Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: hot sauces

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    What about those red chili flakes on your pizza? I got a Hawaiian from the local joint and I enjoyed the heat contrast with the pineapple.
    No, I don't do the flakes. The tobasco brings out the flavor of the pizza sauce. My son was two the first time I put tobasco on his pizza. I'll never forget what happened.

2. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Slick-

Is ceasar salad pretty common down there? It was actually invented in Tijuana.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Slick-

Is ceasar salad pretty common down there? It was actually invented in Tijuana.
    I see it on most menus so I would say yes although I don't see many mexicans eating salads. Since I live here this part of Mexico anyways, the menus are geared towards the tourists. If I go eat at a little Mom and Pop joint off the beaten path you won't see them on the menu. Tacos, tostadas, sopes, salbutes, basically stuff on or inside a corn tortilla.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Fresh Salsas definitely are the bomb. I just like to put tobasco on my pizza and also eggs.
    I hate Tobasco for the same reason as Slick. I would much rather have Frank's, Cholula, Tapatillo, or Valentina.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

6. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I agree with you in that regard. When I get Mexican I don't use tobasco. I like the authentic ingredients combined with a fresh squeezed lime. Pizza however, gotta have my tobasco. I guess to some extent I do like vinegar. I use wine vinegar in a lot of my marinades, and also use it in the authentic ceasar dressing I make. I make authentic ceasar quite a bit. My family loves it.
    Apple Cider Vinegar in marinades = delish
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I hate Tobasco for the same reason as Slick. I would much rather have Frank's, Cholula, Tapatillo, or Valentina.
    When I first moved down here I went out with the administrator of my apartment building once. She asked to go to the movies, not my idea for a first date, and she drowned our popcorn in Valentina. I didn't like it and obviously it turned the popcorn all soggy.

I see it on most menus so I would say yes although I don't see many mexicans eating salads. Since I live here this part of Mexico anyways, the menus are geared towards the tourists. If I go eat at a little Mom and Pop joint off the beaten path you won't see them on the menu. Tacos, tostadas, sopes, salbutes, basically stuff on or inside a corn tortilla.
    That's interesting. I'll bet the vast majority of Mexicans don't know that ceasar salad is Mexican.

Apple Cider Vinegar in marinades = delish
    I'm gonna make my Black Butte marinade again soon. I tried it on liver because I forgot how awful liver is. I think on a nice venison steak it will be awesome.

That's interesting. I'll bet the vast majority of Mexicans don't know that ceasar salad is Mexican.
    I had no idea. You educated me today.

I had no idea. You educated me today.

If you read through all of my posts the education will be broadened.

13. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

When I first moved down here I went out with the administrator of my apartment building once. She asked to go to the movies, not my idea for a first date, and she drowned our popcorn in Valentina. I didn't like it and obviously it turned the popcorn all soggy.
    Hot sauce on popcorn? Gross! I go through phases with hot sauce and spicy food in general. Sometimes that's all I want and I'll put hot sauce on damn near everything except cereal and ice cream, but other times spicy is just not appealing at all.

I had some wings from Pizza hut about a month ago and they were covered in Franks wing sauce. It would've been good if the wings were better quality and they didn't bathe them in the sauce.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I'm gonna make my Black Butte marinade again soon. I tried it on liver because I forgot how awful liver is. I think on a nice venison steak it will be awesome.
    I want to make that Maui Brewing Company marinade for the Kona Coffee crusted steak that I posted about in the beer thread a while back. Gotta go back south so I can get Maui Brewing brews again.

I want to make that Maui Brewing Company marinade for the Kona Coffee crusted steak that I posted about in the beer thread a while back. Gotta go back south so I can get Maui Brewing brews again.
    I haven't been Overly impressed with anything I've tried from them.

And that was the last date, dammit!!! That beotch!
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

I started using hot sauce for some of the crappy military food. Then I started using it for the crappy food at work. I'm not really picky about my hot sauce. I think the green kind is a little weird. I like the usual kinds. Tabasco. Louisiana. Texas Pete.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information