Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rain expected in Seattle, New England on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Right, because getting under one seasons cap by agreeing to pay Elway and Davis more money later is EXACTLY the same as the competitive edge gained by taping an opponents signals.
    No one, including you, knows what, if any, competitive advantage the Broncos or the Patriots gained by their violations. It is undisputed, however, that both teams are guilty of violations the were severely punished by the NFL so no credible person can legitimately assert that the Broncos SB victories are any less tainted than the Patriots SB victories.

It wasn't the same because it didn't give us any competitive advantage, unfair or otherwise: Neither Elway nor Davis were going anywhere.
    According to Bowlen, it didn't give the Broncos any competitive advantage, BUT the NFL NEVER said it didn't give the Broncos a competitive advantage.

BTW, before you and other Broncos fans get indignant and try to explain how videotaping signals is so much worse, read the following.

As Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports wrote in the days following the discovery that the Pats were taping defensive coaching signals during a Week One game against the Jets, the Broncos were suspected at one time of secretly videotaping Chargers practices.

Wrote Cole: “The San Diego Chargers increased their security several years ago at a hill overlooking the practice field at the team facility during weeks when they played the Denver Broncos. Why? It turns out Broncos coach Mike Shanahan had been hiring spies to videotape the Chargers practices. The NFL had been aware of it for several years (at least one NFL official had seen one of the tapes), but didn’t step in because it was considered a team issue.”
    I am trying to locate the actual article as well as one by Mike Florio on ProFootballTalk.com back on February 23rd, 2008, but haven't had success yet.

In fact, the whole reason it happened was reportedly because Elway was working with the team to find a way to take LESS money so we could keep everyone he needed to get his first Ring.
    This is exactly why it was illegal and gave the Broncos a competitive advantage.

NE is about the only team key season-ending injuries have hit harder than us. Ya'll have fun with the Colts and we'll have fun with the Bolts.
    This we can all agree upon!
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Seattle's awesome. I can handle the rain and gloominess, but it's the traffic, overpopulation, and politics that keeps me not wanting to move back in the area because my wife is from there(my in-laws live in Woodenville, Wa). Anchorage tries to be mini-Seattle I hope the BRONCOS plays the Seahawks in late Dec next year because we'll be there for Christmas.
    Not me dude. I've lived in SW Idaho most of my life and have gotten use to sunshine. I start to get sun withdrawals in January when we have inversions and overcast skies. I have a physical need for sunshine. The truth is I don't think I could live in Alaska either.

MNF, prepare yourself for a 14,000 word rebuttal from Joel. You think you're ready, but you're not.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    There was something on yahoo today about how many Pats fans like hanging out on other teams boards. Its not just this board, Pats fans like all other teams boards. Their own boards must really suck and are probably full of smug Bostonians
    I hang out on this board b/c I was invited to join by the board's founders at its inception.

In fact, I recently heard a rumor the board's founders had a meeting and they're thinking about making me a moderator.
    I'm all for making you a mod. Some one set that up please.

Quote Originally Posted by olathebroncofan View Post
    I'm all for making you a mod. Some one set that up please.
    Davii, where are we on this?

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Not me dude. I've lived in SW Idaho most of my life and have gotten use to sunshine. I start to get sun withdrawals in January when we have inversions and overcast skies. I have a physical need for sunshine. The truth is I don't think I could live in Alaska either.
    What's sunshine?

8. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Damn you, Mother Nature! This time of the year is supposed to be snow games at Foxboro. I love a good snow game.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information