Thread: Kindergarten teacher accused of removing female student's shirt in class

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Default Kindergarten teacher accused of removing female student's shirt in class

MESA, Ariz. -- A Mesa kindergarten teacher was arrested Wednesday and booked for 25 counts of indecent exposure and one count of child abuse stemming from an incident in his classroom.

Thomas Washburn, 54, teaches kindergarten at Adams Elementary School in Mesa where the incident occurred on Wednesday.

The victim, a 6-year-old female, was in class with 24 classmates.

Washburn was reportedly upset and shouting in the class causing the victim to hide her face in the top of her shirt.

The victim's mother described her daughter as "developmentally delayed" due to being born prematurely.

It appears that based on shouting, the child was frightened and hiding in her shirt.

When Washburn told her to take her face out of the shirt and she did not comply, he went to her and completely removed her shirt, leaving her naked from the waist up.

The victim was left in that state for approximately 10 minutes crying as class continued.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Kinderg...240611261.html
    What was this teacher thinking?!
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Why there are male kindergarten teachers is even more shocking. Guys typically don't have to do anything close to this bad to be accused of sexual abuse, child abuse, molestation or similar things even for so much as laying a hand on a child's shoulder.

No excuse for this guy but if it had not been for this, it would have eventually been for something else.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

3. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Why there are male kindergarten teachers is even more shocking. Guys typically don't have to do anything close to this bad to be accused of sexual abuse, child abuse, molestation or similar things even for so much as laying a hand on a child's shoulder.

No excuse for this guy but if it had not been for this, it would have eventually been for something else.
    Not only have I worked in Kindergarten classes in my church, but I work with children of all ages, birth & up.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post

I can see what you are saying Hoof, but not so sure about all of it. like FIA, just wtf?

This guy cannot be a father

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    This guy cannot be a father
    First thing I thought as well. Had this had happened to my daughter I would have been charged with assault.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Not only have I worked in Kindergarten classes in my church, but I work with children of all ages, birth & up.
    I teach 4th graders at my church.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

I taught scouts at church
    but had to quit after 9-11.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Army Bronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

I taught Kindergarten when I was a senior in college for a couple months. It was just plain fun. This kind of behavior by this teacher is incomprehensible.

I once taught 18 year old high school senior girls when I was a 22 year old college graduate. You can imagine the shenanigans.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Default Mesa kindergarten teacher appears in court

A Mesa kindergarten teacher is home from jail ordered to stay away from kids and his school.

Thomas Washburn was arrested on child abuse and indecent exposure charges this week. He's accused of taking a 6-year-old girl's shirt off in the classroom and having her stand there, half naked, in front of all the other kids.

A lot of parents are outraged over what happened inside a Mesa kindergarten classroom earlier this week, a judge decided that Thomas Washburn doesn't have to be locked up.

Washburn is on house arrest and has to wear an ankle monitor but there are a few places washburn plans to visit while he's going through the criminal justice system including his classroom and the gym.

"The past two days have really been a whirlwind for me" said Washburn.

The kindergarten teacher turned defendant addressed a judge during his initial court appearance. Investigators want to charge Washburn with one count of child abuse and 24 counts of indecent exposure.

The judge on Friday only found enough evidence to hold him accountable on one count of aggravated assault. Washburn asked the judge if he could go back to his classroom.

Read more: http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/24...#ixzz2qj1uAAYR
    Unbelievable

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information