense in the NFL, no doubt; however, the longer you can keep them on the field, winning the physical battles in the trenches, you give yourself a chance to win. If there is a snowstorm and high winds, the best bet for Denver is to continue playing stout run defense, take advantage of every scoring opportunity on offense, and force Russell Wilson to play from behind. That element of the gameplan, wind/snow or no wind/snow, is likely not going to change. This is going to be one hell of a physical ball game.
    Against a pretty decent pass defense. And I dont think he did horrible in NE. It was just that we were running so well, it was tough for him to get into a rhythm.

It's not the cold that concerns me as much as wind. If we're seeing decent winds or even high gusts...it could be an issue.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Against a pretty decent pass defense. And I dont think he did horrible in NE. It was just that we were running so well, it was tough for him to get into a rhythm.
    Manning even said as much recently. He had a quote saying something along the lines of he wished they hadn't have run the ball so much in the first NE game because it didn't allow their passing game to get into a rhythm, and when they needed to pass for a first down it was much tougher. Even if the weather is bad in the SB, I still expect us to try to air it out unless that strategy winds up being a complete disaster.

16. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

I didn't know this, but there's actually a site dedicated to this.
    http://willitsnow.com/
    In Elway We Trust

Weather looks to be pretty good for the game...

...wish that (likely) 49 high was going to hang around a little longer into the evening, but as long as the precip and wind are out of the forecast, I'm a happy camper.

...now, get that passing game sharp and let's go stomp some Seahawk ass!

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Broncolingus View Post
    Weather looks to be pretty good for the game...

...wish that (likely) 49 high was going to hang around a little longer into the evening, but as long as the precip and wind are out of the forecast, I'm a happy camper.

...now, get that passing game sharp and let's go stomp some Seahawk ass!
    Looks like it could be a bit windy. Gusts up to 25 miles per hour during the day. It should calm down later in the evening.
    In Elway We Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

I would rather they play in damn blizzard than a dome. I have hated dome football ever since houston built that stupid astroturf stadium 80 years ago. Its dark and gloomy and the colors always look like crap in a dome. Football is an outdoor sport like skiing, unless you live in Dubai.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information