Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Knowshon flying a bit under the radar...

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Moreno is worth more to the Broncos than his free agent sticker price.

He has been on the field with Manning for hundreds of snaps the past year and a half. That's worth something. Those reps develop his anticipation and awareness. There are plays where he would pick up a blitz, etc., or anticipate what Peyton wants--and a back without that experience might not. At this stage in Manning's career, that seems an important commodity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

It's a bit funny to me because for all the love Moreno now gets, he has he exact same YPC he did in his second season. And his rookie season was actually pretty solid, with 947 yards rushing (1160 yards from scrimmage) and 9 total TDs. He started out pretty good all things considered, but then the injuries knocked him off track more than anything else. There was always a few of us saying all along that health--not talent, drive, heart or anything else--was all that was holding Moreno back.

Even with the good season, wouldn't surprise me if they let him walk as a UFA. I'd like to have him back, but I could see Elway allotting those funds elsewhere and giving Ball the reigns as #1. If Moreno is willing to take a cap hit that works in a RBBC situation, great. But if he's expecting a big pay day, might be tough to justify with all the other UFAs we have due.
    If not me, who?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by bcbronc View Post
    It's a bit funny to me because for all the love Moreno now gets, he has he exact same YPC he did in his second season. And his rookie season was actually pretty solid, with 947 yards rushing (1160 yards from scrimmage) and 9 total TDs. He started out pretty good all things considered, but then the injuries knocked him off track more than anything else. There was always a few of us saying all along that health--not talent, drive, heart or anything else--was all that was holding Moreno back.

Even with the good season, wouldn't surprise me if they let him walk as a UFA. I'd like to have him back, but I could see Elway allotting those funds elsewhere and giving Ball the reigns as #1. If Moreno is willing to take a cap hit that works in a RBBC situation, great. But if he's expecting a big pay day, might be tough to justify with all the other UFAs we have due.
    I call BS. It was drive, and heart and focus and everything else that was holding him back. He had fumble problems. He had vision problems. He was just an ineffective RB - and it had very little to do with injuries. That's why he was a healthy inactive for half the season last year.

You and MO and UR and Wave can all have your medal for not giving up on him like the rest of us... But let's not pretend like he's been the same guy all along, because he just hasn't.

5. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I call BS. It was drive, and heart and focus and everything else that was holding him back. He had fumble problems. He had vision problems. He was just an ineffective RB - and it had very little to do with injuries. That's why he was a healthy inactive for half the season last year.

You and MO and UR and Wave can all have your medal for not giving up on him like the rest of us... But let's not pretend like he's been the same guy all along, because he just hasn't.
    No he hasn't been the "same" guy, he's been a younger, less experienced, less healthy version of this same guy. The healthy inactive was because he wasn't being effective...but he was also coming back from an ACL tear which usually takes a year of being healthy to get back to 100%. This is the first time since his rookie season that he's been healthy (knock on wood) and had some consistency in the offence. He was never as bad as the masses made him out to be, and now he's really come into his own physically and mentally.
    If not me, who?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

#Broncos RB Knowshon Moreno said about reaching 1,000 yards for first time:

"It's been a little journey, but every single bit of it has been lovely," he said.
    "It meant a lot with all the hard work I put in — not just me but the work the whole team put in," Moreno said. "It was the first time in my career, so it was kind of special. But I want to just keep on rolling. We've got one more game and then after that, we start a new season (with the playoffs), and we'll see how that goes."
    http://sulia.com/channel/denver-bron...source=twitter

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I'm not arguing he's the same guy now as always. He's definitely better. I mostly think people were WAY too hard on him because of how high he was drafted and because of who drafted him. People acted like it was his fault that he was picked 12th overall.

He was always a solid contributor. Not 12th overall good, but not the bust that many on here portrayed him to be either.

I also think the "injury prone" thing was way overblown. He only has had one season in his career in which he has missed more than 3 games due to injury. RBs get hurt all the time as is the nature of the position, but apparently Moreno was supposed to be immune from that.

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information