Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What do the Broncos do with Chris Clark next year?

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    His salary for next season is $5.9M unless something happen after this season. I expect that they will give him the chance to replace Beadles and if he doesn't then he is gone.
    How much is guaranteed though? Looks like only ~$900K, with an equal amount locked in by his signing bonus. The rest ought to give us some wiggle room if he's willing to wiggle with us.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    How much is guaranteed though? Looks like only ~$900K, with an equal amount locked in by his signing bonus. The rest ought to give us some wiggle room if he's willing to wiggle with us.
    Not sure, Kupes' dad doesn't post those kinda of details for number of reasons.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

3. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Clady is coming off a Lisfranc, Clark stays where he is until Clady proves he's healthy.
    I agree...

I think it's 'wait and see' until Clady (who I really hope is fine) show's he's back to 100%...

Clark's play this year is the most underrated story of the year, IMO...

...major props to the dude.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Broncolingus View Post
    I agree...

I think it's 'wait and see' until Clady (who I really hope is fine) show's he's back to 100%...

Clark's play this year is the most underrated story of the year, IMO...

...major props to the dude.
    I mentioned it when it happened 4 months ago. The Saints lost their Pro Bowl left tackle and went on to win the Super Bowl with a back-up. It's destiny.

I'd like to know what happens with both Clark and Walton/Ramirez. Walton is a very good center but Ramirez deserves a job.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I mentioned it when it happened 4 months ago. The Saints lost their Pro Bowl left tackle and went on to win the Super Bowl with a back-up. It's destiny.
    So when a SB team loses a Pro Bowl LT for the season, Peyton Manning's guaranteed to win? Wait... that can't be right....
    Quote Originally Posted by jhns View Post
    I'd like to know what happens with both Clark and Walton/Ramirez. Walton is a very good center but Ramirez deserves a job.
    I'm obliged to disagree: What happened with Walton is he's NOT a very good C, IMHO, and by the time he was healthy an awful G who turned out to be an excellent C had taken his job.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

8. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    So when a SB team loses a Pro Bowl LT for the season, Peyton Manning's guaranteed to win? Wait... that can't be right....

I'm obliged to disagree: What happened with Walton is he's NOT a very good C, IMHO, and by the time he was healthy an awful G who turned out to be an excellent C had taken his job.
    Walton was placed on IR right away. There was no when he was healthy. He played great when ge was in.

That said, I just looked it up and the team cut him a couple months after going on IR, so it really doesn't matter.
    Last edited by jhns; 01-21-2014 at 12:42 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

It depends on a couple of things:

1) Until Clady is healthy and ready to rock n' roll, Clark is our starting LT

2) If Clady is healthy and Beadles walks, move Clark to LG.

3) Since Clark has been playing so well (top 10 LT in the NFL?), it's rather nieve to say "bench him for depth". So if Clady is healthy/ready and Beadles re-signs, I think you trade Clark for a 2nd round pick. Clark has proven he is a starting NFL LT and no way you "bench" him.

Oh, stop mentioning Walton. The Broncos waived him a few weeks ago and the Redskins picked him up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

He has played well but he also has been the weakest link. He was owned by Mathis and he is lucky manning gets the ball out so quick. If a team wants to trade for him great but he is not that good. I am always worried about pressure from his side.

12. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LTC Pain View Post
    It depends on a couple of things:

1) Until Clady is healthy and ready to rock n' roll, Clark is our starting LT

2) If Clady is healthy and Beadles walks, move Clark to LG.

3) Since Clark has been playing so well (top 10 LT in the NFL?), it's rather nieve to say "bench him for depth". So if Clady is healthy/ready and Beadles re-signs, I think you trade Clark for a 2nd round pick. Clark has proven he is a starting NFL LT and no way you "bench" him.

Oh, stop mentioning Walton. The Broncos waived him a few weeks ago and the Redskins picked him up.
    I can't see us trading Clark for a 2nd. That would leave us with no swing tackle.

I am very impressed with the front office and the coaching staff. Finding these players players like Clark, and many others on our roster. Then developing them.
    This team is playing better than ever and doing it without a couple all Pros, and solid starters

Adopted Bronco:
    Miles

Walton got picked up by the Redskins if I remember correctly.
    The best powder is pure, dry, light fluffy Colorado powder!

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I can't see us trading Clark for a 2nd. That would leave us with no swing tackle.
    Painter, that they have been developing on the PS after drafting him.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

17. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

BTW can we stop the 2nd round talk, folks are overvaluing him big time. He has had very nice year but he was playing with Manning who has made a lot of average tackles look good over the years due to his quick release and audibles.

19. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    BTW can we stop the 2nd round talk, folks are overvaluing him big time. He has had very nice year but he was playing with Manning who has made a lot of average tackles look good over the years due to his quick release and audibles.

I don't think anyone overvalued him at all. A 2nd rounder for a top 10 LT?? And only a little over a mill for next season?

Regardless, I would like to know if he could handle LG. If so we might as well keep him because I don't think Kuper will be back.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information