Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 53

Thread: hot sauces

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    What about those red chili flakes on your pizza? I got a Hawaiian from the local joint and I enjoyed the heat contrast with the pineapple.
    No, I don't do the flakes. The tobasco brings out the flavor of the pizza sauce. My son was two the first time I put tobasco on his pizza. I'll never forget what happened.

  2. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:


  3. #32

    Default

    Slick-

    Is ceasar salad pretty common down there? It was actually invented in Tijuana.

  4. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Slick-

    Is ceasar salad pretty common down there? It was actually invented in Tijuana.
    I see it on most menus so I would say yes although I don't see many mexicans eating salads. Since I live here this part of Mexico anyways, the menus are geared towards the tourists. If I go eat at a little Mom and Pop joint off the beaten path you won't see them on the menu. Tacos, tostadas, sopes, salbutes, basically stuff on or inside a corn tortilla.

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam
    Posts
    35,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Fresh Salsas definitely are the bomb. I just like to put tobasco on my pizza and also eggs.
    I hate Tobasco for the same reason as Slick. I would much rather have Frank's, Cholula, Tapatillo, or Valentina.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

  6. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:


  7. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam
    Posts
    35,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I agree with you in that regard. When I get Mexican I don't use tobasco. I like the authentic ingredients combined with a fresh squeezed lime. Pizza however, gotta have my tobasco. I guess to some extent I do like vinegar. I use wine vinegar in a lot of my marinades, and also use it in the authentic ceasar dressing I make. I make authentic ceasar quite a bit. My family loves it.
    Apple Cider Vinegar in marinades = delish
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

  8. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I hate Tobasco for the same reason as Slick. I would much rather have Frank's, Cholula, Tapatillo, or Valentina.
    When I first moved down here I went out with the administrator of my apartment building once. She asked to go to the movies, not my idea for a first date, and she drowned our popcorn in Valentina. I didn't like it and obviously it turned the popcorn all soggy.

  9. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I see it on most menus so I would say yes although I don't see many mexicans eating salads. Since I live here this part of Mexico anyways, the menus are geared towards the tourists. If I go eat at a little Mom and Pop joint off the beaten path you won't see them on the menu. Tacos, tostadas, sopes, salbutes, basically stuff on or inside a corn tortilla.
    That's interesting. I'll bet the vast majority of Mexicans don't know that ceasar salad is Mexican.

  10. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Apple Cider Vinegar in marinades = delish
    I'm gonna make my Black Butte marinade again soon. I tried it on liver because I forgot how awful liver is. I think on a nice venison steak it will be awesome.

  11. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    That's interesting. I'll bet the vast majority of Mexicans don't know that ceasar salad is Mexican.
    I had no idea. You educated me today.

  12. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I had no idea. You educated me today.

    If you read through all of my posts the education will be broadened.

  13. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:


  14. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam
    Posts
    35,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    When I first moved down here I went out with the administrator of my apartment building once. She asked to go to the movies, not my idea for a first date, and she drowned our popcorn in Valentina. I didn't like it and obviously it turned the popcorn all soggy.
    Hot sauce on popcorn? Gross! I go through phases with hot sauce and spicy food in general. Sometimes that's all I want and I'll put hot sauce on damn near everything except cereal and ice cream, but other times spicy is just not appealing at all.

    I had some wings from Pizza hut about a month ago and they were covered in Franks wing sauce. It would've been good if the wings were better quality and they didn't bathe them in the sauce.

  15. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam
    Posts
    35,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I'm gonna make my Black Butte marinade again soon. I tried it on liver because I forgot how awful liver is. I think on a nice venison steak it will be awesome.
    I want to make that Maui Brewing Company marinade for the Kona Coffee crusted steak that I posted about in the beer thread a while back. Gotta go back south so I can get Maui Brewing brews again.

  16. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I want to make that Maui Brewing Company marinade for the Kona Coffee crusted steak that I posted about in the beer thread a while back. Gotta go back south so I can get Maui Brewing brews again.
    I haven't been Overly impressed with anything I've tried from them.

  17. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    When I first moved down here I went out with the administrator of my apartment building once. She asked to go to the movies, not my idea for a first date, and she drowned our popcorn in Valentina. I didn't like it and obviously it turned the popcorn all soggy.
    And that was the last date, dammit!!! That beotch!
    Bill Williamson:

    "The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

  18. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    God's Country
    Adopted Bronco:
    I miss Britton Colquitt
    Posts
    23,817

    Default

    I started using hot sauce for some of the crappy military food. Then I started using it for the crappy food at work. I'm not really picky about my hot sauce. I think the green kind is a little weird. I like the usual kinds. Tabasco. Louisiana. Texas Pete.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Hot Sauces
    By REB in forum What's on your Mind (Chit Chat)
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 09-29-2008, 03:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group