Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Prospect watch

I would be happy with either Berry or Mays, I think they are both going to be great at the NFL level. It will be really interesting to see where we end up in this draft. If they see someone they like in reach I could easily see us trading the following years #1 to get a guy. I would like to get either of those two safeties, and hope they can either start right away or learn from BDawk if he stays another year.
    "There's a box of Twinkies in that grocery store. Not just any box of Twinkies, the last box of Twinkies that anyone will enjoy in the whole universe. Believe it or not, Twinkies have an expiration date. Some day very soon, Life's little Twinkie gauge is gonna go... empty."

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller, Peyton's Neck

If he heals all nice and good like....Sam Bradford!
    Thanks Shake!

Eric berry is by far the best player in the nation. Huge gap between him and a very over rated taylor mays.... We can only hope chicago lays an egg all season and we have a chance to draft him.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived EMB6903 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i wish! i usually don't even make this kind of statement because things can change so much over the course of a season (at this time last year people were saying no way james L or maualuga would be within our reach ), but i really do think berry will be out of reach unless something drastic happens-- i don't see da bears losing ten or twelve games, urlacher or no. . . .

honestly, JMO of course, but i think we might have a better shot at cody. . . ngata fell to what, 13, and i don't know that cody's a better prospect. . . the guy's a beast, no doubt at all, but two-down nosetackles aren't necessarily top premium players, even with their value increasing due to the amount of teams going to the 3-4. . . i see him being a player that will be off some teams' boards entirely due to scheme fit, where berry should fit pretty much anywhere. . . cody's weight might be a concern for certain teams also. . .

ultimately, they'll probably both end up being out of reach unless da bears really tank, but there'll be some other attractive options. . . we have plenty of areas where we can use reinforcements, so we should be in a good position to draft according to BPA. . . .

i've already mentioned my interest in heyward, and i'd like to get a look at suh and arthur jones sometime this year if i can (i never seem to be able to make time for football on satudays, damn it)-- from what i've read, they both sound like they could have some potential as five-techniques, and if chris baker pans out the way i'm expecting, we might find that we need the help there more than on the nose anyway. . . .

and spikes is just a badass-- i'd take that guy on my team in a heartbeat! ILB doesn't necessarily look like one of our more pressing needs ATM, but andra davis isn't more than a rental at his age, larsen isn't proven, and woodyard has to show that he can hold up playing at his weight in a scheme where the inside 'backers take a lot of punishment-- i don't hate the thought of having him as a highly competent third guy in the rotation, nickel 'backer and special teams stud. . . depth is a good thing. . .

and bradford would be one of my top choices if we were drafting today. . . it'll be interesting to see what the injury does to his stock, especially if he struggles after coming back. . . .

I'm not big on Cody. Dude is a sloppy mess. I see overweight bust written all over him.

Dan Williams, is big, strong and built well for someone of his size. He could be either a 3-4 DE or DT from what I've seen of him. I'm big on him.

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    I'm not big on Cody. Dude is a sloppy mess. I see overweight bust written all over him.

Dan Williams, is big, strong and built well for someone of his size. He could be either a 3-4 DE or DT from what I've seen of him. I'm big on him.
    You're a blinded homer if that's all you see in TC. The guy has lost about 50 lbs since arriving in T-Town. He isn't a sloppy mess anymore. And you're a retard for comparing an elite 3-4 NT with a managable 3-4 NT.

Bama, bitch.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    You're a blinded homer if that's all you see in TC. The guy has lost about 50 lbs since arriving in T-Town. He isn't a sloppy mess anymore. And you're a retard for comparing an elite 3-4 NT with a managable 3-4 NT.

Bama, bitch.
    I don't hate on Bama. I just see this dude as someone who will have to fight the battle of the bulge his entire career and statying in shape will be an issue. Just my opinion, but that's what I expect from him.

Williams is a beast. Maybe as a 3-4 NT, maybe not, but he certainly has the tools to be a 3-4 DE. I personally like the players we currently have playing the nose and the potential of Baker.

I don't hate on Bama. I just see this dude as someone who will have to fight the battle of the bulge his entire career and statying in shape will be an issue. Just my opinion, but that's what I expect from him.

Williams is a beast. Maybe as a 3-4 NT, maybe not, but he certainly has the tools to be a 3-4 DE. I personally like the players we currently have playing the nose and the potential of Baker.
    He hasn't struggled with his weight since he got to Bama. He's made drastic improvements since arriving. What do you think a NFL S&C program is gonna do?

On the fine line between genius & insanity...
    Adopted Bronco:
    Elvis D!

Wait for it.............

