Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jimbo Fisher kicked Jameis Winston out of practice before the BCS Championship Game over the two-minute drill

Default Jimbo Fisher kicked Jameis Winston out of practice before the BCS Championship Game over the two-minute drill

t's a good thing for Florida State that this was practice and not on Monday night.

Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher said that Heisman Trophy winning quarterback Jameis Winston got kicked out of practice before the BCS Championship Game. The final practice in Florida before the game, that is.

From the AP:

Fisher says he took issue with how Winston was performing during a two-minute drill and sent the quarterback to the locker room.

"The thing about two-minute that you've got to be real careful of, it's not about you," Fisher said Tuesday. "You can get so involved that you're going to win the game — the key is to use all the weapons around you. He did that in that game."

"The mindset that you have to have, which he had all year, I just saw it drifting," he said.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...52--ncaaf.html

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Jamarcus Winston.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Really? A freshman QB wins a Heisman and a championship, and all the sudden he is a fat NFL bust.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'm not that impressed with the kid. Also, if any of his teammates in the NFL are English speakers they're gonna need a translator in the huddle.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

FSU won in spite of his play in the championship game, not because of it. As a FSU grad I was embarrassed when he opned his mouth. The kid has mad skills but seems dumb as mud.

8. The Following User High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    I don't need to adopt, my son is a future Bronco ;)

I give the majority of the credit to FSU's defense. They were intense and didn't let up the whole game. Good for them.

As far as Winston goes, it was good for the coach to recognize and make it clear to Winston that its not about him. Just in time too. Whether Winston ever believes it though, only time will tell. A great and valuable lesson to teach a young gifted athlete, though.

The average attempt per pass at the beginning of the game was 11 yards. The game winning drive the average pass attempt was 3. The FS WRs are monsters and they took over.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

11. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Really? A freshman QB wins a Heisman and a championship, and all the sudden he is a fat NFL bust.
    There were a few times that his weight stuck out to me, I can totally see this kid pushing maximum density once he gets paid.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Say what you want about the kid, but he deserved the offensive MVP at the end of the game.

14. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

A black man doesn't talk like Ward Cleaver so that makes him stupid and brainless? There are plenty of guys out there who are smart as hell but talk with a street accent/ attitude. Park that shit somewhere else.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    A black man doesn't talk like Ward Cleaver so that makes him stupid and brainless? There are plenty of guys out there who are smart as hell but talk with a street accent/ attitude. Park that shit somewhere else.
    This isn't about race and it pathetic of you to even try and make it about it. Its a tactic typically used by liberals who don't have a point or are losing an argument. With that said Ryan Mallet (white guy) sounds like an idiot when he talks too and I've been vocal about him as well.

It wasn't just how Winston sounded, it was the content or lack of. This is the current Heisman winner and BCS championship MVP, unoffcial spokesperson for FSU and as a FSU alumni and fan I was embarrased when he spoke. It kinda took away from the win for me. Winston has a TON of potential, best QB we've ever had at FSU in my opinion. He's young and i still have hope for the kid but he has a long way to go in navigating proper english. Without Winston FSU would have never even made it to the game but other than the last drive he played a very poor game.

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

In his defense, he is from Alabama.

20. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

This has nothing to do with race. Good grief. Some People are always so eager to accuse others of racism, its ridiculous and gets old.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    This has nothing to do with race. Good grief. Some People are always so eager to accuse others of racism, its ridiculous and gets old.
    That's easy to say, because you're white.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    The average attempt per pass at the beginning of the game was 11 yards. The game winning drive the average pass attempt was 3. The FS WRs are monsters and they took over.
    this just doesn't make sense

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information