Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl Weather?

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Both teams will be playing in the same weather.....no excuses. I do agree with Ziggy......bring on the snow game.

2. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Both teams will be playing in the same weather.....no excuses. I do agree with Ziggy......bring on the snow game.
    Both will be playing in it, but truthfully bad weather would suit the Hawks more than the Broncos. Our QB has no mobility and his strengths are in his ability to air it out. If that gets taken away it reduces our success by a large margin.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Both will be playing in it, but truthfully bad weather would suit the Hawks more than the Broncos. Our QB has no mobility and his strengths are in his ability to air it out. If that gets taken away it reduces our success by a large margin.
    Kind of the way I see it. It's likely to be the equivalent of 10 degrees in the second half. Just ridiculous for a SB.

I still like Denver in the game, but the weather makes it harder for the Broncos.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

If we do win this game in bad weather though, every single negative narrative against Manning in the playoffs/weather can never ever ever be used again.

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I see your point, North, but I have faith Manning can overcome the elements especially for the big game.

BTW.....BestWeather has 30% snow and temps @ 22 degrees on that Sunday. So in other words, it'll be clear and 40......you know how they're always wrong on the weather.

9. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I see your point, North, but I have faith Manning can overcome the elements especially for the big game.

BTW.....BestWeather has 30% snow and temps @ 22 degrees on that Sunday. So in other words, it'll be clear and 40......you know how they're always wrong on the weather.
    Accuweather's forecast is a high of 43, low of 33, and cloudy with light wind.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    It's in Rutherford, NJ.....right? I looked on weather underground, 2 Sundays from now. As I said before, it'll probably be wrong.

I should of been a weatherman.......wrong most times and still have a job.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

It's in Rutherford, NJ.....right? I looked on weather underground, 2 Sundays from now. As I said before, it'll probably be wrong.

I should of been a weatherman.......wrong most times and still have a job.
    Yep, East Rutherford NJ. I have it programmed into my accuweather app and am checking it daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I agree...

...I'd like to see sunny, calm (winds), and temps in the 40s...

...but that seems unlikely, so I'm hoping for calm and temps in the high 30s.

JMO...

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I liked the idea of this Super Bowl when first announced because I love football in the elements. Now I hate it since it might affect our offense.
    If this SB is played in bad weather, you can probably forget Denver ever hosting a Super Bowl.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

That might be our best possible forecast.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

17. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Regardless of the outcome...I'm still not a fan of this experiment in cold weather stadiums.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 26m

RT @Rod9sports: “@ESPNNFL: INSIDE LOOK: The home of Super Bowl XLVIII Met Life Stadium today pic.twitter.com/Rtef5InMAg--- solid move NFL

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:

If the weather is cold and the wind is up, my heart will be with Denver, but my money will be with Seattle.

There's a lot of flapping butterflies in Earth's atmosphere...there's little use in thinking about the forecast too much right now. Accuweather's typical forecast will cross climatological error (i.e., essentially the easiest forecast one can make by averaging "typical" conditions for this time of year at a given location using, say 30 years of data) within about 8-10 days. This is, scientifically, useless nonsense although they have no problem promoting it.

My science rant aside, cold isn't so much an issue IMO, and will affect both teams. Precip/wind is alway an issue, but I don't even agree it necessarily favors Seattle. Sure, they pound the ball, but we're #8 in running this year and Moreno/Ball are a formidable duo. And if it does rain/snow or high winds, we almost know what they are going to do on offense, allowing us to stack the box. Secondly, the basis for our passing attack has been short and methodical passes, crossing patterns, screens, etc, which aren't affected as much by weather as the long bombs down the field. The default assumption everyone is working with that bad weather favors Seattle doesn't necessarily follow.

23. The Following User High Fived cmc0605 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information