Thread: Peyton has chance to set some records that do not take place within the game itself.

Adopted Bronco:
    Peyton Manning

Default Peyton has chance to set some records that do not take place within the game itself.

Please correct me if I am wrong on any point stated here. If (when) he wins the MVP this year -- his 5th -- he tops his own record of 4. No one else has more than 3. He will also be the only player ever to get the MVP with two different teams. (This is impressive since usually a great player only goes to another team after he is pretty much washed up.) If he goes to and wins the Super Bowl, he will be the only quarterback to win it with two different teams. And even if he goes but does not win, he may be the only quarterback to get there with two different teams.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived mouthofsouth For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Kurt Warner got there with two different teams. But yeah, still impressive. I'd rather give Peyton the Super Bowl MVP trophy, though.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mouthofsouth View Post
    And even if he goes but does not win, he may be the only quarterback to get there with two different teams.
    Kurt Warner made it to the Super Bowl with the St. Louis Rams (winning twice) and the Arizona Cardinals (losing to the Pittsburg Steelers). There are probably quite a few backup quarterbacks that have made it to Super Bowls with different teams over the past 47 years. Not exactly who those are off the top of my head, however. If Peyton makes it there and wins, he will definitely be the only starting quarterback to ever win a NFL Championship with two different teams.
    A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. --Tyrion Lannister, from George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones
    Everybody has a preference. Some guys like them round. Some guys like them thin. Some guys like them tacky. Some guys like them brand new. Some guys like old balls. --Tom Brady

Adopted Bronco:
    Peyton Manning

You are right. I forgot about Warner. Peyton has to go AND win to get that honor.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    Kurt Warner made it to the Super Bowl with the St. Louis Rams (winning twice) and the Arizona Cardinals (losing to the Pittsburg Steelers). There are probably quite a few backup quarterbacks that have made it to Super Bowls with different teams over the past 47 years. Not exactly who those are off the top of my head, however. If Peyton makes it there and wins, he will definitely be the only starting quarterback to ever win a NFL Championship with two different teams.
    Warner only won the SB once with the Rams. He got there twice and won once (withthe rams)
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Warner only won the SB once with the Rams. He got there twice and won once (withthe rams)
    Ahh that's right. His second trip with the Rams was won by the Evil Hoodie.
    A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. --Tyrion Lannister, from George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones
    Everybody has a preference. Some guys like them round. Some guys like them thin. Some guys like them tacky. Some guys like them brand new. Some guys like old balls. --Tom Brady

9. The Following User High Fived pulse For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    The first QB to reach (and start) a SB for two different teams was a fella named Craig Morton, who lost the first, then lost the second to the guy who took his job. He was also the first (and, I believe, still the only) QB to start a SB for both conferences (even if we wanted to count the Colts for SBs III and V, Morrall started the first and Unitas the second.)
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information