Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: This just in Seattle.... very beatable

Default This just in Seattle.... very beatable

I can't for the life of me , understand why people seem to think the seahawks are invinceable ,they made several bonehead plays yesterday proving that the only answer is NOT breaking them up
    Last edited by Bronco Bible; 12-30-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: spelling

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Bronco Bible For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

They are a solid squad, cant knock em for that. Even in games where they often dont play their best they often times find ways to win.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

I don't know about that. Seahawks are still getting to the QB and defense is still intercepting the ball. Seahawks should have won that game, their defense kept them right in it. Offense looked lack luster, Russ Wilson couldn't do much, they shut him down big time, it was like pulling teeth trying to pass for a 1st down.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

They are who we thought they were.
    In Elway We Trust

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived CrazyHorse For This Post:

I think "very" beatable is a stretch. But it re-affirms what I've been trying to say on this board every time the Broncos lose and we go into full meltdown mode - no one is unbeatable. My bold playoff prediction is that the Seahawks lose at home, most likely to Carolina.

9. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I think "very" beatable is a stretch. But it re-affirms what I've been trying to say on this board every time the Broncos lose and we go into full meltdown mode - no one is unbeatable. My bold playoff prediction is that the Seahawks lose at home, most likely to Carolina.
    I'd love to play the Panthers in the Super Bowl. I think we match up well against them.
    In Elway We Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse View Post
    They are who we thought they were.
    Lawl
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Every team is "beatable". If you wanna talk "very beatable" look no farther than our beloved Denver Broncos.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Every team is "beatable". If you wanna talk "very beatable" look no farther than our beloved Denver Broncos.
    We always seem to beat ourselves. I'd say that was the case in all of our losses.
    In Elway We Trust

15. The Following User High Fived CrazyHorse For This Post:

SR

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    I don't know about that. Seahawks are still getting to the QB and defense is still intercepting the ball. Seahawks should have won that game, their defense kept them right in it. Offense looked lack luster, Russ Wilson couldn't do much, they shut him down big time, it was like pulling teeth trying to pass for a 1st down.
    Russell Wilson can't do much often. Sunday was the 3rd time this season that he failed to complete even 50% of his passes. This even with a dominant defense and running game. He is Seattle's main weakness. A lot of people have been riding his jock for a while, but it's the defense and running game that make that team a contender.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Russell Wilson can't do much often. Sunday was the 3rd time this season that he failed to complete even 50% of his passes. This even with a dominant defense and running game. He is Seattle's main weakness. A lot of people have been riding his jock for a while, but it's the defense and running game that make that team a contender.
    He needs to simplify his game. Shorter throws and less scrambling. He's too quick to leave the pocket. He'll learn though, I have more faith in Russ Wilson than RG3, and I felt that way even before this season. No way RG3 can take the hits he has taken for the past 2 years and expect to have a long fruitful career in the NFL. Your body is a temple!!

19. The Following User High Fived tripp For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse View Post
    We always seem to beat ourselves. I'd say that was the case in all of our losses.
    It's just remotely possible the Seahawks played their last game like we've played MOST of ours. Bear in mind they lost by a TD to 10-5 team who'd probably be leading any division but theirs or ours; even if they loafed their way through that game, they still only lost by a TD against a playoff calibre team.

The way I heard it though, they're beatable if your D is good enough to hold Lynch to 71 yds and a 3.9 average while making Wilson run for his life and sacking him 4 times. We MIGHT still be capable of the former (though after losing Vickerson, Wolfe and now Miller our run D is looking much less fierce) but have we sacked ANYONE 4 times this year? I'm continually annoyed by the notion sacks are the end-all of D, or even just pass D, but SOME pass rush would be nice; I'm not big fan of seeing big receptions against excellent DBs because QBs can wait forever.

The only team that's won a shootout with Seattle this year was the Colts, and they only managed to win by 6 pts—even at home, and returning a blocked FG for a TD.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    So it's your contention that Wilson has yet to reach Franchise QB status? That does not jive with "the Broncos ****** up by not drafting Wilson" narrative.

Forget the fact that this narrative ignores the inconvenient flaw in logic that Wilson would still be considered a 5-10 backup QB had the Broncos drafted him, however, it's a bold statement to suggest that Wilson is not as good as almost everybody insists he already is.

I do like Wilson but also agree with you completely, and I still do not get the Wilson > Osweiler > Eli Manning logic that gets thrown around.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    He needs to simplify his game. Shorter throws and less scrambling. He's too quick to leave the pocket. He'll learn though, I have more faith in Russ Wilson than RG3, and I felt that way even before this season. No way RG3 can take the hits he has taken for the past 2 years and expect to have a long fruitful career in the NFL. Your body is a temple!!
    I kinda think it's the opposite, they need a more complicated scheme in the sense that they have to gameplan for a QB that simply can't see over his OL. Sean Payton makes it look easy with Drew Brees but it's not.

Btw, this is probably the wrong forum.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Bear in mind they lost by a TD to 10-5 team

Well said, dude...and true.

Cardinals defense has been solid all year...

24. The Following User High Fived Broncolingus For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information