Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: Florida St./Auburn National Championship Game

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Kansas was freaking out. They were basically going to be left hanging in the wind, and were at the point where they were going to start begging the Pac 10 to take them. There was even talk of petitioning the Mountain West, and taking K-State with them.
    Mo...just because me and you remember the facts, doesnt make it the truth. If you want a delusional version of that, just ask any random longhorn

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Mo...just because me and you remember the facts, doesnt make it the truth. If you want a delusional version of that, just ask any random longhorn
    The best part was when Missouri thought they were in the Big Ten. The biggest radio guy in town had someone at Mizzou telling him they'd been invited and he reported for a week before Delaney came out and announced Nebraska would be the school invited in.

The Mizzou booster base went bat shit crazy. They still hate Kietzman for it, even though they got into the SEC...meanwhile Kansas fan is acting like Tweek on South Park, because no one wants them.

Why? Because they all so desperately wanted to get away from Texas.

Good times to be an impartial viewer in KC.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Kansas was freaking out. They were basically going to be left hanging in the wind, and were at the point where they were going to start begging the Pac 10 to take them. There was even talk of petitioning the Mountain West, and taking K-State with them.
    I remember that quite well. It complicated Boise State joining the Mountain West.

Adopted Bronco:

I love the notion that OU and Texas were "buddy-buddy" in all this. I remember when Powers and Dodds flew to Norman to try to convince OU to stay and Sooners officials basically gave them the middle finger. I remember the report basically saying there wasnt anything Texas could have done...OU was out. They had no desire to create any kind of stability with Texas.

But that's just one recollection from a former Big 12 fan.

5. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information