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

He hasn't struggled with his weight since he got to Bama. He's made drastic improvements since arriving. What do you think a NFL S&C program is gonna do?
    What do ya think big money and a sense of entitlement will do? I hope he does do well, especially if we draft him. But the dude is friggin huge and fame and fortune has historically made plenty of men lazy and unmotivated. More power to him if he proves me wrong, but I think it's gonna be hard for a guy that large to keep the weight down. There are plenty of guys who weigh over 325 who don't look nearly as sloppy. They look more muscular and don't have the giant belly pouring over their pants. To me, those are the guys who can carry the weight. Sure, his size will keep him in the league, but if we're going after a guy in round 1, I want more. Dan Wilkinson was in the league for a decade. Comparing college careers, this dude is no Big Daddy.

As for the Williams comparison, in my mock I want him in round 4, but I'd even go after him in round 3. We're talking about taking Cody w/ a top 20 pick.
    Last edited by SmilinAssasSin27; 09-25-2009 at 03:45 PM.

11. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Another player I really like at 3-4 DE is Jared Odrick of Penn State. He is a very good, hard working D-lineman I've been watching since he got to Penn State. He is 6'5" 295 is strong vs the run and can get to the passer. Not an elite sack master, but more than holds his own. I think he is perfect for a 3-4 end spot. IMHO.

Last edited by SmilinAssasSin27; 09-25-2009 at 03:46 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I'm a big time homer, but Alabama's Rolando McClain (MLB) and Terrence Cody (NT) are future top 10 picks. Perfect fits for the 3-4 and Saban has been quoted as saying Ro is the smartest player he has ever coached.
    See...I LOVE McClain and would be giddy in he ended up in Denver. When it comes to the NFL, I try to keep an open mind regardless of where a dude went to school. I have Spikes as my first round want for christ's sake. And you know how much us Vol fans love those Gators...

Last edited by SmilinAssasSin27; 09-25-2009 at 03:54 PM.

14. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Another player to keep an eye on is Eric Norwood, OLB, South Carolina. Dude is a playmaker on a VERY good defense. He weighs over 250 and is big enough to move inside in a 3-4. I personally want an ILB in round 1, but if we go another route, Norwood would be a great option in round 2 or 3.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

An option at 3-4 DE who I've been told to keep my eye on (but I admit I really haven't seen much of) is Corey Wootton from Northwestern. His size (6'7", 282) looks to fit. I'm gonna make a point to DVR his games on the Big10 Network.

18. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

What do ya think big money and a sense of entitlement will do? I hope he does do well, especially if we draft him. But the dude is friggin huge and fame and fortune has historically made plenty of men lazy and unmotivated. More power to him if he proves me wrong, but I think it's gonna be hard for a guy that large to keep the weight down. There are plenty of guys who weigh over 325 who don't look nearly as sloppy. They look more muscular and don't have the giant belly pouring over their pants. To me, those are the guys who can carry the weight. Sure, his size will keep him in the league, but if we're going after a guy in round 1, I want more. Dan Wilkinson was in the league for a decade. Comparing college careers, this dude is no Big Daddy.

As for the Williams comparison, in my mock I want him in round 4, but I'd even go after him in round 3. We're talking about taking Cody w/ a top 20 pick.

I wanna pick out one thing you said... "But the dude is friggin huge and fame and fortune has historically made plenty of men lazy and unmotivated"... Now minus the fortune, a Vol fan of all people should know of the fame that Bama players have in T-Town. He deals with being a legend every single day of his life... Don't you think he'd know how to deal with it in the NFL?

See...I LOVE McClain and would be giddy in he ended up in Denver. When it comes to the NFL, I try to keep an open mind regardless of where a dude went to school. I have Spikes as my first round want for christ's sake. And you know how much us Vol fans love those Gators...

I love Bama. But my love for them doesn't necessarily make me a giant homer who thinks Bama players are God's gift to this Earth. I just mention them in this forum because this Bama defense has about 5-6 1st round picks on it. I think Spikes is a tremendous player and any team would be lucky to have him but I feel as though Rolo transitions better to our defense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by EMB6903 View Post
    Eric berry is by far the best player in the nation. Huge gap between him and a very over rated taylor mays.... We can only hope chicago lays an egg all season and we have a chance to draft him.
    mays is an incredible physical specimen, but i really think his instincts are off. . . . i don't know how much we'll be looking to draft a safety after just taking two of them in this year's draft along with bringing in two free agents, but myron rolle is a guy that could be a real value depending on where he ends up being drafted after being out of football for a year (assuming that he still plans to enter next year's draft, which was the last i heard). . . .

and west, you've got your eyes squeezed shut if you don't think weight is a major concern with cody. . . kris jenkins is an established NFL stud who's come close to eating himself out of the league before, just because cody got it under control at 'bama isn't any sort of guarantee that he'll continue to keep it under control once he gets paid. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information