Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Deckers 10th TD Lost in the Shuffle....

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I think most of us said that Decker wouldn't get a big contract from the Broncos, and I still don't think he will. He's certainly earned a nice contract but I'd rather use that money for DRC, Chris Harris, or DT next year. He has played better than I thought he would this season, but I still don't think he's a superstar like DT.
    He is one of the best #2's in the league after Ashlon Jefferies.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    This isn't 100% accurate

Although the Broncos do have 5 players with at least 10 offensive TDs, they only have 4 with at least 10 Receiving TDs:

JT & DT with 12 each.
    Decker & Welker with 10 each.
    Moreno has 10 RUSHING TDs, but only 2 Receiving.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/s...denver-broncos

Still, its a very impressive feat & a testament of how deep our receiving corps is.

True and I corrected. Its the fifth PLAYER to have 10 or more TDs.

No one has had four players on the same team with double digit touchdowns until the 2013 BRONCOS. No one has had four receivers with 10 or more touchdowns on the same team until the 2013 BRONCOS. No one has had FIVE players with

10 or more touchdowns on the same team until the 2013 BRONCOS.

Unreal.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    Remember when people acted like Decker sucked?
    Yah. Go look at the gameday thread week one. You'll find you're Decker haters there.

Quintuple Double...

Decker has got to be the most underrated player on this team.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by smith49 View Post
    Yah. Go look at the gameday thread week one. You'll find you're Decker haters there.
    It baffles me how pointing out Decker's flaws (which are real) makes one a "hater". Sorry for not blowing sunshine up every player on the team's ass because they are Broncos.

Now having said this, Decker has really stepped up over the past several weeks with JT and Welker missing games. He's definitely cut down on his dropped passes and his griping for PI calls. Hopefully that continues.

Now having said all of that, I still wouldn't give him a huge contract this offseason. I'd slot him behind DT, DRC, and Moreno on my priority list.

At the beginning of the season, Decker was the 3rd or 4th best receiver on this team. Now, he's the clear #2. He's one of the most improved players on this team this season, behind Manny Ramirez.

People harp on good players all the time. I try to say that they are still good players. When they come through for me, it's because they "improved".

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Just a reminder that Decker led the LEAGUE in touchdown receptions LAST year...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

11. The Following 5 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Just a reminder that Decker led the LEAGUE in touchdown receptions LAST year...
    Can't wait for him to be a Bengal next year.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    AJ and Decker together? That would almost as good as DT and Decker.

AJ and Decker together? That's almost as good as DT and Decker together. Of course, Dalton is no Manning. You dreaming, or do you really think the Bengals will pay top money for a #2 WR?

edit: For all the Decker defenders, that's not a knock on Decker. He would be a #1 on a lot of teams, just not in Denver, Cinci, Detroit, Arizona, Chicago, or a couple of other cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    AJ and Decker together? That's almost as good as DT and Decker together. Of course, Dalton is no Manning. You dreaming, or do you really think the Bengals will pay top money for a #2 WR?

edit: For all the Decker defenders, that's not a knock on Decker. He would be a #1 on a lot of teams, just not in Denver, Cinci, Detroit, Arizona, Chicago, or a couple of other cities.
    AJ and Decker > DT and Decker. AJ is better than Thomas. Good lord what he could do if he didn't have a ginger QB overthrow him constantly.

Cincinnati still has a good chunk of cap room, and we're not going to be doling out a huge contract to Dalton. I think that's what can facilitate the deal. Plus, Michael Johnson is having a big down year, so I think we can resign him for less than market value.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Here are the Broncos' player salaries, in case any one is interested. I was surprised to see that Woodyard is the 3rd highest paid player behind Peyton and Champ. Also, team salaries are on this link.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/de...=denver-broncs

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

17. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

AJ and Decker > DT and Decker. AJ is better than Thomas. Good lord what he could do if he didn't have a ginger QB overthrow him constantly.

Cincinnati still has a good chunk of cap room, and we're not going to be doling out a huge contract to Dalton. I think that's what can facilitate the deal. Plus, Michael Johnson is having a big down year, so I think we can resign him for less than market value.
    This is a Broncos forum, so we won't turn this thread into an AJ vs DT thread. I think Decker goes to a team that needs a #1 and pays him like one. The man is going to make bank. He can also go to a team like Indy where he has a real QB throwing to him like he does in Denver. No reason to play for a guy like Dalton when you can play for a guy like Luck or Brees, or someone legit.

19. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information