Thread: The Elder Scrolls

Default The Elder Scrolls

This is my favorite game series of all time. TES II: Daggerfall was my first serious RPG for PC over 18 years ago. TES III: Morrowind is still my favorite game of all time (based on the time period of its release). Obviously, TES IV: Oblivion and TES V: Skyrim have more advanced game engines and graphics, but on content/storyline alone, nothing has topped that first experience I had with Morrowind. I did love Skyrim, however, and the modding community has helped it reach epic levels on PC versus the vanilla version on 3rd generation consoles. I've probably spent far too much of my life playing through all of these since I was a teenager. I've managed to have a real life anyway! But, of course, the unique thing about all these games was the experience of role playing in a huge open world that was crafted solely for an immersive single-person experience. All of your interactions were with characters by design. All these games have been as grand as a series among the best works of fiction. I've never been much of a massively multiplayer online (MMO) gamer, like World of Warcraft, Everquest, Star Wars:The Old Republic, etc. Those games all failed for me. What can I say? Punk kids named (o_0)lixXxballz(0_o) tend to kill immersion. Now, of course, comes the next release in The Elder Scrolls series and it's going to be just that, an MMO. The game launches first on PC and Mac in April and then comes to the 4th gen game consoles this summer. I'm skeptical, but hopefully this won't suck. Here's the trailer...

Last edited by pulse; 01-06-2014 at 04:58 AM.
    A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. --Tyrion Lannister, from George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones
    Everybody has a preference. Some guys like them round. Some guys like them thin. Some guys like them tacky. Some guys like them brand new. Some guys like old balls. --Tom Brady

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

Yeah. I will probably give it a look a year after its released. Seems to be how I role. As much as I love gaming , there's just no time to make my eyeballs fall out these days.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

I love Elder Scrolls, I look forward to the next chapter. However, I doubt that it will best Skyrim. I'm disappointed that the last major DLC for Skyrim wasn't released. I'm more excited about Dragon Age III, I hope they create a multiplayer that is comparable to Mass Effect 3, that would be bad***.

Well I was skeptical, and I guess it's not bad for an MMO; actually, it's pretty good. Unfortunately, ESO has the things I dislike about MMOs that lead me to eventually stop paying and playing. Granted, I managed it for a few months and I guess the lore kept me somewhat interested. Unfortunately, it just misses the deep immersion of the regular series that is so hooking/addicting. Guess I'll just be waiting on Todd Howard and Elder Scrolls VI. Might be a while though. I figure Howard and Bethesda Studios are polishing up Fallout 4 right now.
    A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. --Tyrion Lannister, from George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones
    Everybody has a preference. Some guys like them round. Some guys like them thin. Some guys like them tacky. Some guys like them brand new. Some guys like old balls. --Tom Brady

This looks so awesome.... A full remake of Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind with an updated Skyrim engine. Complete with voice acting, revised combat, etc. The massive modding community for Elder Scrolls games on the PC is nothing short of amazing.

*Drool*....

Hopefully this will be out in beta soon and launched by the end of 2015. You can check out more on the TES Renewel site.

Skyrim is one of my favorite games, although I didn't play it a metric shit ton.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information