Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Forums Hall of Fame Class of 2014

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Default Broncos Forums Hall of Fame Class of 2014

The time has now come to unveil the Broncos Forums Hall of Fame Class of 2014. First of all, I just want to give a huge thank you to all who voted. Without your votes, this would not be possible. It literally came right down to the very end. A vote hit my inbox 1 minute before deadline that knocked someone out of the HoF. Kinda made me a little sick to see that, but that person should get in for sure next year. Also, our first rival fan made it in this year! This year BY FAR had the closest voting ever and I have to say it produced a very solid class. And now, for the results (in alphabetical order):

Buff
    King87
    MasterShake
    SeeingRed
    Slick

A HUGE congrats to all the inductees and a huge thanks to all of the voters.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Mods, can you remove the sticky from last year's thread and sticky this one now?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Congrats guys. Much deserved.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

To the fellow members of the board,

Over the past several years, which coincidentally marks the beginning of my posting on this board, my life has been in a constant flux. I went from being a smart-mouthed eighteen year old to a twenty-six year old who is finally getting his life on track. In between these times I have been a college student, a cook, a manager in retail, and a college student again. I can honestly say that the person I am now is not the same person that I was when I started posting here.

But, one thing that I have in common with the ‘earlier’ version of me is that I post here. I come here when I’m happy, sad, angry, apathetic, depressed, elated, bored, busy, or anything in between. The message board serves as an escape from my everyday life. Many of you have posted with me for over five years. Many people are cynical over relationships that take root or stem from online interaction. I can honestly say that I myself am not a cynic in this regard, and my lack of cynicism is because of this place.

So, in summation of thought, thank you for voting for me. Thank you for being my friend, and thank you for the hilariousness, ridiculousness, debate, and the friendship. I appreciate you all.

Sincerely Yours,

King87

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post

Over the past several years, which coincidentally marks the beginning of my posting on this board, my life has been in a constant flux. I went from being a smart-mouthed eighteen year old to a twenty-six year old who is finally getting his life on track. In between these times I have been a college student, a cook, a manager in retail, and a college student again. I can honestly say that the person I am now is not the same person that I was when I started posting here.

But, one thing that I have in common with the ‘earlier’ version of me is that I post here. I come here when I’m happy, sad, angry, apathetic, depressed, elated, bored, busy, or anything in between. The message board serves as an escape from my everyday life. Many of you have posted with me for over five years. Many people are cynical over relationships that take root or stem from online interaction. I can honestly say that I myself am not a cynic in this regard, and my lack of cynicism is because of this place.

So, in summation of thought, thank you for voting for me. Thank you for being my friend, and thank you for the hilariousness, ridiculousness, debate, and the friendship. I appreciate you all.

Sincerely Yours,

King87
    As much as I love to talk shit to and about you, you're still one of my favorite peeps.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

7. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Sincerely Yours,

King87
    Cant believe you got in before me......... ******* Bengals......

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I wonder if you were the person who got knocked out at the last minute?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I wonder if you were the person who got knocked out at the last minute?
    Doubt it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Shutup and take your playoff win!

13. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Sincerely Yours,

King87

I voted for you....but only because I know, deep deep down you really are a Broncos fan.

Congrats on not being Terrel Davis.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

15. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Here are some stats on the voting.

This was BY FAR the closest vote ever this year. Here were the total points (remember the system is 5 pts for a 1st place vote, then 4, and so on) for the top 6 finishers: 36, 32, 32, 31, 30, 28. Two single votes could have propelled the first guy out into first place. Pretty incredible. Each of the first two years, the top few vote-getters were total runaways then it was close for the last few spots.

I said this in the OP, but a vote came in at the last minute that knocked someone out. There was going to be a 3-way tie for 4-6th place, so they would have all gotten in. The last ballot voted for 2 of those 3 posters, leaving the last one out. I have to imagine that poster gets in next year, however.

16 posters received at least 10 points and 37 posters received at least one vote.

I really wish I could produce the stats that show how these HOFers did last year but sadly I lost my spreadsheet from then.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Here are some stats on the voting.

This was BY FAR the closest vote ever this year. Here were the total points (remember the system is 5 pts for a 1st place vote, then 4, and so on) for the top 6 finishers: 36, 32, 32, 31, 30, 28. Two single votes could have propelled the first guy out into first place. Pretty incredible. Each of the first two years, the top few vote-getters were total runaways then it was close for the last few spots.

I said this in the OP, but a vote came in at the last minute that knocked someone out. There was going to be a 3-way tie for 4-6th place, so they would have all gotten in. The last ballot voted for 2 of those 3 posters, leaving the last one out. I have to imagine that poster gets in next year, however.

16 posters received at least 10 points and 37 posters received at least one vote.

I really wish I could produce the stats that show how these HOFers did last year but sadly I lost my spreadsheet from then.
    Who was the odd man out, I gotta know.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

19. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'm gonna make you all wonder. Consider it extra motivation to step up your posting in the next year, as it could be any of you!

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I voted for 3 of the 5.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

BroncosForums,

Thanks for the votes! I've been at this message board since the beginning...for six and a half years this place has been my escape from life. I post here when I'm on the can, when I have a minute at work, when I'm at home, when I've been deployed or on the road and in all kinds of moods. Some of you here know me on a personal level and I've been fortunate enough to have met a few of you in person for a beer and/or a meal or more (AZ Snake, Davii, BroncoJoe, Shake, dogfish, Pola and her husband Gary). Y'all are good people here and it's a pleasure to have such a gracious person in T that keeps this message board alive for all of us to enjoy.

This is not something I ever planned on being a part of because I didn't figure on enough people here ever voting for me because I'm kind of an ******* to people. I'm working on that though. Lately I've been fed a big dose of Karma for being a shady, cynical ******** and an all around a-hole to a lot of people for a long time. But that's neither here nor there. All of the rest of the people that got voted in definitely deserve it. Slick, King, Shake, and Buff all definitely deserve it, even if Buff drinks girl drinks. I'm honored to be a part of the BF HoF...thanks again for all of you who voted for me.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information