Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Knowshon flying a bit under the radar...

To some extent, it's not a fair comparison. McGahee's best year was in the zone read with Tebow. Some of those holes were wide enough to drive a car through. Moreno didn't get much pt in that system. Their ypc was not much different last year.

Knowshon actually won me over in the scrimmage this year. All of us fans were sitting out in the rain as the team was in the locker room waiting for the storm to pass. It was Knowshon that came out first, took a trip around the stadium shaking hands with the fans and saying thanks for coming. Then he went in and got the rest of the team to come out and play in the rain while it was pouring. Peyton Manning and the boys doing belly slides along the field in the water will while the crowd went berserk will always be one of my favorite Broncos memories.

3. The Following 9 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    To some extent, it's not a fair comparison. McGahee's best year was in the zone read with Tebow. Some of those holes were wide enough to drive a car through. Moreno didn't get much pt in that system. Their ypc was not much different last year.
    Nothing about this post makes sense (no offense). Defenses were stacking 8-10 guys in the box against Tebow - most of the holes were non-existent. We certainly shouldn't discredit McGahee who had to earn all of those yards. And Moreno didn't get any PT because he wasn't good enough to get on the field. A RB who can't find the field in a run-heavy offense is a problem.

He has re-invented himself. The coaching staff deactivated him for half a year because he was so ineffective. But now he is effective. Good for him.

5. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    I disagree; he always kept moving and got every yard he could, but with the blocking he had that usually wasn't much. As run blockers, Walton was crap, Beadles still is and Kuper was never better (and often worse) than average. Kuper was a great pass blocker, and Beadles became OK, but run blocking? It was only slightly better at tackle; Clady's a stud, but Franklin was pretty useless his rookie year (though better run blocking than pass blocking.)

Flash forward a few years and we've got a standout G in Vasquez, surprisingly good C in Ramirez and Franklin's come into his own, a decent pass blocker but devastating run blocker. When Clady was still in there it was breathtaking, like watching Heston raise his hands in "The Ten Commandments." Lo and behold, Moreno averaged >5 yds/att through our first 4 games, but when Clady went out and then Franklin joined him we were back to "Moreno takes the han—is hit in the backfield, stumbles forward, is hit again, stumbles forward and is tackled for a 1 yd loss."

Meanwhile, Moreno just keeps plugging away as fans call for his head year after year, the coaches bench him repeatedly, and the press runs stories about FO plans to cut him on not one but TWO occasions. No wonder he's playing like a man possessed EVERY down; you know what they say: "Don't look back—someone might be gaining." In Morenos case, it'll probably be Broncos fans with torches and pitchforks, led by his coach.

Let's not forget that even after he "finally turned it on" last year many fans still dismissed his critical catch and long run for a TD in the playoffs because he had the audacity to get HURT when we needed him to run out the clock at the end, then he entered training camp as the number THREE back on the depth chart. I guarantee MORENO hasn't forgotten any of that. If we offer to make him the permanent starter in exchange for less money next year, I wouldn't be surprised if he says, "I'd rather have the money." I would.

You're just rumbling on and trying to make sense out of something that isn't relevant. Moreno used to fall down alot and stumbled over his feet and seemed to fall at times out of nowhere. There was a lot of talk about it back a few years ago. I watch every game and he had an issue keeping his balance and gaining yards, sometimes at critical times. He has made major improvements with his balance. You can regurgitate all you want about offensive lineman, it's really not what I'm talking about.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    You're just rumbling on and trying to make sense out of something that isn't relevant. Moreno used to fall down alot and stumbled over his feet and seemed to fall at times out of nowhere. There was a lot of talk about it back a few years ago. I watch every game and he had an issue keeping his balance and gaining yards, sometimes at critical times. He has made major improvements with his balance. You can regurgitate all you want about offensive lineman, it's really not what I'm talking about.
    Yeah, I remember all the talk a few years ago, and you can bet Moreno does, too, since it included talk about cutting him. If people want to greet his 1000 yd season by regurgitating those criticisms, I'll regurgitate my counterarguments; only right.

At the point it gets to what He Who Must Not Be Named did/n't do for our offense and how defenses did/n't respond though, I'm bailing before it gets ugly (or uglier, as the case may be.)
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Moreno has balled out this year. If didn't get hurt last yr vs BAL there's no doubt in my mind we would have won that game. Decker is a must resign. Best case scenario is for us to win the super bowl this year n Champ retires n saves us $9.5 million against next year's cap.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I owe the guy an apology. I hated him. Despised him. Couldn't stand that he walked around wearing the number 27.

I was wrong. I was wrong about his heart, I was wrong about his passion and I was wrong about him as a player. He's easily been one of my favorite players this year. He has so much heart and it shows. I love the kid.
    Dont feel bad, Moreno hadnt exactlly earned the respect of the fan base yet. He has vastly imroved in a Manning offense.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

10. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Also Joel, it was Moreno that stepped it up, not our OL.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Nothing about this post makes sense (no offense). Defenses were stacking 8-10 guys in the box against Tebow - most of the holes were non-existent. We certainly shouldn't discredit McGahee who had to earn all of those yards. And Moreno didn't get any PT because he wasn't good enough to get on the field. A RB who can't find the field in a run-heavy offense is a problem.

He has re-invented himself. The coaching staff deactivated him for half a year because he was so ineffective. But now he is effective. Good for him.
    I get your point, but I disagree. I believe it's a valid point because it was a completely different system. There were games when teams did a good job of shutting the holes up, but I remember a lot of games where they didn't. Some teams don't know how to defend it because it freezes the LB's. Shady McCoy is easily having the best year of his career in a similar running scheme.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I get your point, but I disagree. I believe it's a valid point because it was a completely different system. There were games when teams did a good job of shutting the holes up, but I remember a lot of games where they didn't. Some teams don't know how to defend it because it freezes the LB's. Shady McCoy is easily having the best year of his career in a similar running scheme.
    Fair enough, but I guess my point still stands that the fact Moreno couldn't get on the field in such a run-heavy offense speaks volumes. McGahee was the better RB while he was the starter.

I think Moreno really is a changed man. I also think he is a great fit for the system - because he's more of a cerebral back than someone who is going to run by the defense.

14. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

knowshon makes buff's dingle tingle.
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by shank View Post
    knowshon makes buff's dingle tingle.
    I'm glad we didn't cut him even though MO kept advocating for it.

i agree, MO's pretty dumb.
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

18. The Following User High Fived shank For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

#Hack
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

20. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

I have always liked Knowshon. I look at it this way - if #7 feels Knowshon is worth keeping, that is all I need to know.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information